Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

State: New South Wales


Griffith, NSW - Baptist

Griffith, NSW - Baptist

Address: Corner Wakaden & Whitton Streets, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Read More

Griffith, NSW - Presbyterian

Griffith, NSW - Presbyterian

Year Built: 1982

Address: Blumer Road, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

The Foundation stone was laid on 12 June 1982 by The Right Reverend James Mullan Moderator General of the Presbyterian Church.

Read More

Griffith, NSW - Sacred Heart Catholic

Griffith, NSW - Sacred Heart Catholic

Address: Warrambool Street, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

Read More

Griffith, NSW - Salvation Army

Griffith, NSW - Salvation Army

Address: Corner Anzac & Binya Street, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

Read More

Griffith, NSW - St Alban the Martyr Anglican

Griffith, NSW - St Alban the Martyr Anglican

Year Built: 1954

Address: Corner Anzac & Binya Streets, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

The Foundation stone was laid on 2 May 1954 by the Most Reverend H.G. Robinson Bishop of Riverena.

Read More

Griffith, NSW - St Paul's Lutheran

Griffith, NSW - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 47 Sanders Street, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

Read More

Griffith, NSW - Uniting

Griffith, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1957

Address: Beal Street, , Griffith New South Wales, 2680

The Foundation stone was laid on 29 June 1957 by the Right Reverend E.H. Vines.

Read More

Grong Grong, NSW - St Matthew's Anglican

Grong Grong, NSW - St Matthew's Anglican

Year Built: 1911

Address: Corner Barellan & Willandra Streets, , Grong Grong New South Wales, 2652

Constructed of brick the church foundation stone was laid on 20 September 1911 by Mrs Bridaoake.

Read More

Grong Grong, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Grong Grong, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Address: Balaro Street, , Grong Grong New South Wales, 2652

Read More

Gunbar, NSW - Uniting

Gunbar, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1884

Formerly a Presbyterian church, the first church was located just north of its current location however due to swampy water it was later relocated. It was built in 1884. Though nominally Presbyterian, services by Anglican and Methodist ministers were occasionally also held at the church. By 1933 it was decided to build a new church of…

Read More

Gundagai, NSW - Baptist

Gundagai, NSW - Baptist

Address: Otway Street, Gundagai, New South Wales, 2722

Read More

Gundagai, NSW - St John's Anglican

Gundagai, NSW - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1986

Address: Otway Street, , Gundagai New South Wales, 2722

The Foundation stone of the church was laid on 19 September 1861 by Right Reverend Barker Lord Bishop of Sydney. Mr George Hart a local resident designed the church. The Church is built of local slate and the roof was originally battered and shingled and lined inside the raftters with colonial pine". The Church was opened on 5 June…

Read More

Gundagai, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Gundagai, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Year Built: 1885

Address: 121 Sheridan Street, Gundagai, New South Wales, 2722

The original church was built in 1885. Opened in 1885, the church is of neo-gothic style. The architect EC Manfred studied under Edmund Blackett who also designed the Church of England in Tumut, and the St Andrew’s Cathedral, George Street Sydney.

Read More

Gundagai, NSW - Uniting

Gundagai, NSW - Uniting

Address: Otway Street, Gundagai, New South Wales, 2722

Presbyterian services began in Gundagai in 1852 in a hall. A minister was appointed in 1900 and the church erected 1901. Now closed.

Read More

Gundaroo, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Gundaroo, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1881

Address: Corner Harp & Morning Street, , Gundaroo New South Wales, 2620

Established in 1881.

Read More

Gundaroo, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Gundaroo, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Year Built: 1874

Address: Cork Street, , Gundaroo New South Wales, 2620

The Church uses the former Court of Petty Sessions built in 1874.

Read More

Gundaroo, NSW - Uniting

Gundaroo, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1864

Address: Corner Lot & Cork Streets, , Gundaroo New South Wales, 2620

Formerly a Presbyterian Church built in 1864. It is a rough stone structure with external render and a galvanized iron roof.

