Denomination: Roman Catholic
Year Built: 1911
Address: Methul Street, , Coolamon New South Wales, 2701
The first church was built about the year 1888. It was enlarged some years later and served as a church school until the present brick church was built by the Rev Father Griffin in 1911 at a cost of £1,600. The Foundation stone was laid on 18 October 1911. In 1928 the church was added to by the erection of a sanctuary, sacristy and…
Address: Crn Tweed and McLean Streets, , Coolangatta Queensland, 4225
The Church was opened in 1926. The design was Italian Romanesque with a campanile rising to a height of 110 feet and seating for 800 people. A Foundation stone reads, " he Foundation stone of this church to the Honour and Glory of God under the patronage of St Augustine was blessed and laid by The Most Reverend J. Duhig D.D. Archbishop…
Address: 165 Old Cleveland Road, , Coorparoo Queensland, 4151
A plaque on the church wall reads, On the 25th of January 1925 on the feast of St Paul the Apostle this first stone of the church erected to the glory of God under the title and patronage of St James the Apostle was blessed and placed by the most Reverend J Duhig D.D. Archbishop of Brisbane in the reign of Pope Pius Eleventh with the…
Address: 312 Cavendish Road, , Coorporoo Queensland, 4151
Year Built: 1920
Address: 23 Parade Place, , Corowa New South Wales, 2646
The current church was erected on the site of the first church which was built in 1875. While it was being built, Mass was celebrated in the school. It cost £9,000 to construct and built of brick with an imposing front elevation. Almost at the summit is a canopied niche, containing a magnificent statue of the Sacred heart in white Carara…
Year Built: 1965
Address: 52 Clarence Street, , Cowper New South Wales, 2460
A Foundation stone reads, "Mary Immaculate Church Bishop P J Farrelly DD solemnly blessed and laid the foundation stone on Sunday 13-12-1964". A stone reads, "A M D G Bishop P J Farrelly DD solemnly blessed and dedicated this church as a memorial to the members of the armed services who lost their lives in World Wars I & II 23-5-1965".
Year Built: 1875
Address: Lachlan Street, , Cowra New South Wales, 2794
The first St Raphael's was built along Gothic lines and opened in 1861. The Architect was Edward Gell. Built entirely of stone it was dedicated by Archbishop Polding in 1865. It was replaced by a new church in 1875. The current and third church had its foundation stone laid in 1938 with the stone of the second church forming the…
Year Built: 1900
Address: Esk Street, , Crows Nest Queensland, 4355
The church was built, and opened in 1900, and named St Matthew's in honour of the donor of the land. The Sisters of St. Joseph to the Parish, and the building of the Convent school was opened on 15 July, 1917. As of 2007 the church did not have a resident Priest.
Year Built: 1875
Address: 2535 Currawang Road, , Currawang New South Wales, 2580
A plaque reads, "The porch gate was designed & built by Andrew Rowlands in memory of his father Graham Richard Rowlands and his grandfather Roy Richard Rowlands this plaque was dedicated on Wednesday, 27 February 2000 St Matthias' Currawang 125th anniversary"
Year Built: 1940
Address: 34 Mary Street, , Cygnet Tasmania, 7112
A Foundation stone attached to the building was laid on 18 February 1940 by his Grace the Archbishop of Hobart J.D. Simonds. The Church was opened on 6 October of the same year. The church was designed in the Moorish style.
Year Built: 1913
Address: 29 Banks Avenue, Daceyville, New South Wales, 2032
Daceyville was Crown land in the 1880's and was named Raggetty Flat. In January of 1913, the Government Housing Board asked Archbishop Kelly if the Catholic Church was interested in participating in a ballot for sites to erect religious buildings in the then named Dacey Garden Suburb. The Archbishop accepted the invitation and the…
Year Built: 1986
Address: 24 Jerramatta Street, , Dapto New South Wales, 2530
A Foundation stone reads, " This Foundation stone of St John the Evangelist Church was blessed and set by The Most Reverend William E. Murray D.D. DSc Sc SOC Bishop of Wollongong on Sunday 28th September 1986. Rev J.T. Ward".
Year Built: 1925
Address: Hay Road, , Darlington Point New South Wales, 2027
The Foundation stone was laid on 29 November 1925 by the Right Reverend J.W. Dwyer Bishop of Wagga.
Address: 72 Daylston Glen Forbes Road, , Dalyston Victoria, 3992
In 1901, the church was built on land donated by Mr P.J. Daly of 'Cloverdale'. It was opened in February 1902. It is now a Function centre and privately owned. The former Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church and presbytery are an subsantialy intact example of a rural church with simple Gothic revival detailing. The church is also notable for…
Year Built: 1955
Address: 10 Whitehorse Road, , Deepdene Victoria, 3103
The first building, on the Whitehorse Rd site, which is now part of the school, was used by the parish as both a church and school. The foundation stone of the first church was blessed by Archbishop Mannix on 26 November 1922. The construction of the current church began in the 1950s, when Fr Godwin was the parish priest. It was…
Year Built: 1889
Address: 20 W Goderich Street, , Deloraine Tasmania, 7304
A stone above a doorway to the Church reads, " Pray for the soul of Rev Edward Francis Walsh 22 years Pastor of this Church who fortified with all the rites of Holy Church died December 4th 1902 in the 39th year of his Priesthood aged 64 years R.I.P.". A Foundation stone reads, " Church of the Holy Redeemer blessed and dedicated by Most…
Address: Loch Street, , Derby Western Australia, 6728
Address: 59 Stewart Street, , Devonport Tasmania, 7310
The first Catholic church at Devonport was established at Torquay in 1870 on the east side of the Mersey River. One foundation reads, "A.M.D.C. To Commemorate the Golden Jubiin the Priesthood of the Ven Archdeacon Michael J Beechenor P.P. This Foundation stone was laid by the Most Rev Patrick Delany D.D. Archbishop of Hobart June 14…
Year Built: 1999
Address: 10 Dimar Court, , Dingley Victoria, 3172
A Foundation stone reads, " This Church of St Mark's was blessed ans consecrated to the greater honour and glory of God and the salvation of man on April 25tn 1999 by his Lordship Bishop Denis J. Hart D.D. with the dedication of the parishioners of St Mark's. Fr Anthony P Fox O.F.M. Conv Parish Priest. Fr Joseph Nguyen O.F.M. Conv…
Year Built: 1993
Address: Foote Street, , Dromana Victoria, 3936
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 May 1993 by the most Reverend Sir T.F. Little Archbishop of Melbourne.