Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: New South Wales, Denomination: Anglican
Aberdeen, NSW - St Mark's Anglican
Address: Moray Street, , Aberdeen New South Wales, 2336
The Churches centenary was held in 2013.
Albury, NSW - St Matthew's Anglican
Year Built: 1859
Address: 4518 Kiewa Street, , Albury New South Wales,
The Albury Anglican Parish was established in February 1850 and by 1851 the first rector Henry Elliott had arrived. By 1856 a plan by Sydney architect Edmund Blacket was accepted and work began in 1857. The first portion: nave, south porch and tower base, was opened on March 13 1859. The external walls were of local Monument Hill…
Annandale, NSW - St Aidan's Anglican
Year Built: 1892
Address: 120 Johnston Street, , Annandale New South Wales, 2038
A commitment on 2 October 1891 was made to purchase as block of land at the corner of Booth and Johnston Streets for a price of £9 per square foot. A quote was accepted from Archibald Graham. The Foundation stone was to be laid 18 June 1892 however this was delayed due to building delays and a mistake by the builder who said he made a…
Armidale, NSW - St Peter's Anglican
Year Built: 1871
Address: 122 Rusden Street, , Armidale New South Wales, 2350
The original St Peter's Church, a timber building, was opened in 1850 near the site of the present cathedral. The foundation stone for the cathedral, designed by Canadian Architect, J. Horbury Hunt, was laid in 1873. Hunt's original concept and alternative design, both stone and in the Anglo-French style, were largely in keeping with…
Baldry, NSW - All Saints Anglican
Address: Renshaw McGivor Highway, , Baldry New South Wales,
Ballina, NSW - St Mary's Anglican
Address: 38 Norton Street, , Ballina New South Wales, 2478
The Church was built in the late 1990s.
Balmain, NSW - St Mary's Anglican
Year Built: 1848
Address: 85 Darling Street East, , Balmain New South Wales, 2041
The first settlements in Balmain took place around 1840 in the viciinity of Peacocks Point. The first Anglican services at Balmain were conducted by the Rev Frederick Wilkinson, MA, in 1841, in a small slab and bark building at Waterview Bay, in the vicinity of Mort's Dock. It was soon realized that Waterview Bay was too remote from…
Bangalow, NSW - All Soul's Anglican
Year Built: 1928
Address: 1 Ashton Street, , Bangalow New South Wales, 2479
The Church was built in 1928.
Barham, NSW - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1956
Address: 27 Niemur Street, , Barham New South Wales, 2732
A Foundation stone reads, " AMDG This Foundation stone of St John the Evangelist was laid by the Right Reverend the Bishop of Riverena 11th March 1956". A wall plaque reads, " In Memory of their ministry in this Parish Canon Julius Courteen Stonehouse 1953 - 1985, Archdeacon David Richard Bond 1996 - 2016, Well done good & faithfull…
Bathurst, NSW - All Saint's Anglican
Address: 3 Church Street, , Bathurst New South Wales, 2795
The cathedral building was originally designed by Edmund Blacket in 1845 as a parish church, but became a cathedral in 1870 with the creation of the Diocese of Bathurst. An organ was installed in 1886 and bells were hung in 1855. In the 1890s, however, the bell tower was found to be unstable, so the bells could not be "rung full circle"…
Bega, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican
Year Built: 1878
Address: 12 Church Street, , Bega New South Wales, 2550
The first ministrations of the Church on the South Coast, were rendered by the Rev. William George Nott, in 1842, who worked for some months in the "District of Maneroo, beyond the limits of location." When in 1843 the Rev. E. G. Pryce was appointed, his charge comprised the whole of the Monaro and South Coast, and beyond, too, for there…
Ben Lomond, NSW - St Paul's Anglican
Address: 1219 Ben Lomond Road, , Ben Lomond New South Wales, 2365
This Church may have closed.
Bendick Murrell, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican
Year Built: 1906
Address: Main Street, , Bendick Murrell New South Wales, 2803
The church was opened in 1906.
Benemeer, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican (Former)
Address: 83 Caroline Street, , Benemeer New South Wales, 2355
Bermagui, NSW - All Saints Anglican
Address: 11 Wallaga Street, , Bermagui New South Wales, 2546
A plaque reads, " All Saints' Bermagui 1911 - 2011 - A service of thanksgiving held to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the dedication of this church on 8th October 1911. The Rt Rev Trevor Edwards Vicar General of the Diocese of Canberra and Sloane Deacon the Rev Elizabeth Sloane 9th October 2011".
