Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Organ Manufacturer: Laurie Pipe Organs
Burnie, TAS - Baptist
Address: 57 Mount Street, , Burnie Tasmania, 7320
The church, capable of accommodating 350 or more people,opened on 12 December 1925. It was built almost entirely by men of the Church. Henry Dowling as general overseer, Fred Parsons in charge of the carpentering and Jim Baylis and Ray Haslock in charge of the brick work. It was completed at a cost of £1675 pounds.Seventeen years later…
Moorabbin, VIC - St David's Anglican
Address: 4 Redholme Street, , Moorabbin Victoria, 3189
Nuriootpa, SA - St Petri Lutheran
Year Built: 1961
Address: Corner First & Second Street, , Nuriootpa South Australia, 5355
The first St Petri church was opened in 1867. The tower was built in 1927 and a new church replaced the first church in 1961.
Sale, VIC - St Columba's Uniting
Year Built: 1958
Address: MacAlister Street, , Sale Victoria, 3850
The first Presbyterian service was held on 29 January 1854 at the Woolpack Inn, Sale.1 A permanent church building was erected in 1859 and this was demolished in 1972. A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God in Thankful Remembrance of the Presbyterian Pioneers of Gippsland this stone was set by Charles Cyril Login a Grandson of…
Traralgon, VIC - St James Anglican
Address: 100 Grey Street, , Traralgon Victoria, 3844
The first incumbent appointed was the Reverend Thomas Moorehouse (spelt differently than Bishop Moorhouse) and it is said that he built St James in 1879 - 80, largely with his own hands. The first St James church was licenced on 28 February 1880. The second St James was licenced on 7 October 1922.
Wodonga, VIC - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1965
Address: 225 Beechworth Road, , Wodonga Victoria, 3690
The church was relocated to its present position and renamed St John’s and a dedication Service was held on 6th November 1965.