Denomination: Roman Catholic
Year Built: 1940
Address: 126 Canterbury Street, , Casino New South Wales, 2470
The first Catholic Church was erected in 1876. The current Church was built of local red bricks in 1940. A late Art Deco church with rectangular lines and heavy scale and bulk. Romanesque elements on facade. The Church was consecrated in May, 1940 by the Bishop of Lismore. The bricks came from Coombell, south of Casino.
Address: 78 Hargraves Street, , Castlemaine Victoria, 3450
The first temporary chapel was built in 1853. The wooden church remained in service until 1857 when plans for "a magnificent cathedral in the Elizabethan style" were announced. Frederick Poepel was chosen as the architect, and the first stone laid on September 13th 1857..
Address: Nelson Road HMAS, , Cerberus Victoria, 3920
Our Lady Star of the Sea Memorial Chapel serving the Royal Australian Navy within HMAS CERBERUS, Victoria. Opened in 1948 by Archbishop Daniel Mannix. It features stained glass windows donated by the American singer/actor Bing Crosby on a visit by him in the 1950's.
Year Built: 1993
Address: 7 Learmouth Street, , Charlton Victoria, 3525
A Foundation stone reads, "St Joseph's Church Charlton was blessed and opened by Most Reverend Ronald Mulkeearns D.D. Bishop of Ballarat Sunday April 4th 1993. Fr Denis Dennehy Parish Priest. On this site stood the former St Joseph's Church blessed and opened by Bishop Joseph Higgins of Ballarat in September 1907 when Father Edward…
Year Built: 1972
Address: Church Street, , Charters Towers Queensland, 4820
A plaque reads, " This stone was blessed by The Most Rev L. Faulkiner Bishop of Townsville on 3rd September 1972 in the Centenary year of St Columba's Parish 1872 - 1972".
Year Built: 1941
Address: 362 Station Street, , Chelsea Victoira, 3196
St Joseph's was attached to Mentone until 1927 when Frankston was made a parish. The first church was erected in 1914 and later badly burnt in 1965. The current church was opened on 5 Januaury 1941 with a cost of £10,500. The Architect was Mr Cyril Kelly and the Builder was Mr W.J. Kelly.
Address: 9 Centre Dandenong Road, , Cheltenham Victoria, 3192
Year Built: 1941
Address: 44 Bruce Highway, , Childers Queensland, 4660
The Foundation stone of this Church erected to the Glory of God and in honour of the sacred heart by the people of Childers was blessed and laid by Most Rev James Duhig D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane 28 - 3 - 41. R.W. Lyons P.P.".
Year Built: 1958
Address: 27 Wyndham Road, , Claremont Tasmania, 7011
The Marist Fathers took charge of St. Bernard's Parish, Claremont, when Father O'Halloran, SM, came as parish priest in February 1958. Archbishop Guilford Young blessed and opened St. Bernard's Church, in Wyndham Road on April 20, 1958. Working bees organised by Father J. C. Wallis (Claremont was served from Glenorchy before the Marists…
Year Built: 1959
Address: Castle Street, , Clarence Gardens South Australia, 5039
The Foundation stone was laid on 3 May 1959 by the Most Reverend M. Beovich D.D. Phd.
Year Built: 1924
Address: 52 Orial Road, , Clayfield Queensland, 4011
The foundation stone of the new church was laid by Duhig on 10 August 1924. A sum of £1,150 was collected at the ceremony towards the cost of the building. This amount had increased to £2,400 by the church's opening. Donations ranged from small amounts to £200, including £25 from Hennessy and Hennessy, and £25 from Mrs T.C. Beirne. The…
Year Built: 1986
Address: 50 Fairway Drive, , Clear Island Waters Queensland, 4226
A Foundation stone reads, "This Church dedicated to the Sacred heart of Jesus was blessed and opened by His Grace the Most Reverend F.R. Rush D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane on Sunday 22nd June 1986 Rev O.K. Oxenham DCL OBE Parish Priest Surfers Paridis Broadbeach". A plaque reads, “ The rose window faces the mountains to the west: the…
Year Built: 1886
Address: Corner Hodgkinson & Wellington Streets, , Clifton Hill Victoria, 3068
The foundation stone of this former Wesleyan Church, was laid on 13 December 1886. The parsonage in Hodgkinson Street was built in 1881. Due to low attendances, the Wesleyan Church closed down in October 1961.
Year Built: 1876
Address: 61 Queens Parade, , Clifton Hill Victoria, 3068
Construction commenced in 1876 and by July the walls were being erected. The Foundation stone was laid in 1876. The Architect was J.B. Denny. The spire was added in 1907.
Address: Clifton Leyburn Road, , Clifton Queensland, 4361
His Grace, Archbishop Dunne on October 21, 1888, opened the first Catholic Church built in Clifton. It was situated on the block on which the current presbytery now stands. Mr M. T. O'Brien was the builder and it cost 247. It was only six months old when discussions commenced about enlarging the church. James Mowen, a prominent Clifton…
Address: 14 Sheaffe Street, , Cloncurry Queensland, 4824
The Church was established in 1898. At the time of Father Hanley's time there was no Church, and he used the old Shire Hall for Mass. He had a small residence opposite the present Police Station. He also collected money for a Church and purchased a wooden Church building in England. When it arrived in Townsville, Father O'Keeffe…
Address: Clunes Creswick Road, , Clunes Victoria, 3370
The church is constructed in bluestone and was designed by Henry R. Caselli and W. B. Tappin and was built between 1872 and 1873. It's based on the plans of St Patrick's in Ballarat and the St Patrick's in Port Fairy (both designed by Charles Hansom). The Church was opened on 9 March 1873 by the Right Reverend J.A. Gould Bishop of…
Address: 4 William Street, , Cobram Victoria, 3644
Cobram and Katamatite were part of Yarrawonga Parish. From 1910 - 1922 Cobram was part of Numurkah Parish, the first Church being built in 1911. Ten years later, in 1921, the convent and school were built and in 1922 the Sisters of Mercy arrived from Bendigo to open the school. A Foundation stone on the old church reads, " St Josephs…
Address: 12 Gordon Street, , Coffs Harbour New South Wales, 2450
The first Church was erected in 1908. It was opened on 26 January 1908 and blown down on Christmas Eve 1908. A plaque reads, "This Parish Bell was solemnly blessed by Most Rev J S Satterthwaite, DD BE and was donated by Gruppo Alpini, Italian Community and Supporters on 12 November, 1995 T Borsato Gruppo Alpini CH Fr C G Reinhard…
Year Built: 1980
Address: Corner Calvert & Gellibrand Streets, , Colac Victoria, 3250
On February 7 1850 Reverend Nicholas Coffey applied for two acres of land in Colac for the purposes of a Church, Scholl and a clergy residence. By March of the same year approval had been given by the Colonial Secretaries office in Sydney. The population in the Colac region in 1851 was 1,199 residents. 1980. Architect was Brian Dowling.*
Year Built: 1857
Address: 2 Arthur Street, , Colebrook Tasmania, 7027
Bishop Wilson approved the construction of a large church at Colebrook towards the end of 1854. The Government was approached to supply " a few loads of metal" in order "to make good the approaches to the proposed church': This paltry assistance was given. However When asked if more substantial help by allowing timber for the church to…