Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Denomination: Uniting


Sutton Grange, VIC - Uniting

Sutton Grange, VIC - Uniting

Address: Church Access Road, , Sutton Grange Victoria, 3448

Read More

Swanpool, VIC - Uniting

Swanpool, VIC - Uniting

Address: Midland Highway, , Swanpool Victoria, 3673

Read More

Swifts Creek, VIC - Uniting

Swifts Creek, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1928

Address: 6846 Great Alpine Road, , Swifts Creek Victoria, 3896

A Foundation stone reads, " Presbyterian Church Swifts Creek To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Duncan Wm Johnston Esq, on the 15th December 1928".

Read More

Tailem Bend, SA - Uniting

Tailem Bend, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1900

Address: Gollan Street, , Tailem Bend South Australia, 5259

The Foundation stone of the original church was laid on 22 September 1900. It was later re laid at the request of L.A. Pontt on 5 December 1938. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 21 May 1927 by Mrs A.D. McCutcheon.

Read More

Tanunda, SA - Uniting

Tanunda, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1993

Address: William Street, , Tanunda South Australia, 5352

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 February 1993.

Read More

Taroona, TAS - Uniting

Taroona, TAS - Uniting

Address: Taroona Crescent, , Taroona Tasmania, 7053

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Read More

Tecoma, VIC - Uniting

Tecoma, VIC - Uniting

Address: 1566 Burwood Highway, , Tecoma Victoria, 3160

Read More

Temora, NSW - Uniting

Temora, NSW - Uniting

Address: Corner Doboos & Polaris Streets, , Temora New South Wales, 2666

Read More

Templestowe, VIC - Uniting

Templestowe, VIC - Uniting

Address: Atkinson Street, , Templestowe Victoria, 3106

The Templestowe Presbyterian Church was established in 1895 and is beleived to have been held in the Mechanics Institute Hall. A Churhc was erected in 1896 on land donated by Emma Smith Sr. The building is still in use today. From 1924 to 1931 Templestowe became a Home Mission charge however by 1960 the Church had become its own…

Read More

Terang, VIC - Uniting

Terang, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner McKinnon & Ewing Streets, , Terang Victoria, 3264

Built in 1868 as a Methodist Church, the parsonage adjacent (in Ewing St) dates from 1902.

Read More

The Summit, QLD - Uniting

The Summit, QLD - Uniting

Address: 9 Church Road, , The Summit Queensland, 4377

On 20 March 1915, a meeting was held at The Summit Railway Siding, for the purpose of considering the offer of a quarter acre of land on Mr Burnett's property for the purpose of erecting a Methodist Church. The offer was accepted, and a subscription list opened and £36 17 shillings was donated at the meeting. The builder was Mr W.…

Read More

Thorpdale, VIC - Uniting

Thorpdale, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1990

Address: Johnstone Street, , Thorpdale Victoria, 3835

Foundation stone was laid on 14 October 1990.

Read More

Tintinara, SA - Uniting

Tintinara, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1966

Address: Wendt Terrace, , Tintinara South Australia, 5266

The Church was built by and for the Parkin Mission for the Congregational Church in 1966 replacing its former building which was purchased and used by the CWA. Early in the 20th Century the Congregationalists and the Methodists agreed that in towns along the Dukes highway between Tailem Bend and Bordertown would be serviced by the…

Read More

Tocumwal, NSW - Uniting

Tocumwal, NSW - Uniting

Address: 71 Deniliquin Street, , Tocumwal New South Wales, 2714

Read More

Tongala, VIC - Uniting

Tongala, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1958

Address: Miller Street, , Tongala Victoria, 3621

The congregation at Tongala was virtually a continuation of that at Tongala South. In 1932 the church was extended to the north end and this included the construction of two more windows - in the style of the original windows. The building fund kept on growing and a Kindergarten room was opened in February 1958. This was opened by G B…

Read More

Tooborac, VIC - Uniting

Tooborac, VIC - Uniting

Address: Flagstaff Lane, , Tooborac Victoria, 3522

The Church was built as a Wesleyan Church by local Tooborac residents, most of which were memebers of thee local Hayes family. The congregation for this church began in the home of Mr Thomas Blake and later moved into the Mechanics Hall. The first service was conducted by Rev Robert Hart in 1864.

