Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name


Broadford, VIC - St George's Presbyterian

Broadford, VIC - St George's Presbyterian

Year Built: 1912

Address: Corner High & Hamilton Streets, , Broadford Victoria, 3658

The original church was a small wooden Methodist church built in 1895, opened on 9 June and demolished in 1912. The Builder was Mr McDonald of Broadford. A Foundation stone was laid by M McKenzie MLA on 1 June 1912 when a newer church was erected. The builder was James Sutherland. The foundation stone was laid by MK McKenzie MLA on 1…

Read More

Broadford, VIC - St Matthew's Anglican

Broadford, VIC - St Matthew's Anglican

Year Built: 1874

Address: High Street, , Broadford Victoria, 3658

The (new) Church was opened on 26 April 1874. It was built by a Mr Woods. In 1892 Kilmore and Broadford seperated and on Easter Sunday the Rev H. Braddock was inducted as Broadford's first resident Priest. The Church was consecrated 19 years after it opened by Bishop Goe.

Read More

Broadford, VIC - Uniting

Broadford, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1957

Address: High Street, , Broadford Victoria, 3658

Originally a Methodist church, the Broadford Uniting Church is located next to the Library. Construction of the current building commenced in November of 1956, and the Foundation stone was laid by the President of the Conference, the Rev. Norman Lade MA, BD on 16 February 1957. The dedication of the church took place in September 1957.

Read More

Broadmarsh, TAS - St Augustine's Anglican

Broadmarsh, TAS - St Augustine's Anglican

Address: 4 Grahams Road, , Broadmarsh Tasmania, 7030

The church opened in 1847 and was closed for services in 1997.

Read More

Brockley, NSW - Protetant

Brockley, NSW - Protetant

Address: Brockley Road, , Brockley New South Wales, 2365

Read More

Bronte, NSW - Lugar Brae Uniting

Bronte, NSW - Lugar Brae Uniting

Address: Corner Lugar Brae Avenue & Leichhardt Streets, , Bronte New South Wales, 2024

Formerly a Methodist church.

Read More

Brookfield, QLD - Good Shepherd Anglican

Brookfield, QLD - Good Shepherd Anglican

Year Built: 1892

Address: 615 Brookfield Road, , Brookfield Queensland, 4069

The Church was build between 1892–1893 in a plain Gothic style. The architect is unknown, however, it is possible that the design may be attributed to the work of John Hingeston Buckeridge, architect for the Anglican Diocese of Brisbane from 1886–1902. The land that was acquired for the building of a church, had been surveyed for sale in…

Read More

Brookfield, QLD - Uniting

Brookfield, QLD - Uniting

Year Built: 1886

Address: 2 Upper Brookfield Road, , Brookfield Queensland, 4069

The church was constructed circa 1886 by the Bible Christian Movement in an attempt to expand the Methodist faith in Queensland. Built of timber the roof is corrugated iron. While the date of the founding of the Brookfield mission is given as 1869 the title deeds disclose that land, 2 acres, 1 rood and 30 perches, was transferred to the…

Read More

Broome, WA - Anglican

Broome, WA - Anglican

Address: Corner Hass & Hamersley Street, , Broome Western Australia, 6725

Read More

Broome, WA - Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic

Broome, WA - Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic

Year Built: 1963

Address: 34 Weld Street, , Broome Western Australia, 6725

The Church was blessed and dedicated on 8 September 1963 by the Most Reverend John Jobst Vicar of the Kimberley.

Read More

Broome, WA - Uniting

Broome, WA - Uniting

Address: Corner Anne & Robertson Streets, , Broome Western Australia, 6725

Read More

Broomehill, WA - Our Lady of Fatima Catholic

Broomehill, WA - Our Lady of Fatima Catholic

Address: Ivy Street, , Broomehill Western Australia, 6318

Read More

Broomehill, WA - Presbyterian (Former)

Broomehill, WA - Presbyterian (Former)

Address: Journal Street, , Broomehill Western Australia, 6318

Read More

Broomehill, WA - St Elizabeth of Hungary Anglican

Broomehill, WA - St Elizabeth of Hungary Anglican

Address: 16 - 2 Janitor Street, , Broomehill Western Australia, 6318

The Foundation stone was laid 18 April 1953. The Church was the former Police Station and Courthouse, a single-storey brick and iron building. It is one of the oldest buildings in Broomehill and contributes to the community’s sense of place. The altar is constructed of bricks from the old 1884 Eticup Church. The Church took it name…

