Year Built: 1960
Address: Corner The Avenue & Blackburn Road, , Blackburn Victoria, 3130
The first Presbyterian Church was erected in 1926. In the 1950's there was already a small brick Presbyterian Church , but with post war expansion this proved inadequate. The worshipping community worked hard to give expression to an expanded vision for the area and the "new" Presbyterian church. The foundation stone of the current…
Address: 17 Springfield Road, , Blackburn North Victoria, 3130
In 1883 a building had been constructed on the corner of Whitehorse road and Francom Street. This became the main centre for nglican worship but in 1889 it was moved to Box Hill and was later burnt down. With the steady growth in population in Blackburn, by the end of the 1880s it was apparent that Blackburn would need a more…
Address: 51 Lakewview Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537
A Foundation stone read's, " A.M.D.C. In memory of the fallen in two world wars the fondation stone of this church of St Andrew built for the worship of God and the teaching of the Catholic faith was laid by Allen second Bishop of St Arnaud on 30th November 1958. C.T. Hollaway Rector, Earl Bunbury Architects, D.K. Koch Builder."
Year Built: 1977
Address: 59 Boronia Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155
The church was first established in 1921 at the first building was opened on October 30 of the same year. The current building was erected in 1977 and opened on 8 October. A fire in 1991 damaged the building and it was reopened 1 September 1991.*
Year Built: 1971
Address: Corner Dorset Road & William Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155
In 1923 the Boronia parish was part of the Ferntree Gully District. By 1937 the Ferntree Gully district was split into two. St Paul's remained part of this District.* In 1938 services were held in the Progress Hall by Reverend Brown. It seems they held services in a hall in Whitehorse Raod Ringwood which they later purchased for 25.00…
Year Built: 1867
Address: Corner Whitehorse Road & Bruce Street, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128
The first Presbyterian Church Service was held on 6 February 1867 by the Rev W Rolland. By 1887 a Theological student by the name of Alex Walker was engaged to run services at both Box Hill and Surrey Hills. The original site for the first church was Court Street and a wooden building was opened in July 1889. A larger weatherboard…
Year Built: 1861
Address: Whitehorse Road, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128
The first church was erected in 1861 at the corner of Canterbury Road and Bedford Street at a cost of 300.00. By 1883 a new church was erected on the corner of Whitehorse Road and Frankcom Street on land donated by Mr Stewart Sergeant. The foundation stone was laid on 15 May 1883.* The church was to be in the Gothic style constructed…
Year Built: 1925
Address: Corner Oxford & Station Streets, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128
The first Wesleyan Methodist service was held in the Box Hill centre in the Barkly Hall, on 13th May 1883. Tenders were called for what is now known as Oxford Hall (formerly known as the The Methodist Church in Station Street and later The Station Street Church ) on 17th November 1885, and the foundation stone was laid on 11th February…
Address: 44 Calder Highway, , Bridgewater on London Victoria, 3516
Address: Ireland Street, , Bright Victoria, 3741
The first Church was built of wood with a shingle roof situated behind the present day Outdoor and Disposals. The Church current was built in 1884 and a foundation stone was laid on 10 March by Mrs Worth. Minsters for Bright were stationed in Wandilligong until 1877 then Bright from 1918.
Address: 77 Were Street, , Brighton Beach Victoria, 3186
In the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, Brighton Beach’s Anglicans worshipped at St Peter’s Chapel of Ease in Lynch Street, which formed part of the Parish of Saint Andrews in Brighton.
Year Built: 1896
Address: Corner North & New Streets, , Brighton Victoria, 3186
The Foundation stone to the first church was laid on 29 October 1892 by the Brighton Mayor M.J.S. Carr Esq. John Knox church (built 1876) Original Architect - Charles Webb
Year Built: 1850
Address: Corner Church & New Streets, , Brighton Victoria, 3186
The first church was built in 1842 with a second Church having been built in 1850-51 by the architect Charles Lang. The third is comprised of bluestone with seven bays to the design of architect Charles Webb in 1856-57. A more modern section at the rear has been added after a fire totally destroyed the complex in 1961.
Year Built: 1889
Address: 12 Wilson Street, , Brighton Victoria, 3186
The Church was established as part of the Free Presbyterian Church in Victoria during the 1850’s. The Foundation stone was laid on 26 October 1889 by the Honourable Sir James McBain MLC.
Address: 17 Black Street, , Brighton Victoria, 3186
In 1853 a Church, the Independents (later Congregational Church) began services in a tent measuring 10ft x 12ft which they erected in Carpenter street. Their Minister was the Reverend Henry Kidgell recently arrived from England. In April that year it was resolved to erect a small wooden chapel on a quarter acre block of land in Male…
Year Built: 1912
Address: Corner High & Hamilton Streets, , Broadford Victoria, 3658
The original church was a small wooden Methodist church built in 1895, opened on 9 June and demolished in 1912. The Builder was Mr McDonald of Broadford. A Foundation stone was laid by M McKenzie MLA on 1 June 1912 when a newer church was erected. The builder was James Sutherland. The foundation stone was laid by MK McKenzie MLA on 1…
Year Built: 1874
Address: High Street, , Broadford Victoria, 3658
The (new) Church was opened on 26 April 1874. It was built by a Mr Woods. In 1892 Kilmore and Broadford seperated and on Easter Sunday the Rev H. Braddock was inducted as Broadford's first resident Priest. The Church was consecrated 19 years after it opened by Bishop Goe.
Year Built: 1957
Address: High Street, , Broadford Victoria, 3658
Originally a Methodist church, the Broadford Uniting Church is located next to the Library. Construction of the current building commenced in November of 1956, and the Foundation stone was laid by the President of the Conference, the Rev. Norman Lade MA, BD on 16 February 1957. The dedication of the church took place in September 1957.
Year Built: 1857
Address: 6 Glenlyon Road, , Brunswick Victoria, 3056
A stucco rendered brick Church of cruciform plan and detached campanile was erected in four stages between 1857 and 1875. Architects were Purchas and Sawyer who designed the nave in 1857. Smith and Watts completed the transfers, chancel and vestry between 1863 and 1864 and the campanile between 1870 and 1871. Whilst Frederick Wyatt was…