Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Allora, QLD - St David's Anglican
Year Built: 1887
Address: New England Highway, , Allora Queensland, 4362
St. David's Church, Allora is a timber, Gothic Revival style church prominently located at the end of the main thoroughfare of the town, was constructed in 1887-88 to the design of leading Queensland colonial architect F.D.G Stanley. This building is the second church to be built on the site, which also contains a rectory designed by…
Applecross, WA - St David's Anglican
Year Built: 1957
Address: 54 Simpson Street, , Applecross Western Australia, 6153
The Foundation Stone was laid on 12 May 1957 by his Grace the Archbishop of Perth The Most Reverend R.W.H. Moline MC DD.
Borden, WA - St David's Anglican
Year Built: 1959
Address: Chester Pass Road, , Borden Western Australia, 6338
The Foundation stone was laid in the presence of the Bishop of the Diocese by Mrs Mavis Milne on 15 May 1959. Rector OA Wall??
Burnside, SA - St David's Uniting
Address: 492 Glynburn Road, , Burnside South Australia, 5066
A foundation stone was laid on 9 September 1962 by the Bishop of Adelaide C.W. Muceke.
Canterbury, VIC - St David's Habitat Uniting
Address: 3 Mont Albert Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126
Cooee, TAS - St David's Anglican (Former)
Address: 7 Poke Street, , Cooee Tasmania, 7320
In 1931 the Anglican Church was offered £4000 by Mrs Anna Maria Boston of Cooee to build a church in memory of her daughter Alice. A Foundation stone reads, "To the greater glory of God and in memory of Alice Boston this church was erected by her mother Mrs A.M. Boston. The Foundation stone being unveiled by Archdeacon Atkinson B.A.…
Coopers Plains, QLD - St David's Uniting
Address: 68 Orang Grove Road, , Coopers Plains Queensland, 4108
A plaque reads, " St David's Church The Moorooka, Salisbury and Coopers Plains Congregational Church, The Coopers Plains Methodist Church and The Salisbury Presbyterian Church having already joined as a parish, came together in this dedicated place for worship, witness and work among the people of this area. 22nd March 1975".
Cowper, NSW - St David's Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1900
Address: Clarence Street, , Cowper New South Wales, 2460
The Church was opened by the Moderator the Rev John Clark McDonald. It was later relocated to its current site due to a road re alignment. A stone tablet on the fence reads, "This fence was dedicated 4th May 1947 as a memorial to C Napper Esq, W Connor Esq F C Blanch Esq, W P Thompson Esq The committee who built The Presbyterian Church…
Doncaster East, VIC - St David's Anglican
Address: 1111 Doncaster Road, , Doncaster East Victoria, 3109
Dunedoo, NSW - St David's Presbyterian
Address: Cobborah Street, , Dunedoo New South Wales, 2844
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Rev. G. Nelson Bensley 1st December 1923".
Freshwater Creek, VIC - St David's Lutheran
Year Built: 1866
Address: 905 Anglesea Road, , Freshwater Creek Victoria, 3217
Designed by R.S. Tutt the church measured 40ft by 20ft in addition to a vestry and porch. Mr W. Crabb was the builder. On 2nd September 1866 the building was dedicated by Pastor Schurmann. The church and grounds have both been classified by the National Trust. A plaque on the church reads, " 1866 St David's Lutheran Church". A plaque…
Garah, NSW - St David's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1929
Address: 1 Benarba Street, , Garah New South Wales, 2405
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Ioan Williams on 5th February 1929".
Hobart, TAS - St David's Anglican Cathedral
Year Built: 1868
Address: Macquarie Street, , Hobart Tasmania, 7000
On 17 January 1862 St David's Cathedral and land on the corner of Murray and Macquarie Streets, Hobart was granted by the Crown to the Trustees of the Diocese of Tasmania. The original church on this site is dated from 1817. The Church was named in memory of Governor David Collins who established Hobart in 1804. It was completed in…
Hobart, TAS - St David's Mission Anglican
Year Built: 1884
Address: 7 Campbell Street, , Hobart Tasmania, 7000
The foundation stone of St. David’s Mission chapel was laid on the 24th of November 1884 by the Bishop of Tasmania, Rev. Dr. Daniel Fox Sandford. The design of the church was entrusted to Mr H Hunter, architect of Macquarie Street who prepared plans for a building to cost £1,500. In basic Gothic style and built of brick with stone…
Holland Park West, QLD - St David's Uniting
Year Built: 19965
Address: 849 Logan Road, , Holland Park West Queensland, 4121
A Foundation stone reads, " This Church was dedicated to the Glory of God by the Moderator of the Presbytery of Mowbray Rev E. Ballinger and Occasional address by Mr R.S. Byrnes BA MBA on the 27th June 1965. Minister Rev M.C. Maynes BA".
Kyabram, VIC - St David's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1906
Address: Church Street, , Kyabram Victoria, 3620
The Church was named St Davids in recognition of David Stewart Menzies, the patriarch of Kyabram Presbyterianism. * The Reverend W Thomson of Mooroopna started Presbyterian services in the Kyabram district in 1877 and continued until 1884. Services started in the Taripta School and then later in the home of Mr D.S. Menzies. One acre…
Latrobe, TAS - St David's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1879
Address: 7 Hamilton Street, , Latrobe Tasmania, 7307
Churches in circuit covered by the Latrobe Minister were Latrobe, Sassafras, Harford, Melrose, Aberdeen & Greenbanks. First Mission was held in Latrobe Circuit in 1910 by Rev. V. Trigge. The Church is built of brick, with freestone facings and a slate roof, after a design by William Gadsby, and has seating for 200 people. The Foundation…
Merriwa, NSW - St David's Uniting
Address: 48 Vennacher Street, , Merriwa New South Wales, 2329
Milloo, VIC - St David's Anglican
Address: Milloo Hall Road, , Milloo Victoria, 3572
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God St David's Church Milloo Rebuilt 1919 as a memorial to those who served the Empire in the Great War 1914 - 1918". The Church is now in private hands.
Moorabbin, VIC - St David's Anglican
Address: 4 Redholme Street, , Moorabbin Victoria, 3189
Newtown, VIC - St David's Uniting
Year Built: 1914
Address: 44 Aphrasia Street, , Newtown Victoria, 3220
The Foundation stone was laid on 28 February 1914 by Reverand Arthur Davidson. The church was founded in 1851. The church hall was erected in 1916 and the foundation stone was laid by Reverand C. Neville. In 1914, the congregation moved to the present building in what then was a new suburb.
Port Arthur, TAS - St David's Anglican
Address: Church Street, , Port Arthur Tasmania, 7182
Rye, VIC - St David's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1969
Address: Lyons Street, , Rye Victoria, 3941
Early services were held in the original hall, church and school and may have commenced as early as 1870.* Construction of the first church was commenced in 1904 and built by Mr William Joseph Croad. The first service on the current site was held in 1901. A wooden church was built in 1904 and replaced by the current one in 1969.*…
Shepparton, VIC - St David's Uniting
Address: 3 Gloucester Street, , Shepparton Victoria, 3630
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God St David's Kindergarten opened on 31st July 1960. St David's Hall opened on 17th August 1963".
St George, QLD - St David's Presbyterian
Address: 45 Grey Street, , St George Queensland, 4487
Tea Tree Gully, SA - St David's Catholic
Address: 2 Vizard Road, , Tea Tree Gully South Australia, 5091
Toowoomba, QLD - St David's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1949
Address: Corner Mary & Alford Street, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350
The Foundation stone was laid on 12 November 1949 by the Right Reverend W.F. McKenzie.