Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

State: New South Wales, Denomination: Anglican


Castle Hill, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Castle Hill, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 421 Old Northern Road, , Castle Hill New South Wales, 2154

Read More

Cathcart, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Cathcart, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: Scott Street, , Cathcart New South Wales, 2632

The Church was built in 1907 by Mr William Gauson for £150. A plaque on the Church wall reads, " A.M.D.G. This plaque was unveiled by Canon Peter Bertram to commemorate the Centenary of the establishment of St Paul's Church on the 29 October 1907. Revd Pauline Dare Priest in Charge 14 October 2007".

Read More

Chatswood, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Chatswood, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 1 - 5 View Street, , Chatswood New South Wales, 2067

A Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God this stone commemorates the dedication of this Church by The Most Rev H.W.K. Mowll CMG DD Archbishop of Sydney and Primate of Australia on 5th November 1955 Church Wardens L.G. de Dear, W. Hood, A.S. Kendell Rector J. Mills Thl Architect R Lindsay Little FRAIA Builders Girvan Bros Pty Ltd".

Read More

Chester Hill. NSW - Anglican

Chester Hill. NSW - Anglican

Address: 125 Proctor Parade, , Chester Hill New South Wales, 2162

Read More

Clovelly, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Clovelly, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Address: Corner Arden & Varna Streets, , Clovelly New South Wales, 2031

Read More

Cobargo, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Cobargo, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1923

Address: 5 Hoyer Street, , Cabargo New South Wales, 2550

A Foundation stone reads, " Christ Church This Foundation stone was laid 3rd March 1923 by Ven Archdeacon Dore Bryant B.D. G.E. Morris Rector. R.W. Thatcher Architect".

Read More

Coffs Harbour, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican

Coffs Harbour, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican

Year Built: 1972

Address: 2 McLean Street, , Coffs Harbour New South Wales, 2450

Land at McLean Street allowed minimum development of a new church and the planned vicarage it seems that the new St John's had been built alongside the little St. John's to allow continuity of services. Diocesan records show that St. John's was built on Lots 1-30 which allowed for a vicarage. The architect/designer's name was Grant. The…

Read More

Coleambally, NSW - St Mark the Evangelist Anglican

Coleambally, NSW - St Mark the Evangelist Anglican

Year Built: 1969

Address: Kookaburra Street, , Coleambally New South Wales, 2707

The church was opened on 25 April 1969 by the Bishop of Riverina.

Read More

Collector, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Collector, NSW - All Saints' Anglican

Year Built: 1859

Address: Bourke Street, , Collector New South Wales, 2581

Read More

Collie, NSW - Anglican (Former)

Collie, NSW - Anglican (Former)

Address: Coonamble Street, , Collie New South Wales, 2827

Now a private dwelling.

Read More

Colo Vale, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Colo Vale, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 45 Church Avenue, , Colo Vale New South Wales, 2575

Read More

Concord, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Concord, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Address: 17 Burton Street, , Concord New South Wales, 2137

Read More

Coogee, NSW - St Nicolas' Anglican

Coogee, NSW - St Nicolas' Anglican

Year Built: 1906

Address: 123 Brook Street, , Coogee New South Wales,

The Foundation stone was laid by the Bishop of Sydney Bishop Alfred Barry D.D. on 18 December 1886. The following year St. Nicolas Anglican was consecrated. In 1905 the church building was almost completed destroyed by fire. The Church was re built along similar lines as the original church and reopened in 1906. Between 1917 and 1944,…

Read More

Coogee, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Coogee, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 5 Gregory Street, , South Coogee New South Wales, 2034

Read More

Cook, ACT - Holy Covenant Anglican

Cook, ACT - Holy Covenant Anglican

Address: 89 Dexter Street, , Cook New South Wales,

Read More

Coolah, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Coolah, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Address: 17 Binnia Street, , Coolah New South Wales, 2843

The Parish of Coolah was formed in 1890 to serve the areas of Binnaway, Birriwa, Cobbora, Coolah, Denison Town, Dunedoo, Elong Elong, Leadville, Mendooran, Merrygoen, Rosebank, Turce, and Uarbry, and in 1896 it was transferred form the Diocese of Newcastle to the Diocese of Bathurst.

