Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name


Bookham, NSW - Pioneer Memorial Uniting

Bookham, NSW - Pioneer Memorial Uniting

Year Built: 1926

Address: 24 Childowla Road, , Bookham New South Wales, 2582

A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Rev A.J. Doig B.A. October 13th 1926 Minister F. W. Gresham".

Read More

Bookham, NSW - St Columba's Catholic (Former)

Bookham, NSW - St Columba's Catholic (Former)

Year Built: 1910

Address: Fagan Drive, , Bookham New South Wales, 2582

A Foundation stone reads, " St Columba's Church Foundation stone blessed and laid 14th Aug 1910 by Right Rev J. Gallagher D.D. Bishop of Goulburn Rev John Sharkey Rector". Today the Church is in private hands.

Read More

Boomi, NSW - Anglican

Boomi, NSW - Anglican

Address: 42 Barwon Street, , Boomi New South Wales, 2405

Read More

Boompa, QLD - St Mary's Anglican

Boompa, QLD - St Mary's Anglican

Address: Maryborough Biggenden Road, , Boompa Queensland, 4621

Opening services for the church were held on 26 October 1919. The church was built by Matthew Edmund Rooney of Maryborough.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - All Saints' Catholic

Boonah, QLD - All Saints' Catholic

Year Built: 1961

Address: John Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

The first Catholic church was opened on 1 November 1887. This is the third church and was opened on 29 October 1961.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Baptist

Boonah, QLD - Baptist

Year Built: 1965

Address: 36 Church Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

The Foundation stone was laid on 30 January 1965 by Mr P.J. Hancox President of the Queensland Baptist Union.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Christ Church Anglican

Boonah, QLD - Christ Church Anglican

Address: 10 Church Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

The earliest recorded visit by a clergyman seems to be in August, 1848, when the Rev. Benjamin. Glennie held services in private homes during his journey from Brisbane to the Darling Downs. St. Paul's, Ipswich Parish magazine of March 31st, 1887, notes that the curate, Rev. H. Simmonds, visits Fassifern, Dugandan, Coochin and Maroon on a…

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Church of Christ

Boonah, QLD - Church of Christ

Address: Coronation Drive, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Fassifern Uniting

Boonah, QLD - Fassifern Uniting

Address: 10 Macquarie Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

When Union occurred the Uniting Church occupied the old Methodist Church at 9 Church Street until the new Uniting church was built in 1989. The Boonah Uniting Church is now named Fassifern Uniting as it is the only UCA church in the Fassifern Region.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Trinity Lutheran

Boonah, QLD - Trinity Lutheran

Address: Rathdowney Road, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

The church was established in the 1880's. The Boonah and Dugandan congregations amalgamated in 1981.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Uniting (Former)

Boonah, QLD - Uniting (Former)

Address: 9 Church Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

A Mr Fuller visited the region in 1880. In September. 1881, Fassifern and Dugandan were appointed preaching places and in November Mr. Powell conducted devotions at the home of Mr. and Mrs. J. Betts, Boonah, in the afternoon, and afterwards at the home of Mr. and Mrs. E. Horton, Kalbar. Services continued at quarterly Intervals. At…

Read More

Boondall, QLD - Church of Christ

Boondall, QLD - Church of Christ

Address: Queenstown Avenue, , Boondall Queensland, 4034

Read More

Boorowa, NSW - St James' Presbyterian (Former)

Boorowa, NSW - St James' Presbyterian (Former)

Year Built: 1885

Address: 50 Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586

The Church was built in 1885

Read More

Boorowa, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican

Boorowa, NSW - St John the Evangelist Anglican

Year Built: 1861

Address: 38 Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586

The Church was established in 1861. Plaque inside gate reads, In Memory of the Soldier Sons of the Church in the Parish, Who gave their lives in The Great War 1914-1918. Their names are inscribed on the Lamp of Remembrance, given by their Comrades.

Read More

Boorowa, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Boorowa, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Year Built: 1877

Address: Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586

‘A church was built 1854 as an outpost of Yass Mission, but a resident priest came in 1864. That old church became unstable and too small and was later replaced. A stain-glassed window of the Irish Saints Patrick, Bridget and Columba is a fine element, but there is within it a surprising inset panel of the ‘Liberator’ Daniel O’Connell,…

Read More

Boorowa, NSW - Uniting

Boorowa, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1869

Address: Farm Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586

Formerly a Wesleyan Methodist Church. The Church was given the name "The Little Brick Church" when the Wesleyan Church was built in in 1869. The church was built by James Preston at a cost of £320 with an extra £10 for plastering.

