Year Built: 1910
Address: 28 Ambrose Street, , Laidley Queensland, 4341
According to TROVE in 1888 a parsonage was erected at a cost of £221 along with a bell and tower for £22. A Foundation stone was laid on 15 November 1909 by the Archdeacon of Toowoomba A.R. Rivers. The Church is an example of Gothic architecture and possibly the first church in Australia to be constructed with reinforced cement. The…
Year Built: 1925
Address: 673 Lutwyche Road, , Lutwyche Queensland, 4030
Although St Andrew’s Church at Lutwyche in its present form dates from 1926, an Anglican church has stood on the site at 673 Lutwyche Road since 1866.. The Foundation stone was laid on 29 November 1925 by the Rector E.W. Osborn.
Year Built: 1891
Address: 111 Queen Street, , Marburg Queensland, 4346
The first church was built at the corner of Seminary Road and the Warrego Highway on land donated by Thomas Smith. The successful tender was submitted by Mr Luder. The dedication service took place on 5 July 1891 and was consecrated by the Bishop of Brisbane the Right Reverend William Weber. By 1948 discussions were held to move the…
Address: 712 Tallegalla Road, , Minden Queensland, 4311
The area was originally known as the Rosewood Scrub, and Minden was named after the German town of the same name. This is a Zion Lutheran Church. The land on which the church stands was transferred to the congregation in 1880, and they built the first church in that year.
The first Lutheran service was held on November 16, 1930 at 11am in an upstairs room above Patrick’s Café by Pastor F Herb Schmidt from Nambour. Pastor Schmidt and Pastor M Lohe from Mackay shared monthly services in the town until Pastor Venz made the trips from Nambour from 1934. It was during his pastorate the church was built and…
Address: 918 Reckumpilla Street, , Mount Alford Queensland, 4310
Established in 1909. The first Lutheran services in Mount Alford were held in the School of Arts by Pastor Christian Wilhelm Seybold. On 23 October 1908, a meeting was held that decided to build a church. Mr Wissemann offered an acre of land. By December 1908, local Lutherans had raised £120 towards a church building. The church was…
Year Built: 1888
Address: Mount Beppo Road, , Mount Beppo Queensland, 4313
The Church is the largest in the community situated about sixety miles from Hatton Vale. It is the second oldest community founded by Apostle H F Niemeyer. The Church was opened on 12 August 1888. It was extended and re-dedicated in 1930.
Address: 37 Leichhardt St, , Mundubbera Queensland, 4626
Lutheran Settlers came from Germany in the years between 1907 and 1910, among them a group from the Apolistic Church who were encouraged to emigrate by Apostale H.C. Niemeyer. All settlers came out at a cost of £5 per family. The Lutherans called on Pastor Frank to serve them and establish a congregation in Mundowran. In 1929 the Church…