Denomination: Roman Catholic
Year Built: 1907
Address: 15 Adelaide Street, , Bondi Junction New South Wales, 2022
The original church was built in 1907 and enlarged twice. The present church (AUSTIN MACKAY) was opened in 1940 and is of Art Deco style with Romanesque windows and prominent stained glass depicting the 14 Stations of the Cross. The Foundation stone was laid in 1939.
Year Built: 1865
Address: Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586
The church was established in 1865 and construction of the current church was completed in 1877. The first Mass was conducted in fact iin 1837 by Father Brennan from Yass. Its a Gothic church of blue granite and sandstone both locally quarried. Its 35m in length by 19m wide with ceiling and rafters made from stained timber. The roof is…
Year Built: 1939
Address: 19 Patrick Street, , Bothwell Tasmania, 7030
In 1864 Henry Hunter designed a stone church for Bothwell and later that year Bishop Wilson offered the first Mass. The church stood for seventy four years but because there were said to be problems with the foundations and the church was too small, John Goggin's was contracted in 1939 to build a new church using some of the original…
Address: 11 Mary Street, , Bremer Bay Western Australia, 6338
In 1849 the Western Australian Surveyor General, John Septimus Roe, named the tiny port after Sir James John Gordon Bremer, the captain of the HMS Tamar. Roe had served under Bremer from 1824-1827.
Year Built: 1890
Address: 184 Bungaree Wallace Road, , Bungaree Victoria, 3352
The Parish was established in 1890. A few years before in 1878 Dean Moore purchased a block of land for a church and school. This land now holds the Bungaree hall and some adjoining houses. The first recorded baptism in Bungaree was that of Ellena Rice performed by Fr J Cleary on 31 August 1890. When Fr Linane retired in 1965 Fr…
Year Built: 1891
Address: 96 Mount Street, , Burnie Tasmania, 7320
There are several foundation / plaques on the church building. The church foundation stone reads, " St Mary's Star of the Sea blessed and opened by the Most Rev Daniel Murphy D.D. Archbishop of Hobart 1st January 1891, T Kenner builder, Matthew O'Callahan Parish Priest". Another reads, " Erected to the memory of the very Revd,…
Year Built: 1918
Address: 548 Burke Road, , Camberwell Victoria, 3124
The church is built of Barrabool stone, from Waurn Ponds, Geelong. The most prominent external feature is the cupola – the rounded copper dome adorning the church roof. The foundation stone was laid on 25 May 1913, replacing an earlier church-school building dedicated to St John Berchman opened in 1887. The cost of the building was…
Address: 33 John Street, , Camden New South Wales, 2570
The Church was established in 1859 when the great Archbishop Polding was still in office as Archbishop of Sydney and the indomitable pioneer priest of the Australian Church, Father John Joseph Therry, who had certainly proclaimed the Word of God in the Camden area, was approaching the end of his days as Parish Priest of Balmain. Early…
Year Built: 1915
Address: 7 Evaline Street, , Campsie New South Wales, 2194
Built around 1915 the Church cost 12,000 according to an article in the Sydney Morning Herald of 25 October 1927. The Church was opened by Archbishop Kelly. Romanesque style red brick Church with slate roof. Arched opening at front, small rose window, pilasters alongside walls are features. It is a typical twentieth century Parish…
Year Built: 1902
Address: Tilga Street, , Canowindra New South Wales, 2804
The Church has two foundations stones attached to it. The first was laid on 11 May 1902 by the Bishop of Bathurst the Right Reverend J Dunn. The other was laid on 27 July 1915 by the same Bishop.
Address: 78 Hargraves Street, , Castlemaine Victoria, 3450
The first temporary chapel was built in 1853. The wooden church remained in service until 1857 when plans for "a magnificent cathedral in the Elizabethan style" were announced. Frederick Poepel was chosen as the architect, and the first stone laid on September 13th 1857..
Address: Nelson Road HMAS, , Cerberus Victoria, 3920
Our Lady Star of the Sea Memorial Chapel serving the Royal Australian Navy within HMAS CERBERUS, Victoria. Opened in 1948 by Archbishop Daniel Mannix. It features stained glass windows donated by the American singer/actor Bing Crosby on a visit by him in the 1950's.
Year Built: 1993
Address: 7 Learmouth Street, , Charlton Victoria, 3525
A Foundation stone reads, "St Joseph's Church Charlton was blessed and opened by Most Reverend Ronald Mulkeearns D.D. Bishop of Ballarat Sunday April 4th 1993. Fr Denis Dennehy Parish Priest. On this site stood the former St Joseph's Church blessed and opened by Bishop Joseph Higgins of Ballarat in September 1907 when Father Edward…
Year Built: 1941
Address: 362 Station Street, , Chelsea Victoira, 3196
St Joseph's was attached to Mentone until 1927 when Frankston was made a parish. The first church was erected in 1914 and later badly burnt in 1965. The current church was opened on 5 Januaury 1941 with a cost of £10,500. The Architect was Mr Cyril Kelly and the Builder was Mr W.J. Kelly.
Year Built: 1959
Address: Castle Street, , Clarence Gardens South Australia, 5039
The Foundation stone was laid on 3 May 1959 by the Most Reverend M. Beovich D.D. Phd.