Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination


Boorowa, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Boorowa, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Year Built: 1865

Address: Queen Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586

The church was established in 1865 and construction of the current church was completed in 1877. The first Mass was conducted in fact iin 1837 by Father Brennan from Yass. Its a Gothic church of blue granite and sandstone both locally quarried. Its 35m in length by 19m wide with ceiling and rafters made from stained timber. The roof is…

Read More

Boorowa, NSW - Uniting

Boorowa, NSW - Uniting

Year Built: 1869

Address: Farm Street, , Boorowa New South Wales, 2586

Formerly a Wesleyan church 1869.

Read More

Boort, VIC - Baptist

Boort, VIC - Baptist

Address: 21 Armstrong Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

Read More

Boort, VIC - Church of Christ

Boort, VIC - Church of Christ

Address: 5 Victoria Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

Read More

Boort, VIC - Presbyterian, (Former)

Boort, VIC - Presbyterian, (Former)

Year Built: 1876

Address: 24 Godfrey Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

Church sign now removed and appears to be a private residence

Read More

Boort, VIC - St Andrews Anglican

Boort, VIC - St Andrews Anglican

Address: 51 Lakewview Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

A Foundation stone read's, " A.M.D.C. In memory of the fallen in two world wars the fondation stone of this church of St Andrew built for the worship of God and the teaching of the Catholic faith was laid by Allen second Bishop of St Arnaud on 30th November 1958. C.T. Hollaway Rector, Earl Bunbury Architects, D.K. Koch Builder."

Read More

Boort, VIC - St Patrick's Catholic

Boort, VIC - St Patrick's Catholic

Address: 110 Lake View Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

A Foundation stone reads, "This Church was blessed and opened by the Most Reverend D. Foley D.D. Bishop of Ballarat January 1st 1928 Rev C.J. Kelly P.P."

Read More

Boort, VIC - Uniting

Boort, VIC - Uniting

Address: 8 King Street, , Boort Victoria, 3537

Read More

Borden, WA - St David's Anglican

Borden, WA - St David's Anglican

Address: Chester Pass Road, , Borden Western Australia, 6338

Read More

Borden, WA - St David's Anglican

Borden, WA - St David's Anglican

Year Built: 1959

Address: Chester Pass Road, , Borden Western Australia, 6338

The Foundation stone was laid in the presence of the Bishop of the Diocese by Mrs Mavis Milne on 15 May 1959. Rector OA Wall??

Read More

Bordertown, SA - Church of Christ

Bordertown, SA - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1965

Address: West Terrace, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The church was erected in 1965.

Read More

Bordertown, SA - St Barnabas Anglican

Bordertown, SA - St Barnabas Anglican

Year Built: 1910

Address: McLeod Street, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

Read More

Bordertown, SA - St Mary's Catholic

Bordertown, SA - St Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1969

Address: Victoria Parade, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The Foundation stone was laid on 16 February 1969 by the Archbishop of Adelaide the most Reverend J.W. Gleeson D.D.

Read More

Bordertown, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Bordertown, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1930

Address: Corner Smith & Patterson Streets, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The beginnings of the church fall to the Hausler family who moved into the district in 1930. With no Lutheran church to speak of they encouraged the Victorian district of the UELCA to conduct services on a regular basis. Pastor E Sprengel of Mt Gambier conducted the first three services in the Hauser home which was located about 8 miles…

Read More

Bordertown, SA - Uniting

Bordertown, SA - Uniting

Address: Corner Decourcey & McLeod Streets, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

Read More

Borona, VIC - Baptist

Borona, VIC - Baptist

Address: 17 Falconer Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Church of Christ

Boronia, VIC - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1977

Address: 59 Boronia Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

The church was first established in 1921 at the first building was opened on October 30 of the same year. The current building was erected in 1977 and opened on 8 October. A fire in 1991 damaged the building and it was reopened 1 September 1991.*

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Community Baptist

Boronia, VIC - Community Baptist

Address: 17 Falconer Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Boronia, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Boronia, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Address: 212 Boronia Road, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Boronia, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Boronia, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1971

Address: Corner Dorset Road & William Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

In 1923 the Boronia parish was part of the Ferntree Gully District. By 1937 the Ferntree Gully district was split into two. St Paul's remained part of this District.* In 1938 services were held in the Progress Hall by Reverend Brown. It seems they held services in a hall in Whitehorse Raod Ringwood which they later purchased for 25.00…

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Uniting

Boronia, VIC - Uniting

Address: Corner Boronia Road & Zeising Street, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Boronia, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist

Boronia, VIC - Wesleyan Methodist

Address: 36 Pine Crescent, , Boronia Victoria, 3155

Read More

Bothwell, TAS _ St Lukes Uniting

Bothwell, TAS _ St Lukes Uniting

Year Built: 1830

Address: 10 Market Place, , Bothwell Tasmania, 7030

The Church was opened in 1830 and was built by the Colonial Government for joint use by the Anglican and Presbyterian congregations. Lt Govt Arthur directed the architect John Lee Archer to change the rounded windows which he considered un Christian . Daniel Herbert a convict sculpture who carved the Ross Bridge heads reputedly carved the…