Read More

Gunning, NSW - St Edmond's Anglican

Gunning, NSW - St Edmond's Anglican

Year Built: 1866

Address: Biala Street, , Gunning New South Wales, 2581

The first Church was built in 1859 and was blown down and replaced by the present Church in 1866, It was consecrated 27/3/1873. It is of stone with a tiled roof. A chancel was added in 1912and a porch later. The Church was thoroughly restored and largely refurbished in 1933. The pulpit and lectern are in memory of members of the Lyell…

Read More

Gunning, NSW - St Francis Xavier Catholic

Gunning, NSW - St Francis Xavier Catholic

Year Built: 1973

Address: 1 Cullavin Street, , Gunning New South Wales, 2581

The first church was erected on this site in 1859. The current church was erected in 1973. The Foundation stone was laid on 9 September 1973 by Archbishop Thomas V Cahill.

Read More

Gunning, NSW - Uniting

Gunning, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1876

Address: Waratah Street, , Gunning New South Wales, 2581

The first Church was erected in 1849 and as was 28ft x 18ft. The next Church was opened in 1876 by A Crundwell. The first Parsonage was erected in 1853 having only 2 rooms. The second Parsonage was purchased in Waratah in 1868.

Read More

Hanwood, NSW - St Anthony Catholic

Hanwood, NSW - St Anthony Catholic

Year Built: 1972

Address: Ash Street, , Hanwood New South Wales, 2680

The Foundation stone was laid on 3 December 1972 by the Most Reverend F.P. Carroll D.D Bishop of Wagga Wagga.

Read More

Harden, NSW - Ross Memorial Uniting

Harden, NSW - Ross Memorial Uniting

Year Built: 1915

Address: Derby Street, , Harden New South Wales, 2587

Formerly a Presbyterian church it was erected by Mr and Mrs William E. Ross as a gift and in memory of their parent. The Church was opened on 15 December 1915 by the Right Reverend R. Scott West State Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Australia.

Read More

Harden, NSW - St Anthony's Catholic

Harden, NSW - St Anthony's Catholic

Year Built: 1934

Address: Albury Street, , Harden New South Wales, 2587

The Foundation stone was laid on 17 June 1934 by the Bishop of Goulburn the Most Reverend John Barry D.D.

Read More

Henty, NSW - St Barnabas Anglican

Henty, NSW - St Barnabas Anglican

Year Built: 1917

Address: Corner Ivor & Day Streets, , Henty New South Wales, 2658

The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend E.A Anderson D.D. Bishop of the Riverina on 14 February 1917.

Read More

Henty, NSW - St John's Presbyterian

Henty, NSW - St John's Presbyterian

Year Built: 1935

Address: Corner Ivor & Hay's Streets, , Henty New South Wales, 2658

The Foundation stone was laid by H.W. Taylor Esq on 5 June 1935.

Read More

Henty, NSW - St Paul's Lutheran

Henty, NSW - St Paul's Lutheran

Year Built: 1963

Address: Corner Comer & Lyne Street, , Henty New South Wales, 2658

The Foundation stone was laid on 12 May 1963.

Read More

Henty, NSW - Uniting

Henty, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1928

Address: Ivor Street, , Henty New South Wales, 2658

The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend W Brown on 28 March 1928.

Read More

Holbrook, NSW - Knox Uniting

Holbrook, NSW - Knox Uniting

Year Built: 1901

Address: Corner Hume Highway & Hume Street, , Holbrook New South Wales, 2644

Until the year 1870, there had been no religious services held in the district of Germanton (later Holbrook). The population had increased during the two or three years previously, and a desire for religious services was expressed. The Rev. Alex Robb, who at this time was the Minister of the Presbyterian Church at Albury, arranged to…

Read More

Holbrook, NSW - Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic

Holbrook, NSW - Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic

Address: Hume Highway, , Holbrook New South Wales, 2644

Additions to the church was made in 1955 and blessed by the Most Rev F.A. Hanschke on 18 December.

Read More

Holbrook, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Holbrook, NSW - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1887

Address: Young Street, , Holbrook New South Wales, 2644

Original built in 1887 the church was opened in 1887. A Sanctuary was added in 1967. Other alterations took place in 1958 and 1964. The Rev. Julius Scott took charge early in 1884, and appears to have been the first occupant of the Parsonage. He must have been a capable man and of strong personality, for it was he who had largely…

Read More

Hurlstone Park, NSW - Baptist Vietnamese

Hurlstone Park, NSW - Baptist Vietnamese

Address: Griffith Street, , Hurlstone Park New South Wales, 2193

Mrs Annie White donated the site for the present Church.