Read More

Coolamon, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Coolamon, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1905

Address: Corner Mirool & Wade Streets, , Coolamon New South Wales, 2701

In the Cootamundra Herald 20th December 1905 it reads, "On Sunday last him Lordship the Bishop of Riverina conduced the ceremony of the consecration of St Andrew's Church of England, Coolamon. The ceremony was of a most impressive nature, and was an exemplification of tho most beautiful feature of the Anglican religion. Following the…

Read More

Cooma, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Cooma, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1872

Address: 136 Commissioner Street, , Cooma New South Wales, 2630

The Church was completed in 1872, the nave being consecrated by Bishop Thomas, the first Bishop of Goulburn, during the incumbency of the Ven. Archdeacon Druitt. Until 1891 the nave had no tower, - but on October 21st in that year, the last stone of the spire was laid by Mr. C. F. Welch, then Mayor of Cooma. Completion took place in 1892.…

Read More

Cootamundra, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Cootamundra, NSW - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1972

Address: Bourke Street, , Cootamundra New South Wales, 2590

The first Church was of sawn slabs. This was pulled down and re-erected as a Mission Church at South Cootamundra, whilst a further Church was built of galvanised iron and was put up and served as a Church. This still exists as an adjunct to the parish hail. The second Church was built in 1877, dedicated on 12/7/1878 and consecrated by…

Read More

Copmanhurst, NSW - Church of the Holy Apostles Anglican

Copmanhurst, NSW - Church of the Holy Apostles Anglican

Year Built: 1915

Address: 26 Sussex Street, , Copmanhurst New South Wales, 2460

The first Anglican church was built in Copmanhurst in 1871, and like the first school, it was situated to the west of the village reserve at what is now known as Upper Copmanhurst. In 1915 it was replaced by the present Church of the Holy Apostles in Copmanhurst village.

Read More

Coramba, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Coramba, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Address: 15 Dorrigo Street, , Coramba New South Wales, 2450

St Paul's Anglican church is on the block of land donated by William Gale. Foundations and timber for the church were supplied by Andrew Morton and the iron for the roof by Dan Baker. The foundation block of St. Paul's, Coramba was laid on 28th April 1898. During a ten day tour on horseback of this part of the Diocese of Grafton &…

Read More

Corowa, NSW - St John's Anglican

Corowa, NSW - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1883

Address: Federation Avenue, , Corowa New South Wales, 2646

The Church was built at Corowa on land donated by John Foord. The Church was opened in November 1883. The architects were Gordon and Gordon, of Albury and Corowa. Constructed in red brick, the building is designed in a Gothic style.

Read More

Corrimal, NSW - St Michael's Anglican

Corrimal, NSW - St Michael's Anglican

Address: 121 Princes Highway, , Corrimal New South Wales, 2518

A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. 11th Jan 1896 This Foundation stone was re set by The Rt Rev G.R.Delbridge Bishop of Wollongong on 16th August 1969 Rector The Rev R.W. McDonald".

Read More

Cowra, NSW - St John's Anglican

Cowra, NSW - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1955

Address: 98 Kendall Street, , Cowra New South Wales, 2794

The foundation stone was laid on 29 October 1955 by his Excellency the Governor of NSW Lieutenant General Sir John Northcott KC MC.

Read More

Cranbrook, NSW - Anglican

Cranbrook, NSW - Anglican

Address: 29 Callisto Drive, , Cranbrook New South Wales, 2749

Read More

Cremorne, NSW - St Peter's Anglican

Cremorne, NSW - St Peter's Anglican

Year Built: 1909

Address: 29 Waters Road, , Cremorne New South Wales, 2090

Initially the Church was an off-shoot from St Augustine's, Neutral Bay. A brick Church built in 1909 with steep pitched terracotta tiled gable roof, stone sills, imposts and keystones to pointed arch windows and stone copings to buttresses. Other features include a large circular window and a good bar tracery to the large pointed arch…

Read More

Cronulla, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Cronulla, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1934

Address: Cnr Kingsway & St. Andrew’s Place, , Cronulla New South Wales, 2230

The present St. Andrew’s Church goes back to the depression days. Nathaniel George Bull bequeathed about 2,500 pounds in 1911 for the building of a church in Cronulla. This was finally realised 23 years later at a cost of 5000 pounds. The foundation stone was laid in December 1934 and the opening of the new church took place on 3 July…

Read More

Crookwell, NSW - St Bartholomew's Anglican

Crookwell, NSW - St Bartholomew's Anglican

Year Built: 1969

Address: 17 Denison Street, , Crookwell New South Wales, 2583

A Foundation stone reads, " St Bartholomew's Parish Church A.M.D.G. This stone was set by The Right Rev K.J. Clements Bishop of Canberra & Goulburn 16th February 1969. Rev D.K. Turnbull Rector.

