Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: Victoria, Denomination: Uniting
Alexandra, VIC - St Andrews Uniting
Year Built: 1966
Address: 37 Downey Street, , Alexandra Victoria, 3714
The commemoration stone was laid by the Reverends K.O. Williams and Reverend W.C. Paul on 20 November 1966.
Allansford, VIC - Uniting
Address: Corner Caroline & Frank Streets, , Allansford Victoria, 3277
Anglesea, VIC - Trinity Uniting
Address: 9 Murch Crescent, , Anglesea Victoria, 3230
Formerly a Presbyterian Church. The church was opened January 2 1887.
Ararat West, VIC - Uniting
Address: Corner Banfield & Coad Streets, , Ararat West Victoria, 3377
Ararat, VIC - St Andrews Uniting
Year Built: 1959
Address: Corner King Street & Ararat Pomonal Road, , Ararat Victoria, 3377
Formerly a Presbyterian Church that was first considered at a meeting on 16 June 1858 with Mr Robert Allan, being the first Secretary. On 10 September 1858 the first service was held under the leadership of Dr Cairns.* On 10 February 1859 the Church was opened under the stewardship of Rev William MackIntosh. The debt for the church and…
Armadale, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1881
Address: Corner Kooyong & Clarendon Streets, , Armadale Victoria, 3143
Ascot Vale, VIC Uniting
Address: 60 Maribynong Road, , Ascot Vale Victoria, 3039
The original church was Presbyterian. Competitive designs were invited in 1895 for a church to seat 600 people. 38 designs were received and that of Hillson, Beasley and Little was selected. Tenders were called for the erection of the church in September 1896 without the intended tower. The tender of Angel Bros for 3,067 pounds was…
Auburn, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1880
Address: 81 Oxley Road, Hawthorn, , Auburn Victoria, 3123
Between the 1840s and 1880's the Hawthorn Circuit occupied and subsequently outgrew a number of buildings until in 1886 a new larger, site was selected on the corner of Oxley Road and Hepburn Street. Originally a Wesleyan church the building was constructed in the Lombardic Romanesque style. The architect was Alfred Dunn and the…
Avenel, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1886
Address: Queen Street, , Avenel Victoria, 3664
Originally a Wesleyan Methodist church built in 1886. A meeting of the building commit was held in Mr Vearings Saw Mill on 6 March 1886. It was decided to accept the tender of Mr Shatlock. By May 1886 the rear windows were being installed and anew font door had been order. In the same year Mr Graham bought the old church for £11. Dr…
Avoca, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1854
Address: Corner Russell & Rutherford Street, , Avoca Victoria, 3467
Formerly a Methodist church and constructed in 1854.
Axedale, VIC - St Andrews Uniting
Year Built: 1869
Address: 80 McIvor Highway, , Axedale Victoria, 3551
The Church was opened by in 1869 by Rev J Nish of Sandhurst. The total cost of the building being £309 5s. 8d.
Bacchus Marsh, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Address: Gisborne Road, , Bacchus Marsh Victoria, 3340
Ballan, VIC - St Paul's Uniting
Year Built: 1866
Address: 73 Old Melbourne Road, , Ballan Victoria, 3342
Ballarat Central, VIC - Uniting
Address: Corner Sturt & Dawson Streets, , Ballarat Central Victoria, 3350
The former Wesleyan Church, designed by Terry and Oakden, was constructed between 1883 and 1884 with a sloping floor shaped like an inverted cone.
Ballarat North, VIC - Uniting
Address: Neil Street, Ballarat, Ballarat North Victoria, 3350
Ballarat, VIC - Uniting
Address: Corner of Dana & Lydiard Streets, , Ballarat Victoria, 3350
Formerly a Methodist church the foundation stone was laid December 11 1883 by the Honourable James Campbell M.L.C. A Gothic Revival church, listed on the Victorian Heritage Register, and constructed in 1883-1884 to a design by prominent local architects, Terry and Oakden. The elaborate structure of polychromatic brickwork with…
Balnarring, VIC - Uniting
Address: 10 Balnarring Beach Road, , Balnarring Victoria, 3926
Formerley a Methodist Church. Between 1915 and 1920 the Methodist's hired the Balnarring Mechanics hall for services. In 1924 2 acres of land was purchased at Balnarring Beach Road. in 1929 services were moved to St Mark's Church of England in Balnarring however by 1934 services were moved to Warrawee Homestead. The new Church was…
Balwyn North, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1954
Address: Corner Belmore & Winfield Road, , Balwyn North Victoria, 3104
The vision for a church occurred in 1950 with the land being purchased on 27 July 1951. A portable building was erected on the site on 17 February 1952. The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend H. Slarnette President of the Conference 12 July 1953. The three bay church hall was opened in 1954. Additions to the Church were completed in…
Balwyn, VIC - Trinity Uniting
Year Built: 1961
Address: 172 Doncaster Road, , Balwyn Victoria, 3103
The Foundation stone was laid by the Reverend H.G. Mackay B.A. on 16 December 1961.