Read More

Toolleen, VIC - Uniting

Toolleen, VIC - Uniting

Address: 23 Cornella Toolleen Road, , Toolleen Victoria, 3551

Read More

Toorak, VIC - Uniting

Toorak, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1875

Address: 603 Toorak Road, , Toorak Victoria, 3142

Formerly a Presbyterian Church it was established in 1875 with the Rev. Murdoch MacDonald as Minister. Designed as a simple cruciform, apsidal plan church with tower, by the architects, Reed and Barnes, it was erected in 1875-76. The principal materials being Barrabool sandstone with Oamuru (New Zealand) limestone pressings. The…

Read More

Toowong, QLD - Uniting

Toowong, QLD - Uniting

Address: 76 Sherwood Road, , Toowong Queensland, 4066

Read More

Toowoomba, QLD - St Stephen's Uniting

Toowoomba, QLD - St Stephen's Uniting

Year Built: 1884

Address: 51 Neil Street, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350

The Church was built of local basalt and sandstone and was completed in 1884. A fire in 1989 which resulted in the collapse of the roof, damaging the organ beyond repair. Re-construction was not completed until 1993.

Read More

Torquay, VIC - Uniting

Torquay, VIC - Uniting

Address: 28 Anderson Street, , Torquay Victoria, 3228

Formerly a Presbyterian church. In 1900 a building at New Manners Steightz was disassembled and moved to Torquay and re-erected and opened for services in April 1900. The church measured 23ft by 19ft with a porch measuring 7ft by 6ft. In September 1925 plans for a new church and Sunday school designed by Laird and Buchan of Geelong…

Read More

Trafalgar, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Trafalgar, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Address: 38 Contingent Street, , Trafalgar Victoria, 3824

Read More

Truro, SA - Uniting

Truro, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1860

Address: 35 The Esplanade, , Truro South Australia, 5356

The first Congregational congregation in the area had been formed in 1850 at Wheal Barton and comprised Cornish miners. It closed with the mine and the first Congregational church in Truro opened in 1854 with a congregation of 9 people. It cost £600. It was enlarged in 1879 by adding rooms. The Church was opened by Reverend T. Q. Stow…

Read More

Tunnack, TAS - St Andrews Uniting (Former)

Tunnack, TAS - St Andrews Uniting (Former)

Address: 10 Fairhaven Road, , Tannack Tasmania, 7120

A Foundation stone reads, "This stone was laid to the Glory of God by the Moderator Presbyterian Church of Tasmania Rev A.M. McMaster B.A. B.D. 28th February 1953".

Read More

Ulverstone, TAS - Uniting

Ulverstone, TAS - Uniting

Address: 72 Riebey Street, , Ulverstone Tasmania, 7315

The first church opened in December 1893 replacing an earlier church built in 1880. This church was destroyed by a ‘cyclone’ which struck Ulverstone in May 1893. A Foundation stone reads, "Dedicated to the service of Youth by Rev Arthur J. Blanksby M.A. B.D. Aug 16th 1952".

Read More

Unley, SA - Uniting

Unley, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1903

Address: Corner Unley & Edmund Roads, , Unley South Australia, 5061

The Foundation stone was laid on 3 October 1903 by Mrs J.G. Jenkins.

Read More

Urania, SA - Uniting

Urania, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1884

Address: Government Road, , Urania South Australia, 5573

The Church was built in 1884.

Read More

Uranquinty, NSW - St James Uniting

Uranquinty, NSW - St James Uniting

Year Built: 1960

Address: 16 Yarragundry Street, , Uranquinty New South Wales, 2652

The Foundation stone was laid on 25 June 1960 by Mrs Thomas Rodham.

