Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Denomination: Lutheran


Mt Barker, SA - St Mark's Lutheran

Mt Barker, SA - St Mark's Lutheran

Year Built: 1958

Address: 27 Hampden Street, , Mt Barker South Australia, 5251

The church first commenced its existence as an outreach project from Hahndorf with it first service held on 15 December in the Founders room of the local Mechanics Institute. During 1958 discussions were held with the Home Mission Committee to establish a properly constituted congregation. Also it was decided the Founders room at the…

Read More

Mt Isa, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Mt Isa, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 109 Barley Highway, , Mt Isa Queensland, 4825

Read More

Mt Slyvia, QLD - Cross Lutheran

Mt Slyvia, QLD - Cross Lutheran

Address: Lefthand Branch Road, , Mt Slyvia Queensland, 4343

Read More

Mundubbera, QLD - Lutheran

Mundubbera, QLD - Lutheran

Address: 37 Leichhardt St, , Mundubbera Queensland, 4626

Lutheran Settlers came from Germany in the years between 1907 and 1910, among them a group from the Apolistic Church who were encouraged to emigrate by Apostale H.C. Niemeyer. All settlers came out at a cost of £5 per family. The Lutherans called on Pastor Frank to serve them and establish a congregation in Mundowran. In 1929 the Church…

Read More

Murbko, SA - Lutheran

Murbko, SA - Lutheran

Address: Murbko Road, , Murbko South Australia, 5320

Read More

Murray Bridge, SA - Christ Church Lutheran

Murray Bridge, SA - Christ Church Lutheran

Year Built: 1882, 1938

Address: Swanport Road, , Murray Bridge South Australia, 5254

The first Lutheran services were held in 1882 in a shed used by railway construction employees. This continued until 1884 when Mr F.W. Jaench offered a room in his home. He later sold a piece of his land for a church and an even further offer was made by Johann Gottlob Jaensch who subsidsed 10 shillings for every 1.00 raised. The…

Read More

Murray Bridge, SA - Holy Cross Lutheran

Murray Bridge, SA - Holy Cross Lutheran

Year Built: 1909

Address: Corner Florence & Charles Streets, , Murray Bridge South Australia, 5254

The first services were held in a local schoolhouse and then for two years in one of the local halls. The first Holy Cross church was erected in 1909 at the corner of Clara and McHenry Streets and was used up until 1925. The foundation stone was laid in May by Pastor Appelt and the church was dedicated on 31 October 1909. The…

Read More

Murrayville, VIC - St Peter's Lutheran

Murrayville, VIC - St Peter's Lutheran

Address: 9 Murrayville - Nhill Road , , Murrayville Victoria, 3512

The Church was erected in 1923 and constructed of limestone with brick quoins. Initially the Lutherans worshipped in a local house as early as 1910 or they journeyed to the Lutheran Church in Pinnaroo.

Read More

Murtoa, VIC - St John's Lutheran

Murtoa, VIC - St John's Lutheran

Address: Corner Duncan & Degenhardt Streets, , Murtoa Victoria, 3390

Read More

Naracoorte, SA - St John's Lutheran

Naracoorte, SA - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1952

Address: 1 Magarey Crescent, , Naracoorte South Australia, 5271

The Foundation stone was laid on 23 November 1952 by Rev J.F. Hansen.

Read More

Natimuk, VIC - St Paul's Lutheran

Natimuk, VIC - St Paul's Lutheran

Year Built: 1963

Address: Main Street, , Natimuk Victoria, 3409

The first church was built in 1872 behind the present day church. Todays church was dedicated on 24 March 1963.The foundation stone was laid on 14 October 1962.The bell that calls members to worship now is the same bell from the belfry of the first church.

Read More

Nhill, VIC - St Paul's Lutheran

Nhill, VIC - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 39 McPherson Street, , Nhill Victoria, 3418

Read More

North Adelaide, SA - Immanuel Lutheran

North Adelaide, SA - Immanuel Lutheran

Year Built: 1955

Address: 139 Archer Street, , North Adelaide South Australia, 5006

The church was founded in 1930 as a mission-outreach congregation and to serve the needs of the students and staff of the Immanuel Seminary and Immanuel College. After about 20 years of meeting in the old Methodist church building on Tynte Street, the congregation constructed a new building, designed by one of its young members, [Sir]…

Read More

Nuriootpa, SA - Holy Trinity Lutheran

Nuriootpa, SA - Holy Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1959

Address: Corner Penrice & Park Avenue, , Nuriootpa South Australia, 5355

The Foundation stone was laid on 26 July 1959.

Read More

Nuriootpa, SA - St Petri Lutheran

Nuriootpa, SA - St Petri Lutheran

Year Built: 1961

Address: Corner First & Second Street, , Nuriootpa South Australia, 5355

The first St Petri church was opened in 1867. The tower was built in 1927 and a new church replaced the first church in 1961.

Read More

Oakey, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Oakey, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 9 York Street, , Oakey Queensland, 4401

Read More

Oakey, QLD - Trinity Evangelical Lutheran

Oakey, QLD - Trinity Evangelical Lutheran

Address: Hamlyn Road, , Oakey Queensland, 4401

Read More

Palmer, SA - Lutheran

Palmer, SA - Lutheran

Year Built: 1872

Address: Church Crescent, , Palmer South Australia, 5237

A Foundation stone was laid in 1872. An addition appears to have been added in 1927.