Read More

Croydon, NSW - St James Anglican

Croydon, NSW - St James Anglican

Year Built: 1883

Address: 2 Highbury Street, , Croydon New South Wales, 2132

The Church was designed by Edmund Blacket and opened in 1883 – the building was originally intended to be used as a school and temporary church, but the arrangement became permanent and in 1891 the building was extended with the additions of a transept and chancel. The other heritage building on our site, known as ‘Wynola’, was…

Read More

Cudal, NSW - St James Anglican

Cudal, NSW - St James Anglican

Address: 5 Wall Street, , Cudal New South Wales, 2864

A Foundation stone on the Church Hall reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was laid by Emily Lance Smith of Boree 28th October A.D. 1903".

Read More

Culcairn, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Culcairn, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1914

Address: Corner Balfour & Fraser Streets, , Culcairn New South Wales, 2660

The Foundation stone was laid by the right Reverend E.A. Anderson D.D. Bishop of the Riverina on 27 September 1914.

Read More

Darling Point, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Darling Point, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Year Built: 1852

Address: 57A Darling Point Road, , Darling Point New South Wales, 2027

Built of Pyrmont sandstone in the Gothic Revival style with a shingle roof, the church has a spire, porch, gallery and vestries. It was designed by Architect Edmund Blacket on land donated by T.S. Mort. The spire was added in 1875 and donated by William Laidley. St Mark's was opened for Divine Service on November 7, 1852.

Read More

Darlington Point, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Darlington Point, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1923

Address: Carrington Street, , Darlington Point New South Wales, 2027

The Foundation stone was laid on 15 August 1923 by Ernest Augustus Anderson Bishop of Riverena.

Read More

Dee Why, NSW - St John's Anglican

Dee Why, NSW - St John's Anglican

Address: 87 Oaks Avenue, , Dee Why New South Wales, 2099

Read More

Delegate, NSW - St Philip's Anglican

Delegate, NSW - St Philip's Anglican

Address: Topping Street, , Delegate New South Wales, 2633

The first Church was built on Miss Campbell's property in 1855.

Read More

Denman, NSW - St Matthias Anglican

Denman, NSW - St Matthias Anglican

Year Built: 1875

Address: 50 Palace Street, , Denman New South Wales, 2328

The name Denman was gazetted in 1855, named after Lord Denman, who was later to become the 5th Governor General of Australia in 1911-1914. Lieutenant William Ogilvie was the first European settler in 1825. The first settlement was known as Merton which was located on the opposite side of the Hunter River to the present-day Denman and was…

Read More

Denman, NSW - St Matthias Anglican

Denman, NSW - St Matthias Anglican

Year Built: 1875

Address: 50 Palace Street, , Denman New South Wales, 2328

A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This Centenary stone was blessed on 2-11-1975 by Ian Ninth Bishop of Newcastle to commemorate the consecration of this Church 4-11-1875 and the formation of the Parish of Denman 1-1-1876 J.H. West Th L Rector".

Read More

Doonside, NSW - St John's Anglican

Doonside, NSW - St John's Anglican

Address: 17A Cameron Street, , Doonside New South Wales, 2767

Read More

Dubbo, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican

Dubbo, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican

Address: 158 Brisbane Street, , Dubbo New South Wales, 2830

The church was designed by Edmund Blacket, the builder of the church was W. Moffit at a cost of £ 3,500 and the stone used in the construction was quarried near the Macquarie River in West Dubbo. The building took 12 months to complete. The shape of the Church is cruciform. In 1859, the first Church and parsonage was built by Adam…

Read More

Dulwich Hill, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican

Dulwich Hill, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican

Year Built: 1886

Address: Corner Herbert & Seaview Streets, , Dulwich Hill New South Wales, 2203

A timber hall on the site of the present church where services where held (this hall was then divided up, part of which is now the Jennifer Russell Hall standing behind the Holy Trinity, 1886 church building. The first Holy Trinity Anglican Church was on the opposite side of the present day church and was dedicated by Bishop Barry on…

Read More