Year Built: 1858
Address: Church Street, , Canterbury New South Wales, 2193
Built on part of Robert Campbell's Canterbury estate on land donated by his daughter Sophia Ives Campbell. The Church was designed by Edmund Blacket. Built from local sandstone it was completed between 1858 and 1859 and consecrated on 12 April 1860. Of Gothic Revival Church style with steeply pitched roof which was originally covered…
Year Built: 1962
Address: 1A Balwyn Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126
The first public meeting was held, on February 12th, 1891. Twenty-five were present and unanimously approved the proposal that "we commence as a Baptist Mission. To hold services every Thursday evening at 8.00pm, and every Sunday evening at 7.15pm. Mr H.J. Smith was elected Secretary and a committee was appointed, comprising Messrs.…
Year Built: 1928
Address: 15A Balwyn Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126
In 1890, a Methodist Church was built on the site with funding supplied by local residents. The current church was built in 1928. The Architect was Louis Williams and the Builder was A Richardson. The walls are of clinker brick with bands of grilles in the brickwork to the gable ends. The steeply pitched roof is clad in glazed tiles…
Year Built: 1936
Address: 15 Kidston Street, , Canungra Queensland, 4275
On 18 October 1936 the Church was officially opened and dedicated by Archbishop William Wand. The building was designed by architect Raymond Clare Nowland and the contractor was Gordon Rhodes, supervised by architect Thomas Percy. It was built in the Old English Gothic style using rose cedar.
Year Built: 1934
Address: King Street, , Canungra Queensland, 4275
Before the building of St Margaret Mary’s Church, Mass was held within the private homes of Canungra residents. The church building was designed by J. P. (Jack) Donaghue and built by B. Robertson, with the official opening by Archbishop Duhig being held on June 24th, 1934.
Year Built: 1954
Address: 31 Appel Street, , Canungra Queensland, 4275
A plaque reads, " Canungra Memorial Methodist Church To the Glory of God in Remembrance of fallen of World War 11 Opened and dedicated on 5th June 1954 by President of Conference Rev C.E. Holland Minister Rev A.L. Rose".
Year Built: 1870
Address: Collins Street, , Carcoar New South Wales, 2791
Constructed in 1870 the Church boasts a slim stone bellcote and spire and retains its original cooling system, which was cleverly created by wall cavities through which cooler air passed into outlets in the window sills. A letter to the Editor of the Freemans Journal of 11 March 1871 paints an inspired description of the church and…
Address: Collins Street, , Carcoar New South Wales, 2791
The foundation stone was laid in January 1845. Constructed in brick, the building was designed by Edmund Blacket in a simple Decorated Gothic idiom and is said to have been derived from a medieval church at Cassington, outside Oxford. The building was first used for worship in 1848. The Architect was Edmund Blacket. The Church was…
Year Built: 1915
Address: 2400 Ballarto Road , , Cardinia Victoria, 3978
Mr Walter Duff donated the land for the church and he and his wife organised garden parties to start a building fund. James Irwin of Ararat was the architect and the builder was a Mr Caulsen, costing £450 to build. A Foundation stone reads, "This stone was laid to the Glory of God by Walter Duff Esq J.P. on the 23rd of October 1915.…
Year Built: 1973
Address: 100 Mayfield Road, , Carina Queensland, 4152
The present Church and Priory complex was constructed in 1973 and solemnly Blessed and opened on Sunday 25 March 1973 by the most Rev Archbishop P.W. O'Donnell, DD. His Lordship Bishop E.J. Crawford, DD consecrated and dedicated the complex at 11.00am on 7 September 1975. The cost of the complex at that time was three hundred and…
Year Built: 1864
Address: 4 Urquhart Street, , Carisbrook Victoria, 3464
Anglican services were first held in Carisbrook in 1851. In 1854 church services and a school were conducted in the Parish Hall. In 1864 - 1866 the present blue stone church was erected. The interior was renovated in 1966 and the vestry was added in 1972. On October 2015 St Paul’s Carisbrook was deconsecrated as a place of worship,…
Address: 737 Pennant Hills Road, , Carlingford New South Wales, 2118
Two blocks of land at the corner or Alamein Ave and Pennant Hills Rd were purchased in 1957. In June the following year, the North Carlingford Baptist Church Fellowship was formed. Meetings were held in the Progress Hall in West Epping, at Yallambi on Pennant Hills Rd and at other homes around the district. Sunday School commenced in…
Year Built: 1847
Address: 263 Marsden Road, , Carlingford New South Wales, 2118
A heritage-listed former Anglican church it was opened and consecrated by the Rt. Rev. William Broughton on 4 July 1850. Built by William Mobbs in 1847. A small sandstone Victorian Academic Gothic former church with west porch, a nave featuring lancet windows, a bellcote, chancel and later vestry erected at the direction of the Right…
Year Built: 1865
Address: 203 Marsden Road, , Carlingford New South Wales, 2118
Originally a Wesleyan then Methodist Church. The Church foundation laid on 1st November 1865 replacing original church built in 1824. It was opened for worship 3rd October 1866. The Church was restored in 1966.
Year Built: 1899
Address: Cnr Rathdowne and Pelham Streets , , Carlton Victoria, 3053
The Church of the Sacred Heart replaced an earlier combined church and school, built in bluestone, known as St George's. The new church was opened and blessed by Archbishop Carr on 19 November 1899. Built in cruciform form, the Church consists of nave, side aisles, and side chapels. It is 170ft in length and 62ft across. The width of…
Year Built: 1866
Address: 351 Lygon Street, , Carlton Victoria, 3053
The church was built in two stages, the first between 1866 and 1867 and the second between 1869 and 1870. It was designed by Joseph Reed and Barnes. The builder was John Pigdon. The tower at the northeast corner was never erected and in 1935 was substituted by the present porch and Bell-cote. A foundation stone was laid on 14 September…
Year Built: 1869
Address: Drummond Street, , Carlton Victoria, 3053
Originally a Wesleyan Methodist church it was designed by Joseph Reed and built between 1869 and 1870. The first church, seating 120 people was opened on 17 February 1861. It cost 260 on completion. This church later became half the Sunday School Hall. Construction commenced on 29 December 1860 and it took only 6 weeks to build.
Year Built: 1938
Address: 142 Grange Road, , Carnigie Victoria, 3163
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Moderator The Right Rev F.W. Bolland M.C.M.A. 5th March 1938 Rev S.A. Vertigan Minister. Architects H.H. and F.B. Kemp. Builder Norman Miller".
Year Built: 1924
Address: 371 Neerim Road, , Carnegie Victoria, 3163
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone of the Parish Church of St Peter's built for the worship of God and the teaching of the Catholic faith was laid by Harrington Clare Archbishop of Melbourne on Whitsun Eve A.D. 1924. Pasce Oves Meas. Louis R Williams Architect, R,J, Werner Builder".
Year Built: 1843
Address: 1 Liffey Street, , Carrick Tasmania, 7291
Built in 1843 and consecrated in 1845 after its conversion from a schoolhouse. Services were first held c1843 in a blacksmith's shop and subsequently in a schoolhouse, whose building was later transformed into St Andrew's. Thomas Reibey had the schoolhouse converted by 1845, though the tower was added in 1863. The church's burial ground…