Read More

Para Vista, SA - Good Sherpherd Lutheran

Para Vista, SA - Good Sherpherd Lutheran

Address: 388 Montague Road, , Para Vista South Australia, 5093

Read More

Paringa, SA - Lutheran

Paringa, SA - Lutheran

Address: 69 Hughes Avenue, , Paringa South Australia, 5340

Read More

Park Grove, TAS - Martin Luther Lutheran

Park Grove, TAS - Martin Luther Lutheran

Address: 14 Mooreville Road, , Park Grove Tasmania, 7320

Read More

Parkes, NSW - Lutheran

Parkes, NSW - Lutheran

Address: 96 Currajong Street, , Parkes New South Wales, 2870

Read More

Parrakie, SA - Lutheran

Parrakie, SA - Lutheran

Address: 14 Price Street, , Parrakie South Australia, 5301

The name Parrakie is Aboriginal for subterranean water. The Church was IS between 1908 - 1921, U between 1921 - 1966 and L from 1967.

Read More

Pasadena, SA - Lutheran

Pasadena, SA - Lutheran

Year Built: 1982

Address: Fiveash Drive, , Pasadena South Australia, 5042

The church was formed in August 1935 and called the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Congregation Colonel Light Gardens. However there were several services prior to this in 1933 conducted by Pastor Dr Janzow in the Colonel Light Gardens Institute. Two blocks of land in Bond Street had been purchased in 1937 for a church building however…

Read More

Penrice, SA - Salem Lutheran

Penrice, SA - Salem Lutheran

Address: Corner Penrice Road & Murdock Street, , Penrice South Australia, 5353

Read More

Perth, WA - St John's Lutheran

Perth, WA - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1936

Address: 16 Aberdeen Street, , Perth Western Australia, 6000

In 1936, a church large enough to seat 100 people was erected. The exterior stone came from Darlington in the Perth hills.

Read More

Peterborough, SA - Lutheran

Peterborough, SA - Lutheran

Address: 104 Railway Terrace, , Peterborough South Australia, 5422

Read More

Peters Hill, SA - Lutheran
Pimpama Island, QLD - Bethlehem Lutheran

Pimpama Island, QLD - Bethlehem Lutheran

Address: 1281 Stapylton Jacobs Well Road, Pimpana, Woongoolba Queensland, 4208

The pioneers of Woongoolba (Pimpama Island) were generally immigrants from Germany who had migrated to Queensland between 1864-1900.

Read More

Pinnaroo, SA - Bethlehem Lutheran

Pinnaroo, SA - Bethlehem Lutheran

Year Built: 1956

Address: 49 Hensley Street, , Pinnaroo South Australia, 5304

The Foundation stone was laid on 15 July 1956. The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Australia first conducted services in Pinnaroo in July 1906. Early services were conducted in various homes of the local congregation. The Zion Lutheran Church was dedicated on 1Oth April 191 0. The first resident minister was Pastor 0. P. Kloeden.

Read More

Pittsworth, QLD - St Peter's Lutheran

Pittsworth, QLD - St Peter's Lutheran

Address: 31 Hadley Street, , Pittsworth Queensland, 4356

Read More

Ringwood, VIC - Good Shepard Lutheran

Ringwood, VIC - Good Shepard Lutheran

Address: 57 Wantirna Road, , Ringwood Victoria, 3134

Initially there were two Parishes one in Know and the other n Ringwood. However the two congregations formally became the Ringwood-Knox Parish in 2005. Further information from the Church web site here.

Read More

Ringwood, VIC - Good Sheppard Lutheran

Ringwood, VIC - Good Sheppard Lutheran

Address: 57 Wantirna Road, , Ringwood Victoria, 3134

Read More

Riverton, SA - St Matthew's Lutheran

Riverton, SA - St Matthew's Lutheran

Year Built: 1864

Address: Main Street, , Riverton South Australia, 5412

Erected in 1864. The Church bell was originally used at the Peter's Hill Lutheran Church.

Read More

Rosedale, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Rosedale, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1860

Address: 507 Rosedale Road, , Rosedale South Australia, 3847

During the first two years, services were held in the barn of Vater Peutscher, opposite the old cemetery. The Rosenthal Lutheran Congregation was formed in 1850 by Pastor E Meyer of Bethany. A small church was built of sun dried bricks in 1852; this was replaced by the present church in 1860 and the tower added in 1910. It is a…

Read More

Rosevale, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Rosevale, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Year Built: 1881

Address: 572 Rosevale Road, , Rosevale Queensland, 4340

The Church was originally called St Laurentius (1881 - 1928) then St Paul's from 1929 until the present day. It was served from Laidley until 1900, when it realigned with Ipswich Parish. For more information click here.

Read More

Rosewood, QLD - St Matthew's Lutheran

Rosewood, QLD - St Matthew's Lutheran

Address: 63 Mathews Street, , Rosewood Queensland, 4340

Read More

Rowland Flat, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Rowland Flat, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1853

Address: Barossa Valley Way, , Rowland Flat South Australia, 5352

Trinity Lutheran established itself after the disastrous flooding of the Hoffnungsthal settlement in 1853. In I855 the congregations of Holtnunesthal and Rosedale separated from Bethany. Around the same time the Hoffnungsthal members in the Rowland Flat area decided to form their own congregation. J.G. Schulz a member of the…

Read More

Roxby Downs, SA - Lutheran

Roxby Downs, SA - Lutheran

Address: 95 Pioneer Drive, , Roxby Downs South Australia, 5725

Read More

Saddleworth, SA - Zion Lutheran

Saddleworth, SA - Zion Lutheran

Year Built: 1905

Address: Corner Burra & Michael Streets, , Saddleworth South Australia, 5413

Pastor J. Homann began Lutheran services in the Saddleworth area in 1905. The first of these services was held on 3 March 1905, five families attending on that occasion. They first held services in the Institute or in the adjoining Lodge Room, and later the Baptist Church was hired until their own church was completed in 1925. Progress…

Read More