Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Organ Manufacturer: Whitehouse & Co
Clayfield, QLD - Scots Presbyterian
Year Built: 1889
Address: 29 Bellevue Terrace, , Clayfield Queensland, 4011
The original Scots Presbyterian Church was designed by AB Wilson, architect, and built by James Watterson in Balmain Street, Maida Hill. It was opened for worship on Sunday May 18, 1889. The congregation decided to enlarge the church in the early 1900s and this site at the corner of Bellevue Terrace and Queens Rd was acquired. The church…
Clayfield, QLD - St Colomb's Anglican
Year Built: 1899
Address: 23 Victoria Street, , Clayfield Queensland, 4011
The Church was designed in 1899 by J.H. Buckeridge, the Brisbane Anglican Diocesan Architect. The church was situated originally in Franz Road, but was moved to its current location in December 1920.
Cleveland, QLD - Uniting
Address: 36 Passage Street, , Cleveland Queensland, 4163
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God This stone was placed on 30th March 1980 by Rev D F Kirkup BA L Th Secretary, Qld, Synod, Uniting Church in Aust Rev R G C Smith Pastor R B Swain Secretary N A C Dean Treasurer R M Oliver". A further Foundation stone reads on the current Hall, "To the Glory of God This stone was laid on…
Highgate Hill, QLD - Park Uniting
Year Built: 1949
Address: 21 Hampstead Road, , Highgate Hill Queensland, 4101
Rev. Brian Whitlock of Sussex street church facilitated the establishment of this congregation. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone, laid to the Glory of God by Rev R.J.E. Moderator of the Presbytery of Brisbane on the 10th December 1949. Marks the Centenary of Park Presbyterian Church. 1849 - 1949."
Ipswich, QLD - Uniting
Year Built: 1960
Address: 27 Ellenborough Street, , Ipswich Queensland, 4305
The first Methodist service of worship in Ipswich (then known as 'Limestone') was held on 28 January 1848.
Maryborough, QLD - St Mary's Catholic
Address: 276 Adelaide Street, , Maryborough Queensland, 4650
The Church is on land donated by Maryborough pioneer James Cleary. It was designed by Charles Tiffin with later additions and alterations by Francis Drummond Greville Stanley and POE Hawkes. The initial construction was from 1869 to 1872 by G Smith and J Thomas. It was extended between 1884 to 1885 with a third extention in 1936 and a…