Read More

Brownsville, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Brownsville, NSW - St Luke's Anglican

Address: 35 Prince Edward Drive, , Brownsville New South Wales, 2530

St Luke's is one of Hunt's ecclesiastical building; one of his most successful designs and also a high point in development of his ideas on the use of materials. Church consists of nave, tower, vestry and porch with steeply pitched tiled roof. Six stepped buttresses divide nave externally into five bays. A plaque on the wall of the…

Read More

Brunswick North, VIC - St Margaret Mary's Catholic

Brunswick North, VIC - St Margaret Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1920

Address: 51 Mitchell Street, , Brunswick North Victoria, 3056

St Margaret Mary's was originally part of the parish of St Ambrose in Brunswick. It was first known as St Matthew's and was established in 1913. The original St Matthew's church, built the previous year, served as a church, school and hall. A Foundation stone reads, " A.O.D.G. To the worship of God under the invocation of Saint…

Read More

Brunswick West, VIC - Italian Pentecostal

Brunswick West, VIC - Italian Pentecostal

Address: 58 - 60 Daly Street, , Brunswick West Victoria, 3055

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Church was opened on 10th November 1889 after the renovation of the Church this plaque was unveiled by Rev A.A. Lyons on 1oth November 1957 Rev F.R. Woodhouse LTh Minister".

Read More

Brunswick West, VIC - St David's Uniting

Brunswick West, VIC - St David's Uniting

Address: 74 - 76 Melville Road, , Brunswick West Victoria, 3055

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Rev Norman W. Paul BA Minister of this Parish 6th May 1962 Architects K Murray Forster & Allen Walsh Builder Ralph Beer".

Read More

Brunswick West, VIC - St John's Anglican

Brunswick West, VIC - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1930

Address: 494 Victoria Street, , Brunswick West Victoria, 3055

A Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God This stone was laid by the Most Reverend Frederick Waldegrave Head B.D. Archbishop of Melbourne 1st February 1930 Louise Williams & Cockrell Architects".

Read More

Brunswick West, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Brunswick West, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1959

Address: 183 Hope Street, , Brunswick West Victoria, 3055

The West Brunswick Parish was established by Archbishop Thomas Joseph Carr in 1913, appointing Father C. Sheahan as the first Parish Priest. The present Church is the second building to stand on the site. Work on the current Church commenced in 1949. The Church was built in two sections, the first part being built behind and over the…

Read More

Brunswick, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Brunswick, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1857

Address: 6 Glenlyon Road, , Brunswick Victoria, 3056

A stucco rendered brick Church of cruciform plan and detached campanile was erected in four stages between 1857 and 1875. Architects were Purchas and Sawyer who designed the nave in 1857. Smith and Watts completed the transfers, chancel and vestry between 1863 and 1864 and the campanile between 1870 and 1871. Whilst Frederick Wyatt was…

Read More

Brunswick, VIC - Uniting

Brunswick, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Sydney Road & Merri Street, , Brunswick Victoria, 3056

Read More

Brushgrove, NSW - Uniting

Brushgrove, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1900

Address: 9 Woodford Street, , Brushgrove New South Wales, 2460

Read More

Brushgrove, NSW, St Jude's Methodist (Former)

Brushgrove, NSW, St Jude's Methodist (Former)

Address: 11 Woodford Street, , Brushgrove New South Wales, 2460

A memorial stone reads, " Memorial stone laid by Revd J.S. Macpherson Oct 11 1898". In private hands and Heritage listed.

Read More

Bruthen, VIC - St Matthew's Anglican

Bruthen, VIC - St Matthew's Anglican

Address: 7 Church Street, , Bruthen Victoria, 3885

The Vicarage was acquired approximately in 1892. The Parish hall was built in 1966. Over 400 people attended the opening.

