Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: New South Wales, Denomination: Uniting
Albury North, NSW - Trinity Uniting
Year Built: 1958
Address: 1052 Mate Street, , Albury North New South Wales, 2640
The Foundation stone was laid August 9 1958 by Rev E A Bennett and opened November 29 by Rev E H Wood.
Arding, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1883
Address: Hawthorne Drive, , Arding New South Wales, 2358
Armidale, NSW - Uniting
Address: 114 Rusden Street, , Armidale New South Wales, 2350
The original church was built in 1864 and is the oldest surviving Church building in Armidale. The Architect was Mr Thomas Rowe. It is now Wesley Hall. A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Rev W.H. Beale November 30 1892". A plaque reads, " This plaque was unveiled on 14th February 1988 to commemorate the restoration of the…
Ballina, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1920
Address: 54 Cherry treet, , Ballina New South Wales, 2478
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by W.J. Towner Esq 14.2.1920"
Bega, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1869
Address: 125 Gipps Street, , Bega New South Wales, 2550
Formerly a Wesleyan Methodist Church. The present brick church in Bega was opened in 1924. The foundation stone was laid on July 8th. At the ceremony were Mrs. Boardman and Mrs. Rogers who were present at the laying of the foundation stone of the original church in 1868. Mrs. Emma Rogers, wife of one of the original trustees, laid the…
Benemeer, NSW - Uniting Hope Chapel
Year Built: 1867
Address: 137 Caroline Street, , Benemeer New South Wales, 2355
Berrigan, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1952
Address: Corner Chanter & Drummond Streets, , Berrigan New South Wales, 2712
The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend F.H. Rayward O.B.E D.D. President of the NSW Conference on 15 November 1952.
Berry, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1932
Address: 71 Albert Street, , Berry New South Wales, 2535
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was set by Rev W. Green 30.6.32 - G. Gillam Secretary Treasurer".
Bexley, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1925
Address: 25 Gladstone Street, , Bexley New South Wales, 2207
There are two foundation stones laid at the Church. One was by Reverend H Wheen on 3 October 1925 and the second by T. A Johnston Esq also on 3 October 1925.
Blayney, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1886
Address: 92 Adelaide Street, , Blayney New South Wales, 2799
The current church was built from 1885 to 1886 at a cost of approximately £1,144 by Bathurst contractor James Atkins. The church, designed in the Victorian Carpenter Gothic style by architect James Hine, opened on 5 September 1886. It was renovated c. 1940. The second Methodist church, now the church hall and Sunday school, was a brick…
Bombala, NSW - Uniting (Former)
Address: 59 Maybe Street, , Bombala New South Wales, 2632
A Closure Service was held at the Church in 2018.
Boorowa, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1869
Address: Farm Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586
Formerly a Wesleyan Methodist Church. The Church was given the name "The Little Brick Church" when the Wesleyan Church was built in in 1869. The church was built by James Preston at a cost of £320 with an extra £10 for plastering.
Bowral, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1925
Address: Bendooley Street, , Bowral New South Wales, 2576
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Mrs E. Boardman 29th August 1925". A further Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Mrs A. Morris Yates 29th August 1925".
Bronte, NSW - Lugar Brae Uniting
Address: Corner Lugar Brae Avenue & Leichhardt Streets, , Bronte New South Wales, 2024
Formerly a Methodist church.
Brushgrove, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1900
Address: 9 Woodford Street, , Brushgrove New South Wales, 2460
Burringbar, NSW - Uniting
Address: 6086 Tweed Valley Way, , Burringbar New South Wales, 2483
Canowindra, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1969
Address: 42 Blachford Street, , Conowindra New South Wales, 2804
A Memorial plaque reads, " Canowindra Methodist Peace Memorial Church - This Church was Officially opened and dedicated to the Glory of God on October 5th 1969.