Berrigan, NSW - St Adian's Anglican
Year Built: 1902
Address: Corner Jerilderie Street & Memorial Street, , Berrigan New South Wales, 2712
A wall plaque reads, " This Church was built in 1902 in Jerilderie Street. Across the road is the Vicarage which was built in 1908, and the hall to the rear in the 1950's. The stained glass windows dedicated in 1973, were bequeathed by Nora Heald who was the daughter of Jacob Verso resident priest 1901 - 1920. Nora was the wife of Dr.…
Berrima, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican
Address: Argyle Street, , Berrima New South Wales, 2577
The church itself is in the Early English Gothic Revival style used by Edmund Blacket throughout his career, and is typical of his rural churches. It is built of sandstone quarried from the banks of the Wingecarribee River, and features four equal bays running east–west with a northern porch and southern vestry. The stonework is laid…
Berry, NSW - St Luke's Anglican
Address: 68A Pricess Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535
Bexley, NSW - St George North Anglican
Address: Corner Dunmore & Albyn Streets, , Bexley New South Wales, 2207
Binalong, NSW - St Thomas' Anglican
Year Built: 1886
Address: Stephens Street, , Binalong New South Wales, 2584
One of the earliest references to the Binalong District as part of the parish of Yass is in the report of the Yass Auxiliary of the Church Society for 1869 when Archdeacon Lillingston is reported to have said, that Yass people were too apt to consider that the world lay between Bowning and the Gap. In the 1871 census Binalong is shown as…
Blandford, NSW - St Luke's Anglican (Former)
Year Built: 1880
Address: 90 Salidbury Street, , Blandford New South Wales, 2338
Sold in 2016.
Blayney, NSW - Christ Church Anglican
Year Built: 1870
Address: 88 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799
The Foundation stone was laid in 1870 and the Church was consecrated in 1901.
Boggabilla, NSW - St Alban's Anglican
Address: 113 Merriwa Street, , Boggabilla New South Wales, 2409
Bomaderry, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican
Year Built: 1993
Address: W Birilley Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by Archbishop Donald Robertson AO MA ThD dedicating this building to the Glory of God on Sunday the 31st of January 1993".
Bombala, NSW - St Matthias Anglican
Address: Cardwell Street, , Bombala New South Wales, 2632
The first ministrations of the Church in the area now comprised in the present parish of Bombala were rendered by the Rev. E. G. Pryce, appointed in 1843 to "The District of Maneroo "beyond the limits of location." His registers show an intimate acquaintance with the older settlements (mainly stations) in the Bombala parish. The Boucher…
Boorowa, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican
Year Built: 1861
Address: 38 Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586
The Church was established in 1861. Plaque inside gate reads, In Memory of the Soldier Sons of the Church in the Parish, Who gave their lives in The Great War 1914-1918. Their names are inscribed on the Lamp of Remembrance, given by their Comrades.
Bowning, NSW - St James Anglican
Address: 100 Bowning Road, , Bowning New South Wales, 2582
Bowral, NSW - St Simon and St Judes Anglican
Address: 38 Bendooley Street, , Bowral New South Wales, 2576
The Architect was Edmund Blacket.
Branxton, NSW - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1879
Address: 45 Cessnock Road, , Branxton New South Wales, 2335
Bulahdelah, NSW - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1912
Address: 59 Stroud St, , Bulahdelah New South Wales, 2423
The first place of worship in Bulaheldah was the Church of England School building under the umbrella of the Parish of Stroud. The Church was built in 1912
Bungendore, NSW - St Philip's Anglican
Year Built: 1864
Address: Gibraltar Street, , Bungendore New South Wales, 2621
The Church was erected in 1864 and is of the Victorian Free Gothic style. The walls are constructed of rock faced ashlar and the jointing is of fine pointing. The steep pitched timber frame gable roof is clad with asbestos shingles. Walls feature high pointed Gothic windows which are complimented by arched sandstone block work to window…
Byron Bay, NSW - St Paul's Anglican
Address: 14 Kingsley Street, , Byron Bay New South Wales, 2481
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Greater Glory of God This Foundation stone of the Church of Saint Paul was laid by Rt Rev K.. Clements BA DD Bishop of Grafton on Tuesday May 23rd1961. Canon F.G. Alexander Rector.
Campsie, NSW - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1911
Address: Anzac Square, , Campsie New South Wales, 2194
The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend John Charles Wright D.D. Archbishop of Sydney on 22 April 1911.
Candelo, NSW - St Peter's Anglican
Address: 10 William Street, , Candelo New South Wales, 2550
A Foundation stone reads, " AD DEI Gloriam - This stone was laid by Christopher George Lord Bishop of Goulburn on Wednesday 14 November 1906 - Frederick W.E. Wilkinson Acting Rector". A plaque reads, " Thanks be to God - In commemoration of the Centenary of the laying of the foundation stone at St Peter's Candelo by Bishop George…
Canowindra, NSW - All Saints Anglican
Address: Lola Street, , Canowindra New South Wales, 2804
The church tower was a gift of Emma Robinson on the death of Hilton Robinson.
Canterbury, NSW - St Paul's Anglican
Year Built: 1858
Address: Church Street, , Canterbury New South Wales, 2193
Built on part of Robert Campbell's Canterbury estate on land donated by his daughter Sophia Ives Campbell. The Church was designed by Edmund Blacket. Built from local sandstone it was completed between 1858 and 1859 and consecrated on 12 April 1860. Of Gothic Revival Church style with steeply pitched roof which was originally covered…
Carcoar, NSW - St Paul's Anglican
Address: Collins Street, , Carcoar New South Wales, 2791
The Foundation stone was laid in 1846 and consecrated in 1849. The Architect was Edmund Blacket. The Church was purchased by the local community in 2021.