Read More

Verdun, SA - Uniting

Verdun, SA - Uniting

Address: Onkaparinga Valley Road, , Verdun South Australia, 5245

Read More

Vermont, VIC - Uniting

Vermont, VIC - Uniting

Address: 640 Canterbury Road, , Vermont Victoria,

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Read More

Victor Harbor, SA - Adare Uniting

Victor Harbor, SA - Adare Uniting

Address: The Drive, , Victor Harbor South Australia, 5211

Read More

Victor Harbor, SA - Newland Memorial Uniting

Victor Harbor, SA - Newland Memorial Uniting

Year Built: 1846

Address: 28 Victoria Road, , Victor Harbor South Australia, 5211

By 1846 a chapel, 28ft x 19ft was built of limestone with French doors opening on to a verandah had been built and by 1850 the members of this church had decided to become Congregationalist. The first church was opened in 1869 on land donated by Mr A,F. Lindsay. Rev. Ridgway Newland led the first major group of settlers to Encounter…

Read More

Violet Town, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Violet Town, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Year Built: 1893

Address: 22 Tulip Street, , Violet Town Victoria, 3669

Formerly St Andrews Presbyterian Church the first minister to conduct a Presbyterian service in Violet Town was Rev George Tait. These early services were held in a slab hut in Primrose Street. Services were later conducted, first in a building near the then police station, until the Friendly Society Hall was built. The Rev. J. Gilsennon…

Read More

Wagga Wagga, NSW - Wesley Uniting

Wagga Wagga, NSW - Wesley Uniting

Year Built: 1948

Address: Corner Johnson & Tarcutta Street, , Wagga Wagga New South Wales, 2650

The Foundation stone was laid on 21 August 1948 by Reverend R.D. Doust President of the Conference.

Read More

Waikerie, SA - Uniting

Waikerie, SA - Uniting

Address: 23 McCoy Street, , Waikerie South Australia, 5330

The first Methodist services held at Walikerie were led by the Rev. Coyly Butler, who called in the mission boat 'Glad Tidings'. With Methodist Union a few services were conducted each year by the Morgan Mission. In 1909 Mr. J. Moses Gabb was placed in charge of the River Murray Mission, travelling from Morgan to Loxton in the launch…

Read More

Walbundarie, NSW - St Stephen's Uniting

Walbundarie, NSW - St Stephen's Uniting

Year Built: 1957

Address: Queen Street, , Walbundarie New South Wales,

Originally a Presbyterian church. The Foundation stone was laid by Jessie May Gibbons on 20 August 1957.

Read More

Walkerville, SA - Uniting

Walkerville, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1912

Address: 17 Smith Street, , Walkerville South Australia, 5081

The Foundation stone was laid on 13 April 1912 by Rev J J Nicholls, designed by Rev T Geddes White, and opened on 30 November 1912 as a Methodist church. First chapel was opened on 15 December 1844 as Wesleyan Methodist church and demolished when the new church was built in 1912.

Read More

Wallaroo, NSW - Uniting

Wallaroo, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1882

Address: 1716 Barton Highway, , Wallaroo New South Wales, 2618

Built in 1882 the Church has an L-shape with extending vestry. The hall was erected in 1928 and extended in 1960. The Foundation stone for the hall was laid by Mr Samuel Southwell on 13 June. The granite memorial wall was constructed in the foreground of the church to hold memorial plaques. The granite memorial gates were erected in…

Read More

Wallerawang, NSW  Uniting

Wallerawang, NSW Uniting

Address: 13 Commens Street, , Wallerawang New South Wales, 2845

Read More

Wandin North, VIC - Uniting

Wandin North, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1881

Address: 108 Benak Road, , Wandin North Victoria, 3139

A United Free Methodist church opened in 1867. The Church bricks were made on Mr E Hunters property and Mr Henry Sebrie was the builder. The first service was held in the home of a Mr. Payne. The first church on the current site was built in 1868, on an acre of land granted to the group to be used for ‘religious purposes, public…

Read More