Read More

Hurlstone Park, NSW - St Stephenos Greek Orthodox

Hurlstone Park, NSW - St Stephenos Greek Orthodox

Year Built: 1924

Address: 650 New Canterbury Road, , Hurlstone Park New South Wales, 2193

The church building was purchased from the Anglican Church in 1984 and refurbished for Orthodox worship with the financial assistance of the parishioners. The official opening was blessed by His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos on Sunday 9th May 1999. The foundation stone of the original church was laid by Deborah Louise Vickery on 31 May…

Read More

Hurlstone Park, NSW - Uniting

Hurlstone Park, NSW - Uniting

Address: 1 Melford Street, , Hurlstone Park New South Wales, 2193

Read More

Hurstville, NSW - St George's Anglican

Hurstville, NSW - St George's Anglican

Address: 2 The Avenue, , Hurstville New South Wales, 2220

The parish of St Georges Hurstville was originally part of the historic parish of St Peter's Cooks River back in the year 1856. The ceremony of laying rhe foundation stone was performed by the Primate of Australia and the Archbishop of Sydney the Most Reverend Dr Barry DD on 6 April 1889. The old church was demolished in 1888 and a new…

Read More

Hurstville, NSW - St Giles Presbyterian

Hurstville, NSW - St Giles Presbyterian

Year Built: 1904

Address: Corner Park & McMahon Streets, , Hurstville New South Wales, 2220

The first Presbyterian Church in Hurstville was a wooden building built in 1904 in Forest Road. The second Church was built in 1923 and is now the Youth Centre opposite the current Church. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid by his Excellency the Governor of New South Wales Lieut General Sir John Northcott on 5 March…

Read More

Hurstville, NSW - St Michael's Catholic

Hurstville, NSW - St Michael's Catholic

Year Built: 1885

Address: Croydon Road, , Hurstville New South Wales, 2220

On 18 December, 1850, Michael Gannon purchased 1905 acres from the estate of Captain John Townson whose grant of crown land took in the whole of the present suburbs of Hurstville and Carlton reaching almost to Kogarah Bay. Michael Gannon then transferred ownership of two acres to the Most Reverend John Bede Polding on 24 November, 1855…

Read More

Hurstville, NSW Church of Christ

Hurstville, NSW Church of Christ

Address: 31 Macmahon Street, , Hurstville New South Wales, 2220

Thomas Hagger President of the Conference of Christ and David Ewers Home Mission Committee Organising Secretary convened a meeting on Friday evening 30 August in the Hurstville Council Chambers to consider the advisability of organising a Church of Christ in the District. Twenty Two people attended. The Church was opened on 13 October…

Read More

Jerilderie, NSW - St Andrew's Uniting

Jerilderie, NSW - St Andrew's Uniting

Year Built: 1884

Address: West Street, , Jerilderie New South Wales, 2716

The Church was formerly a Presbyterian church. The first Minister catering to the pastoral needs of the Protestant faith in this district was a Presbyterian Minister from Deniliquin, the Reverend Peter Mercer, from 2 December, 1863, to 10 August, 1869, under commission from the Castlemaine Presbytery in Victoria. Reverend Mercer's…

Read More

Jerilderie, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Jerilderie, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1878

Address: Corner Coreen & Kennedy Streets, , Jerilderie New South Wales, 2716

The Church was built in 1878 and opened in 1882. It was enlarge in 1898 and the Sacristy added in 1928. Famous people who attended the church included Michael Abney-Hastings 1P Earl of Loudon (said to be the true King of England) was married in St Joseph's Catholic Church on Saturday March 8, 2008.

Read More

Jerilderie, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican

Jerilderie, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican

Year Built: 1897

Address: Corner Brown & Mahonga Streets, , Jerilderie New South Wales, 2716

The church was dedicated in August 1897 while the Foundation stone was laid by Ernest Augustus Anderson D.D. Bishop of Riverina on 20 December 1897.

Read More