Read More

Bryneside, VIC - Catholic

Bryneside, VIC - Catholic

Address: Brewer Road, , Byrneside Victoria, 3617

Read More

Buchan, VIC - St Dymphnas Catholic

Buchan, VIC - St Dymphnas Catholic

Address: Woodgates Road, , Buchan Victoria, 3885

Read More

Buchan, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Buchan, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Address: Main Road, , Buchan Victoria, 3885

Read More

Buchan, VIC - Uniting

Buchan, VIC - Uniting

Address: Main Road, , Buchan Victoria, 3885

Read More

Buckland, TAS - St John the Baptist Anglican

Buckland, TAS - St John the Baptist Anglican

Address: 1 Duke Street, , Buckland Tasmania, 7190

On 22nd March, 1846, Mr. Cox conducted the first Service in the Buckland Parish, and the only place in which it could be held was the local Police Station. as conducting his Services in a solid little stone Sunday School, and as if this were not enough, the foundation stone had been laid of a Church, which was in later years to be known…

Read More

Bulahdelah, NSW - St John's Anglican

Bulahdelah, NSW - St John's Anglican

Year Built: 1912

Address: 59 Stroud St, , Bulahdelah New South Wales, 2423

The first place of worship in Bulaheldah was the Church of England School building under the umbrella of the Parish of Stroud. The Church was built in 1912

Read More

Bulla, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Bulla, VIC - St Mary's Anglican

Year Built: 1850

Address: Bulla Road, , Bulla Victoria, 3428

The land was donated by Anne Greene of Woodlands Homestead. The foundation stone was laid by Bishop Perry on 15 January 1850 but has never been found. A Gothic church of random coursed squared bluestone rubble designed by Thomas M Taylor and opened in 1858. The church was originally situated on the corner of Oaklands and Bulla Roads.…

Read More

Bulla, VIC - Uniting (Former)

Bulla, VIC - Uniting (Former)

Year Built: 1858

Address: 1 Uniting Lane, , Bulla Victoria, 3428

Formerly a Presbyterian Church it was designed of Thomas M Taylor. The Church and manse, are a Gothic Revival and is an early one and is distinguished by its detailing in bluestone. The Church was erected in late 1858 or early 1859 and a bluestone manse of an unknown date. Constructed of random coursed bluestone and a slate roof, the…

Read More

Bulleen, VIC - Baptist

Bulleen, VIC - Baptist

Address: Corner Thompson & Marcus Roads, , Bulleen Victoria, 3105

In 1956 the North Balwyn Church under the pastorship of Rev Smith saw the need for a church in the Bulleen area. The first service was a Sunday School service on 24 February 1960 in the home of Mr and Mrs Taylor. In the following year Church services were commenced in the home of Mr and Mrs Harrison.

Read More

Bulleen, VIC - St Bishoy & St.Shenouda Coptic Orthodox

Bulleen, VIC - St Bishoy & St.Shenouda Coptic Orthodox

Address: 1 - 9 Prospect Road, , Bulleen Victoria, 3105

Read More

Bulleen, VIC - St Clement of Rome Catholic

Bulleen, VIC - St Clement of Rome Catholic

Year Built: 1962

Address: Egan Drive, , Bulleen Victoria, 3105

Construction of the present church commenced in 1962.

Read More

Bulleen, VIC - St Timothy's Anglican

Bulleen, VIC - St Timothy's Anglican

Address: 169 Thompson's Road, , Bulleen Victoria, 3105

Before it was known as St. Timothy’s Anglican Church Bulleen, the Bulleen Anglican Centre was situated in an empty grocer’s shop in the Kalay Shopping Centre. The location of services was later moved to the doctor’s surgery adjacent to the original shop. On July 29, 1962, the Vicar announced that the Bishop had approved the name of…

Read More

Bulli, NSW - Anglican

Bulli, NSW - Anglican

Address: 66 Park Road, , Bulli New South Wales, 2516

The Church was formerly known as St Augustine's.

Read More

Bulli, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Bulli, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic

Address: 48 Park Road, , Bulli New South Wales, 2516

The first Roman Catholic Church at Bulli was sited “on the Woonona side of Mailbag Hollow” – near main road (now Princes Highway). The first Parish priest, Dean Michael Flanagan, arrived in 1885. On 21 October 1897, a new site for the church was purchased on Park Road, Bulli. The foundation stone of a new church was laid on 1 January…

Read More

Bulli, NSW - The Northern Illawara Uniting

Bulli, NSW - The Northern Illawara Uniting

Year Built: 1865

Address: 191 Princes Highway, , Bulli New South Wales, 2516

The current church was built on land donated by Mr Robert Somerville, and a £50 donation was made by Miss Thompson to assist with the cost of the church building. The church was opened on 7-5-1865 by the Rev G Hurst. The church cost £900 and the debt was £300 which rose to £472 by 1867. The Church was opened on Sunday, May 7, 1865 when…

Read More