Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Airport West, VIC - St Christopher's Catholic
Year Built: 1969
Address: 34 Roberts Road, , Airport West Victoria, 3042
A Foundation stone reads, " This church erected to the Glory of God under the protection of St Christopher was solemeny blessed and the main altar consecrated by Most Rev John N. Cullinane D.D. V.G. P.P. on October 5th 1969. The Temple of God is sacred and you are that temple 1. Cor 3/17" - Rev F.R. J Phelan Parish Priest - Max Chester…
Camberwell, VIC - St Christopher's Catholic
Year Built: 1888
Address: 595 Riversdale Road, , Camberwell Victoria, 3124
The foundation stone was laid on 7 January 1888 by James Mirams MLA and the building opened on 29 April of the same year. The architects were Loweish, Moorhouse and Figgis. The church was constructed from dark brown Hawthorn bricks in the Gothic style and cost £1,150 to erect. A memorial stone reads, " This tablet to commemorate the…
Curramulka, SA - St Christopher's Anglican
Year Built: 1878
Address: 10 Dans Road, , Curramulka South Australia, 5580
Curramulka came under the care of the SYP missioners in 1878 and Reverend W F Marshall, who lived at Edithburgh visited the area on several occasion's. These and other services were conducted in the school, the institute or peoples homes. In 1910 Mr Talbot donated land for a church, and by 1914 the church was built. It was dedicated for…
Forrest, ACT - St Christopher's Catholic Cathedral
Address: Franklin Street, , Forrest Australian Capital Territory, 2603
The Cathedral is a Romanesque style building made of brick. The Romanesque wall arches and window jambs are all formed of cream, rounded moulded bricks, as are the door architraves. Its south-east front is symmetrical, dominated by a large rose window above a decorative arched entrance in synthetic stone. Large recessed wall arches in…
Mount Compass, SA - St Christopher's Anglican
Year Built: 1961
Address: Clyde Terrace Street, , Mount Compass South Australia, 5210
The Foundation stone was laid on 29 January 1961 by the Archdeacon of Strathalbyn Venerable J.J. Bond TH. L.
Weethalle, NSW - St Christopher's Anglican
Year Built: 1954
Address: Mid West Highway, , Weethalle New South Wales, 2669
The Foundation stone was laid on 25 July 1954 by the Bishop of Riverina.