Address: Corner Cherry & John Streets, , Oakey Queensland, 4401
Formerley a Methodist Church it had its opening ceremony on 25 March 1900. The tea spread to celebrate the opening of the new church needed three sittings each accommodating about 70 people, so that, in order to satisfy the longings of all so the article in http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article185587728 reads. The building was constructed…
Year Built: 1888
Address: 16 Windsor Road, , Red Hill Queensland, 4059
In 1877 the church was formed with just 19 members, pastored by Rev Thomas Leitch. By 1888 the church building was constructed debt-free, on the present Windsor Road site, Its seats 400. The style is Victorian Carpenter Gothic. By 1973 it was considered that the church should close however the persistence e of the 30 members kept it open.…
Year Built: 1881
Address: 572 Rosevale Road, , Rosevale Queensland, 4340
The Church was originally called St Laurentius (1881 - 1928) then St Paul's from 1929 until the present day. It was served from Laidley until 1900, when it realigned with Ipswich Parish. For more information click here.
Address: 170 Nerang Street, , Southport Queensland, 4215
The Church first started by a small group of believers in 1949. After initially meeting in the Bauer Street home of Mr and Mrs Green, within six months, the group had begun meeting in the local Scouts hall, and had named themselves the Southport Baptist Fellowship.
Address: 1 Carey Lane, , Southport Queensland, 4215
The Church is a combination of St John's and St Mathews's on 30 July 1967. An extension to the church was dedicated on 18 September 1977. A foundation stone was laid on 31 July 1949 by Pastor M Lohe President of UELCA QLD District.
Address: 9 Church Road, , The Summit Queensland, 4377
On 20 March 1915, a meeting was held at The Summit Railway Siding, for the purpose of considering the offer of a quarter acre of land on Mr Burnett's property for the purpose of erecting a Methodist Church. The offer was accepted, and a subscription list opened and £36 17 shillings was donated at the meeting. The builder was Mr W.…
Address: Corner Jephson & High Streets, , Toowong Queensland, 4066
The Foundation stone was laid on 17 February 1877 by Mathew Blagden Hale Bishop of Brisbane. The rebuilding of the Bell Tower and repalcement of the cross in 1986 was funded by the Parish with assistance from the Federal Government as a Bicentenial Project. A Diamond Jubilee Service was held on 28 Setptember 1930. The offerings were…
Address: Corner Ruthven & Herries Streets, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350
A small school room was first erected on the site in 1857. In the 1860s, a fund was begun to finance a new and more substantial Church. Land situated near the new railway station was offered by the Honourable James Taylor and it was decided to use this land to erect the new Church, which was dedicated to St James in 1869. In 1894 plans…
Year Built: 1863
Address: 154 James Street, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350
The first Church was erected in 1863 under the guidance of the first Parish Priest, Father Fulgentius Hodebourg. This small wooden Church-school soon became too small for the ever growing congregation and was expanded in 1880, only to be burnt down the day after completion.
Year Built: 1884
Address: 51 Neil Street, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350
The Church was built of local basalt and sandstone and was completed in 1884. A fire in 1989 which resulted in the collapse of the roof, damaging the organ beyond repair. Re-construction was not completed until 1993.
Address: 123 Neil Street, , Toowoomba Queensland, 4350
It was designed by Willoughby Powell and built from 1877 to 1924. In 1901 extensions designed by William Hodgen Jnr were made to the church which completed the building's cruciform plan. The building was the second Wesleyan Methodist Church in Toowoomba and, later, the head church of the Methodist church of the Toowoomba circuit. The…
Year Built: 1870
Address: Corner Guy & Fitzroy Streets, , Warwick Queensland, 4370
A former Presbyterian Church, the Church was first established in 1870. The church building was originally rectilinear in plan and has had a stone entry porch added to the front. It is constructed of load-bearing, rock-faced ashlar sandstone and is divided into six bays separated with buttresses. Lancet arched openings, each housing a…
Year Built: 1848
Address: 76 Grafton Street, , Warwick Queensland, 4370
The first Anglican service in Warwick was held about 1848, and services continued in the temporary accommodation offered by the old Court House in Alice Street until 1858 when a timber church was constructed on the site of the present stone building in Grafton Street. Constructed of stone and consisting originally of chancel and…
Year Built: 1854
Address: 154 Palmerin Street, , Warwick Queensland, 4370
The first Mass was celebrated in Warwick in 1854 - the Town had only been settled in 1840. Fr. McGinty said that Mass in the Horse and Jockey Hotel in 1854 and ministered the Warwick parish from Ipswich until 1862. Gothic Revival church in the decorated style, built of sandstone, with a flanking tower with spire and unfinished…