State: Queensland, Denomination: Lutheran
Year Built: 1872
Address: 73 Church Road, , Bethania Queensland, 4205
The church was built in 1872 from locally sourced handmade bricks, timber and shingles. It replaced an earlier slab church built in 1864. The building consists of a rectangular double height nave with square projections at both ends. The gable roofs over the two projecting rooms are lower than the nave roof. At the eastern end is a 1972…
Address: 25 Wickham Terrace, , Brisbane Queensland, 4000
In 1857, the first Lutheran service was held in the city, and this led to the formation of the congregation in 1858. An application in 1859 secured a Crown Grant of land from the colony of New South Wales, prior to the separation of Queensland later in that year. The foundation stone of the second church was laid on the Feast Day of St…
Year Built: 1960
Address: 30 George Street, , Bundaberg Queensland, 4670
Lutheranism in Bundaberg was established in 1873. Lutheran Pastor Carl Hellmuth of Maryborough visited Bundaberg to preach, administer Holy Communion, and baptise - the first formal Lutheran services in Bundaberg. In 1877 monthly services commenced in a shop in Bundaberg and in 1882 Bundaberg's first Lutheran church was built in Tanitha…
Address: 4 Tirroan Road, , Gin Gin Queensland, 4671
On 24th July, 1915 Pastor M.G. Reuther, a legendary figure in the Parish conducted a Lutheran service in the home of Mr. C. Stollznow. Services were continued at Currajong until 1937 when Wallaville became the Lutheran Centre. In April 1928 services were conducted in Gin Gin in the Methodist Church. Church growth gained impetus when…
Address: Haigslea Lawn Cemetery Road, , Haigslea Queensland, 4306
The Church was opened in April 1924 with 300 attending. The Church was dedicated by Pastor C. Gaustadt on 9 July 1873. A manse was erected beside the church in 1874 and a new manse was built in 1895 which was subsequently moved to Marburg in 1904. The church building was destroyed by a cyclone on 17 November 1923. A replacement church…
Year Built: 1960
Address: Corner Nicholas & Roderwick Streets, , Ipswich Queensland, 4305
The first public gathering of Lutherans in the District was held on Reformation day 1858 in the Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. The land on which the church currently stands was granted to the Lutherans on 17 November 1862. A small brick church was erected and dedicated 26 June 1864. The current church was erected in 1960 and dedicated on…
Year Built: 1883
Address: 256 Teviotville Road, , Kalbar Queensland, 4309
Formerly Engelsburg in the Fassifern District. The German settlers who settled in and around Engelsburg at first attended services at Hoya but becuase of the distance and bad roads they organised themselves into a congregation.
Year Built: 1972
Address: 44 Wellington Street, , Mackay Queensland, 4740
A plaque reads, " To the Glory of God St Paul's Lutheran Church Peace Memorial Original Church Peel Street Dedicated 1879 second church this site dedicated 19-6-1898 - This Church dedicated 9-4-1972".
Year Built: 1967
Address: 60 John Street, , Maryborough Queensland, 4650
A plaque reads, " This St Matthews Church together with the Hall unit is erected to mark 100 years in the life of the Lutheran Church, Maryborough established 1867. + November 26th 1967 Pastor F.H. Schimdt President LCA OD Come Lord Jesus Rev 22.20".
Address: 712 Tallegalla Road, , Minden Queensland, 4311
The area was originally known as the Rosewood Scrub, and Minden was named after the German town of the same name. This is a Zion Lutheran Church. The land on which the church stands was transferred to the congregation in 1880, and they built the first church in that year.
Address: 5 Leichhardt Street, , Monto Queensland, 4630
On 16 November 1930 at 11.00am, the first Lutheran Service was conducted in the upstairs room in Patrick's Café, Pastor F. Herb Schmidt officiated. Eleven souls were present at that historic service and the offering was 82/0d. In the Lutheran Home Mission Messenger (hereafter abbreviated LHHM) Dec-Jan 1931, Pastor Schmidt wrote: "On…
Address: 918 Reckumpilla Street, , Mount Alford Queensland, 4310
Established in 1909. The first Lutheran services in Mount Alford were held in the School of Arts by Pastor Christian Wilhelm Seybold. On 23 October 1908, a meeting was held that decided to build a church. Mr Wissemann offered an acre of land. By December 1908, local Lutherans had raised £120 towards a church building. The church was…
Year Built: 1888
Address: Mount Beppo Road, , Mount Beppo Queensland, 4313
The Church is the largest in the community situated about sixety miles from Hatton Vale. It is the second oldest community founded by Apostle H F Niemeyer. The Church was opened on 12 August 1888. It was extended and re-dedicated in 1930.