Beaufort, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Address: Livingstone Street, , Beaufort Victoria, 3373
Beechworth, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Year Built: 1857
Address: Corner Ford & Williams Streets, , Beechworth Victoria, 3747
The foundation stone of the Beechworth Presbyterian Church was laid by the Rev. James Nish, of Sandhurst, on 6th July, 1857. St Andrew's Church was built by the Scottish and Ulster Presbyterians who settled in north-east Victoria in the mid-nineteenth century. The church is a five-bay Gothic Revival design of cement stucco, built in 1857.…
Bellbrae, VIC - Uniting
Address: 5 School Road, , Bellbrae Victoria, 3228
Formerly a Wesleyan Methodist church.
Belmont, VIC - Uniting
Address: Thomson Street, , Belmont Victoria, 3216
The first Methodist Church service in Belmont was held in the home of Mr. Caldwell in the ealy 1880's. By the 3rd of May 1891 first service was held in the new church built in High Street – south of Mt. Pleasant Road. For further history visit the church website here.
Benalla, VIC - Uniting
Address: Corner Church & Carrier Streets, , Benalla Victoria, 3672
Formerly a Methodist church. The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend John W. Rowse President of the Victorian and Tasmanian Conference on 26 March 1930. The architect was A.S. Eggleston and the builder was R. Mould.
Bendigo, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Year Built: 1930
Address: 26 Myers Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
A Foundation stone was laid by Mrs William Hunter on 22 March 1930. The Architects of the current Church were G.D. Garvin and C Eathorne. A stuccoed brick church of 1930, which is quite idiosyncratic in detail and gains its distinctive character from the eclectic and not entirely felicitous low relief cement decoration. This Church is…
Bendigo, VIC - Uniting
Address: Forest Street, , Bendigo Victoria, 3550
A Foundation stone on the first Church which is now a Hall reads, " 28th January AD 1891".
Bentleigh, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1968
Address: 497 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204
The Foundation stone was laid on 15 March 1968 by H.V. Barnett. The Architect was John Scarborough.
Berrybank, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1954
Address: Foxhow Road, , Berrybank Victoria, 3323
The former church was destroyed by fire on 14 January 1944. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 21 April 1954 by William M Clark. The Architect was Keith Reid while the builder was A McHolson.
Birchip, VIC - Uniting
Address: 31 Duncan Street, , Birchip Victoria, 3483
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Blackburn, VIC - The Avenue Uniting
Year Built: 1960
Address: Corner The Avenue & Blackburn Road, , Blackburn Victoria, 3130
The first Presbyterian Church was erected in 1926. In the 1950's there was already a small brick Presbyterian Church , but with post war expansion this proved inadequate. The worshipping community worked hard to give expression to an expanded vision for the area and the "new" Presbyterian church. The foundation stone of the current…
Boronia, VIC - Uniting
Address: Corner Boronia Road & Zeising Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155
Box Hill, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting
Year Built: 1867
Address: Corner Whitehorse Road & Bruce Street, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128
The first Presbyterian Church Service was held on 6 February 1867 by the Rev W Rolland. By 1887 a Theological student by the name of Alex Walker was engaged to run services at both Box Hill and Surrey Hills. The original site for the first church was Court Street and a wooden building was opened in July 1889. A larger weatherboard…
Box Hill, VIC - Wesley Uniting
Year Built: 1925
Address: Corner Oxford & Station Streets, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128
The first Wesleyan Methodist service was held in the Box Hill centre in the Barkly Hall, on 13th May 1883. Tenders were called for what is now known as Oxford Hall (formerly known as the The Methodist Church in Station Street and later The Station Street Church ) on 17th November 1885, and the foundation stone was laid on 11th February…
Bridgewater on Loddon, VIC - Uniting
Address: 15 Main Street, , Bridgewater on Loddon Victoria, 3516
It was once an Op Shop before it closed.
Bright, VIC - Uniting
Year Built: 1884
Address: Ireland Street, , Bright Victoria, 3741
The first church was a wooden structure with a shingle roof and situated behind present-time "Outdoor & Disposals." Later when this land was sold, probably to finance our present building, it was transferred to behind today's church. The Foundation stone of the new brick church was laid by Mrs Worth on 10th day of March, 1884. The…
Brighton, VIC - St Leonard's Uniting
Address: Corner New Street & Wolseley Grove, , Brighton Victoria, 3186
The Wolseley Grove site was purchased for £300. Towards this amount the people contributed £130. and the Church and Manse Loan Fund promised a loan of £200. The first intention was to build a wooden structure and Church hall at a cost of £350. The architect appointed by the meeting advised that little extra cost would be involved in…