Read More

Boorowa, NSW - Uniting

Boorowa, NSW - Uniting

Address: 42 Farm Street, , Boorowa New South Wales,

Read More

Boort, VIC - Baptist

Boort, VIC - Baptist

Address: 21 Armstrong Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

The Barraport Baptist Church was built in 1885 and over time the number of Baptist families living in Boort and travelling from Boort to the Barraport church steadily increased. It was agreed at Barraport on August 9, 1962 that it was time to establish a Baptist church in Boort; from this point the church was known as the Barraport Boort…

Read More

Boort, VIC - Church of Christ

Boort, VIC - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1927

Address: 5 Victoria Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

In 1912 a Mr J.K. Kirk of the Boort Coach Factory sold 50 feet of land adjoining the Factory for a sum of 70 to Mr J. Stanyer as a site for a Church of Christ which it is likely will shortly be erected. Amongst the earliest meetings of the Church of Christ it is recorded that these were held at Mysia and in the home of Stanyers, of…

Read More

Boort, VIC - Presbyterian, (Former)

Boort, VIC - Presbyterian, (Former)

Year Built: 1876

Address: 24 Godfrey Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

Presbyterian services were conducted in the district from 1876, and in a permanent church building in Boort from 1881. It is believed this building was sold to the Anglican Church c1905 (see history of St. Andrew's Anglican church). A new wooden Presbyterian church, St. Andrews, was designed and built in 1901 by Mr. A. E. DeGruchy for…

Read More

Boort, VIC - St Andrews Anglican

Boort, VIC - St Andrews Anglican

Year Built: 1958

Address: 51 Lakewview Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

The first service was held at the "Boort" station woolshed on October 6th. 1850, and- in St. Andrew's there is a memorial prayer desk to "Frederic Race Godfrey, Pioneer-"Boort" station 1847-1863". The Rev. Drought, a descendent of the Godfreys, preached the first sermon in the present church. The original St. Andrew's was owned by the…

Read More

Boort, VIC - St Patrick's Catholic

Boort, VIC - St Patrick's Catholic

Year Built: 1928

Address: 110 Lake View Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

Catholic services were held in homes and halls in the district from 1865 by priests visiting from Inglewood, and from 1876, St. Arnaud. The first church, a wooden building, was built in Boort in the 1890s. A new building was erected in the 1920s with funds raised largely through a Queen Competition. The church was designed by J.…

Read More

Boort, VIC - Uniting

Boort, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1958

Address: 8 King Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

The first Methodist services were conducted as part of the Inglewood circuit from the mid-1870s. A church building was erected in Boort in 1881 after the school building became too small for services. A new brick Methodist church was built in Boort in 1958 by Don Hock of Bendigo and the former Catumnal Methodist church building, built…

Read More

Booval, QLD - Sacred Heart Catholic

Booval, QLD - Sacred Heart Catholic

Year Built: 1915

Address: 19 Cothill Road, , Booval Queensland, 4304

The Church was established in 1912. By 1914, the foundation stone for a church was laid on 4.5 acres of land, generously donated by Dean Andrew Horan of St Mary's Parish Ipswich. A Heritage plaque reads, " Sacred Heart Church was constructed and opened by Archbishop Duhig in 1915 and from 1931 to 1997 Booval House opposite was used as…

Read More

Booval, QLD - Uniting

Booval, QLD - Uniting

Address: 98 Glebe Road, , Booval Queensland, 4304

Read More

Borden, WA - St David's Anglican

Borden, WA - St David's Anglican

Year Built: 1959

Address: Chester Pass Road, , Borden Western Australia, 6338

The Foundation stone was laid in the presence of the Bishop of the Diocese by Mrs Mavis Milne on 15 May 1959. Rector OA Wall??

Read More

Bordertown, SA - Church of Christ

Bordertown, SA - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1965

Address: West Terrace, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The church was erected in 1965.

Read More

Bordertown, SA - St Barnabas Anglican

Bordertown, SA - St Barnabas Anglican

Year Built: 1910

Address: McLeod Street, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

Read More

Bordertown, SA - St Mary's Catholic

Bordertown, SA - St Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1969

Address: Victoria Parade, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The Foundation stone was laid on 16 February 1969 by the Archbishop of Adelaide the most Reverend J.W. Gleeson D.D.

Read More

Bordertown, SA - St Paul's Lutheran
Bordertown, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Bordertown, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1930

Address: Corner Smith & Patterson Streets, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The beginnings of the church fall to the Hausler family who moved into the district in 1930. With no Lutheran church to speak of they encouraged the Victorian district of the UELCA to conduct services on a regular basis. Pastor E Sprengel of Mt Gambier conducted the first three services in the Hauser home which was located about 8 miles…

Read More

Bordertown, SA - Uniting

Bordertown, SA - Uniting

Address: Corner Decourcey & McLeod Streets, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

Read More

Borona, VIC - Baptist

Borona, VIC - Baptist

Address: 17 Falconer Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Read More

Boronia Park, NSW Uniting

Boronia Park, NSW Uniting

Address: 94 Pittwater Road, , Gladesville New South Wales, 2111

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Church of Christ

Boronia, VIC - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1977

Address: 59 Boronia Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

The church was first established in 1921 at the first building was opened on October 30 of the same year. The current building was erected in 1977 and opened on 8 October. A fire in 1991 damaged the building and it was reopened 1 September 1991.*

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Community Baptist

Boronia, VIC - Community Baptist

Address: 17 Falconer Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Boronia, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Boronia, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Address: 212 Boronia Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Boronia, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Boronia, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1971

Address: Corner Dorset Road & William Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

In 1923 the Boronia parish was part of the Ferntree Gully District. By 1937 the Ferntree Gully district was split into two. St Paul's remained part of this District.* In 1938 services were held in the Progress Hall by Reverend Brown. It seems they held services in a hall in Whitehorse Raod Ringwood which they later purchased for 25.00…

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Uniting

Boronia, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Boronia Road & Zeising Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist

Boronia, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist

Address: 36 Pine Crescent, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More