Coffs Harbour, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1970
Address: Cnr Gordon & Vernon Streets, , Coffs Harbour New South Wales, 2450
An article in The Methodist, Saturday, 10 April, 1915 reads, " NEW CHURCH AT COFFS HARBOUR Mr. A. J. Cutler, Home Missionary at Coffs Harbour, writes: The new church now in course of erection and of which a photograph is herewith supplied is Methodism's answer to those letters which appeared in Sydney at the beginning of last year,…
Coleambally, NSW - Uniting
Address: Kingfisher Avenue, , Coleambally New South Wales, 2707
Collector, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1865
Address: 22 Bourke Street, , Collector New South Wales, 2581
The Church was built in 1865.
Coolamon, NSW - St Peter's Uniting
Year Built: 1957
Address: 35 Loughnan Street, , Coolamon New South Wales, 2701
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Colin S Dyce 23rd October 1957.
Coolamon, NSW - Uniting (Former)
Address: Corner Loughnan & Mirrool Streets, , Coolamon New South Wales, 2701
Appears to be a private house.
Cooma, NSW - St Andrew's Uniting
Year Built: 1880
Address: 61 Soho Street, , Cooma New South Wales, 2630
The Church was opened in 1882 as a Presbyterian Church. The west wall includes a beautiful stained glass window, and other features include a timber pulpit, choir, and a 623 pound bell. In 1997 the tower clock was replaced and flood lighting of the stained glass window was fitted. A plaque reads, "To the Glory of God this plaque was…
Cootamundra, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1936
Address: Cooper Street, , Cootamundra New South Wales, 2590
A Foundation stone attached to the current church was laid on 10 June 1936 by John Wilson McClintock. In the 1932 Jubilee Souvenir booklet of the Presbyterian Church, mention was made that the present church building was inadequate for the needs of the growing congregation, and the Board of Management had under review various schemes for…
Corawa, NSW - Calvery Memorial Uniting
Year Built: 1966
Address: 1 Church Street, , Corawa New South Wales, 2646
In 1878, Rev. Presley was appointed to the Circuit and continued services at Howlang, Rutherglen, Corowa, Barnawartha and Chiltern. Services at Corowa shifted to the Oddfellows Hall at the top end of Sanger Street and were supported by local preachers Messers Trewran, Fraser, Taylor, Thompson, Dr. Whitaker. In April 1879, Rev.J.Leslie was…
Cowra, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1889
Address: Kendal Street, , Cowra New South Wales, 2794
The town allotments were surveyed in 1854 and the first land sales were held later in that year. Property for churches was reserved - the site for the Wesleyan Church was on the south east corner of Kendal and Darling Streets, and the site for the Minister's Residence on the corner of Darling Street and Bartlett Lane. It was not until…
Cowra, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1887
Address: Grenfell Road, , Cowra New South Wales, 2794
Formerly a Methodist church it was erected at Brundah Creek in 1887 and moved to its current site in 1916. Closed for regular services in 1969 it now forms part of the Uniting Church.
Culcairn, NSW - St Andrew's Uniting
Address: Balfour Street, , Culcairn New South Wales, 2660
Dapto, NSW - Uniting
Year Built: 1958
Address: 122 Princes Highway, , Dapto New South Wales, 2530
A Foundation stone reads, " Unveiled to the Glory of God by Mrs Catherine Livingston 20th September 1958".
Double Bay, NSW - St Columba Uniting
Year Built: 1960
Address: 53 Ocean Street, , Double Bay New South Wales, 2028
The foundation stone was laid by Reverend E Pollard B.A. B.D on 28 August 1960. The Church is now closed.
Dubbo, NSW - St Andrew's Chapel (Former Uniting)
Year Built: 1926
Address: 72 Wingewarra Street, , Dubbo New South Wales, 2830
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Right Revd the Moderator General R. Scott - West D.D. 20th Oct 1926". The Church was sold in 2012. It is now a non-denominational Chapel for funeral and memorial services, after-funeral functions, weddings, and bereavement seminars.