Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Organ Manufacturer: Frederick Taylor
Armadale, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1881
Address: Corner Kooyong & Clarendon Streets, , Armadale Victoria, 3143
Canterbury, VIC - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1927
Address: 137 Canterbury Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126
The foundation stone of the new Presbyterian Church, Canterbury was laid on 19 February 1927. The building was designed by architect W.H. Ford.
Colac, VIC - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1870
Address: Corner Hessie & Pollack Streets, , Colac Victoria, 3250
The Church of St John's is a fine brick building set prominently on a busy corner in the midst of the old residential area of the town. The present building replaces the first church on the site, which was dedicated to St John the Evangelist. The new building constructed from plans prepared by Messrs Henderson and Davidson was opened…
Devonport, TAS - St John's Anglican
Address: 9B Fenton Street, , Devonport Tasmania, 7310
The Church opened on Sunday 15 May 1887 and by 1913, the foundation stone for a tower was laid by Bishop Mercer. A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was set by the Right Rev G.F. Cranswick BA. TH D Lord Bishop of Tasmania 26 February 1956, H.A. Jerrim Rector". The church hall next door has a foundation stone that reads,…
Gawler, SA - Immanuel Lutheran
Year Built: 1963
Address: Corner Second & Seventh Streets, , Gawler South Australia, 5118
The first church was erected in 1863. The Foundation stone for the current church was laid on 18 September 1962 and the building was dedicated on 12 May 1963.
Melbourne, VIC - Welsh Church
Year Built: 1871
Address: 320 La Trobe Street, , Melbourne Victoria, 3000
Built in the Gothic Revival style the church was designed in 1871 by Charles Webb. The contractor was Mr Ireland. The first Welsh Service in Melbourne was held at the Baptist Chapel Collins Street East in December of 1852. The Preacher was Mr Zorenbabel of Carmarthen Wales. From then on Welsh miners regularly gathered for worship here…
Warrnambool, VIC - St John's Presbyterian
Address: Spence Street, , Warrnambool Victoria, 3280
The Church was built of local sandstone and dedicated in July, 1875. The architect was Andrew Kerr and the cost of the building was £4,330. The church was enlarged in 1885 with transepts being added. It features a memorial plaque to the shipwreck Enterprise. The church was destroyed by fire in 1920 but was rebuilt by 1922.