Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Saint: Andrew


Rose Bay, NSW - St Andrews Presbyterian

Rose Bay, NSW - St Andrews Presbyterian

Year Built: 1913

Address: 26 Dover Road, , Rose Bay New South Wales, 2029

The first Church was erected in 1834 and sold in 1910. The last service was held on 5 November 1911 and the building was demolished soon after. A new block was purchased in Ian Street but was later discarded as un suitable and sold. Plans for the new church were submitted and approved in November 1912 and the current Church was…

Read More

Rosebud, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Rosebud, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Address: 6 Murray Anderson Road, , Rosebud Victoria, 3939

Read More

Rushworth, VIC - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Rushworth, VIC - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Address: Moora Road, , Rushworth Victoria, 3612

Read More

Rye, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican

Rye, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1882

Address: Lyons Street, , Rye Victoria, 3941

St Andrew's Church of England, Lyons Street, Rye, is a small limestone Church built in 1882 to the design of architects Henderson and Smart. A simple rectangle in plan, with attached porch and rectangular chancel, the Church is constructed of random coursed local limestone with flush quoins and corrugated iron roof. The large gable foot…

Read More

Somerville, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican

Somerville, VIC - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1904

Address: 2 Eramosa Road W, , Somerville Victoria, 3912

A Foundation stone was laid on 20 February 1904 by Miss Vera Clarke. The Church was constructed in 1904 using bricks made by the Somerville Brick and Tile Co. The Land was donated by the Somerville Hotel.

Read More

Sorrento, VIC - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Sorrento, VIC - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Year Built: 1888

Address: Kerferd Avenue, , Sorrento Victoria, 3943

The Foundation stone was laid on 17 October 1888 by Hon J Balfour M.L.C. The original section of the church was first built in 1888 and is said to be the current transept, which is the parapet walled section nearest the street and a limestone porch was added in the following year. The current nave, the east wing attached to the hall,…

Read More

Strathalbyn, SA - St Andrew's Uniting

Strathalbyn, SA - St Andrew's Uniting

Year Built: 1844

Address: 10 Alfred Place, , Strathalbyn South Australia, 5255

The first church was erected on this site in 1844 by Scottish Presbyterians. In 1859 the transepts were added to create more room. Edward Stirling donated a bell for the church which was cast in Sheffield England but it was too heavy so a Bell tower was erected in 1859. In 1895 Mrs E. J. Tucker decided the bell tower needed a clock so she…

Read More

Subiaco, WA - St Andrew's Anglican

Subiaco, WA - St Andrew's Anglican

Address: 259 Barker Road, , Subiaco Western Australia, 6008

Read More

Sunbury, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Sunbury, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Address: Corner Brook & O'Shanassy Streets, , Sunbury Victoria, 3429

Read More

Sydney, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican Cathedral

Sydney, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican Cathedral

Address: Corner George & Bathurst Streets, , Sydney New South Wales, 2000

A small but pleasant Gothic Revival Cathedral in Sydney Freestone of late Colonial and early Victorian periods. Original portion of nave designed by Hume. Substantially completed under Blacket. Exterior has weathered to warm brown colour. Delicate Gothic windows, well proportioned towers and buttressing and a multiplicity of decorated…

Read More

Tarago, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Tarago, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1931

Address: Braidwood Road, , Tarago New South Wales, 2580

The Church was built in 1931. A Foundation stone reads, " A.D.M.G. In memory of our fallen soldiers. This Foundation stone of the Church of St Andrew's was laid on 31st October 1931 by the Ven Joseph Pike Archdeacon of Goulburn".

Read More

Temora, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Temora, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Year Built: 1930

Address: DeBoos Street, , Temora New South Wales, 2666

The first church of 1881 was the current church hall. The Foundation stone was laid on 11 June 1930 by the Right Reverend C.A. White B.A. Moderator Presbyterian Church in NSW. The Presbyterian Hall was originally the church. It was built in 1881 and dedicated in 1882.

Read More

Trafalgar, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Trafalgar, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Address: 38 Contingent Street, , Trafalgar Victoria, 3824

Read More

Violet Town, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Violet Town, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Year Built: 1893

Address: 22 Tulip Street, , Violet Town Victoria, 3669

Formerly St Andrews Presbyterian Church the first minister to conduct a Presbyterian service in Violet Town was Rev George Tait. These early services were held in a slab hut in Primrose Street. Services were later conducted, first in a building near the then police station, until the Friendly Society Hall was built. The Rev. J. Gilsennon…

Read More

Wagga Wagga, NSW - St Andrews Presbyterian

Wagga Wagga, NSW - St Andrews Presbyterian

Year Built: 1890

Address: Church Street, , Wagga Wagga New South Wales, 2650

St Andrew's Presbyterian Church was constructed in about 1890 and is designed in Victorian Academic Gothic style and is built of brick and sandstone. The Original Foundation stone was laid on 6 October 1869 by Sir Alfred Steven Chief Justice of New South Wales. The steep, gabled roof is clad with slate. St Andrew's has a landmark tower…

Read More

Walkerville, SA - St Andrew's Anglican

Walkerville, SA - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1847

Address: 41 Church Terrace, , Walkerville South Australia, 5081

In 1847, meetings were held at the Sussex Hotel, Walkerville Terrace to plan the building of a church in this area. In 1848 a local, Mr George Wright Hawkes helped raise the money for the construction of the Church. The money, including a Government grant of 150, was raised and the first building (40ft x 25ft) of limestone with brick…

Read More

Warren, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Warren, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Address: Oxley Highway, , Warren New South Wales, 2824

Read More

Warwick, QLD - St Andrew's Uniting

Warwick, QLD - St Andrew's Uniting

Year Built: 1870

Address: Corner Guy & Fitzroy Streets, , Warwick Queensland, 4370

A former Presbyterian Church, the Church was first established in 1870. The church building was originally rectilinear in plan and has had a stone entry porch added to the front. It is constructed of load-bearing, rock-faced ashlar sandstone and is divided into six bays separated with buttresses. Lancet arched openings, each housing a…

Read More

Wentworthville, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Wentworthville, NSW - St Andrew's Presbyterian

Year Built: 1923

Address: 7 McKern Street, , Wentworthville New South Wales , 2145

The Church was originally located in Parramatta, but by the 1920s it was too small to accommodate Parramatta’s growing congregation. In 1925, after the new church was built, demolition work began on the old church. It was believed that the old church would be completley demolished, until Presbyterians in Wentworthville, in need of a…

Read More

Yarrawonga, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Yarrawonga, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Address: 6 Piper Street, , Yarrawonga Victoria, 3730

A Foundation stone reads, " St Andrews Presbyterian Church Founded 1879 This stone was laid by A.A. Manning Esq J.P. 14th July 1928". A Foundation stone on the Church Hall reads, "To the glory of God in memory of the fallen of two World Wars and Korea. This stone was laid by the Rev. Reford Corr Chaplain 2nd A.I.F. Minister of this…

Read More

Yarrum, VIC - St Andrew's Unitng

Yarrum, VIC - St Andrew's Unitng

Address: 109 Commercial Road, , Yarrum Victoria, 3971

Read More

Yass, NSW - St Andrews Uniting

Yass, NSW - St Andrews Uniting

Year Built: 1906

Address: 124 Meehan Street, , Yass New South Wales, 2582

The foundation stone of the current St. Andrews Church was laid on the 17th January 1906 by Alexander McBean of Springmount, a grandson of the first Alexander McBean, the founder of the family in the district. The architects were Messrs. Nixon and Adam. The church was built by Mr. Hastings from Tumut and is of Gothic design, built of…

Read More