Denomination: Church of England
Year Built: 1872
Address: 37 Church Street, , Stanley Victoria, 3747
Built in 1872. The opening service was conducted by Reverend Father Howard on Sunday 20 October 1872. The Church was apparently closed during the time of Reverend Malcolm Crawley in 1981.
Address: Regent Street, , Steiglitz Victoria, 3331
In the 1860s and 1890s Steiglitz was a busy gold mining township with hotels, shops, churches and a population of over 1000. At the height of the 1860s gold rush, Steiglitz township had more than 1500 residents, four hotels, a newspaper, a variety of shops and even an undertaker. The first Anglican building was built around 1865,…