Read More

Bothwell, TAS - St Andrew's Catholic

Bothwell, TAS - St Andrew's Catholic

Year Built: 1939

Address: 19 Patrick Street, , Bothwell Tasmania, 7030

The Church at Bothwell was given a two-acre grant by the Colonial Government. In May 1864 permission to quarry stone on Mount Adelaide near Bothwell, "towards the completion of a church at Bothwell for the use of the Roman Catholic community". At this stage, the church was well advanced, but the private quarry from which stone had been…

Read More

Bothwell, TAS - St Michael's and All Angels Anglican

Bothwell, TAS - St Michael's and All Angels Anglican

Year Built: 1891

Address: 2 Dennistoun Road, , Bothwell Tasmania, 7030

The Church was consecrated by Bishop Montgomery in 1891. The French Gothic revival small country Cathedral was designed by Alexander North and built by Lewis and Son and Hallet. The sandstone for this church was quarried locally. The tower was added and dedicated in 1923 however is un finsiehd due to costs. Before construction of the…

Read More

Bower, SA - St Peter's Lutheran

Bower, SA - St Peter's Lutheran

Year Built: 1890

Address: 8461 Thiele Highway, , Bower South Australia, 5374

The land on which the church is located was once owned by Mr F. W. Kaeding. The Foundation stone was laid on 14 September 1890 by Pastor J. Hansen and it was finished by 1899 when a dedication service was held on 24 September. The Sunday School was opened in 1919. The church is 45 feet x 25 feet and cost approximately 120.

Read More

Bowning, NSW - St James Anglican

Bowning, NSW - St James Anglican

Address: 100 Bowning Road, , Bowning New South Wales, 2582

Read More

Bowning, NSW - Unknown

Bowning, NSW - Unknown

Address: Silver Street, , Bowning New South Wales, 2582

May have been sold. No other information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Read More

Box Hill South, VIC - St Aidan's Anglican

Box Hill South, VIC - St Aidan's Anglican

Year Built: 1970

Address: 10 Surrey Street, , Box Hill South Victoria, 3128

The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend R.W. Dann on 24 May 1970. The Architect was John Roseenthal and the Vicar was C.N. Thomas.

Read More

Box Hill, VIC - Baptist

Box Hill, VIC - Baptist

Year Built: 1926

Address: Corner Ellingworth & Station Street, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128

The Church was established in 1901. The Foundation stone was laid by R.A. Sutton Esq J.P. on 14 February 1926.

Read More

Box Hill, VIC - Greek Orthodox

Box Hill, VIC - Greek Orthodox

Year Built: 1971

Address: Hopetoun Parade Road, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128

The Foundation stone was laid on 10 October 1971.

Read More

Box Hill, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Box Hill, VIC - St Andrew's Uniting

Year Built: 1867

Address: Corner Whitehorse Road & Bruce Street, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128

The first Presbyterian Church Service was held on 6 February 1867 by the Rev W Rolland. By 1887 a Theological student by the name of Alex Walker was engaged to run services at both Box Hill and Surrey Hills. The original site for the first church was Court Street and a wooden building was opened in July 1889. A larger weatherboard…

Read More

Box Hill, VIC - St Francis Xavier Catholic

Box Hill, VIC - St Francis Xavier Catholic

Year Built: 1926

Address: Corner Dorking & Whitehorse Roads, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128

The Foundation stone was laid by the most Reverend D Mannix D.D. Archbishop of Melbourne on 11 July 1926.

Read More

Box Hill, VIC - St Peter's Anglican

Box Hill, VIC - St Peter's Anglican

Year Built: 1861

Address: Whitehorse Road, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128

The first church was erected in 1861 at the corner of Canterbury Road and Bedford Street at a cost of 300.00. By 1883 a new church was erected on the corner of Whitehorse Road and Frankcom Street on land donated by Mr Stewart Sergeant. The foundation stone was laid on 15 May 1883.* The church was to be in the Gothic style constructed…

Read More

Box Hill, VIC - Wesley Uniting

Box Hill, VIC - Wesley Uniting

Year Built: 1925

Address: Corner Oxford & Station Streets, , Box Hill Victoria, 3128

The first Wesleyan Methodist service was held in the Box Hill centre in the Barkly Hall, on 13th May 1883. Tenders were called for what is now known as Oxford Hall (formerly known as the The Methodist Church in Station Street and later The Station Street Church ) on 17th November 1885, and the foundation stone was laid on 11th February…

Read More

Bracken Ridge, QLD - Baptist

Bracken Ridge, QLD - Baptist

Address: 47 Norris Road, , Bracken Ridge Queensland, 4017

Read More

Bracken Ridge, QLD - Holy Spirit Anglican

Bracken Ridge, QLD - Holy Spirit Anglican

Year Built: 1988

Address: 103 Denham Street, , Bracken Ridge Queensland, 4017

The Church was dedicated on 7 May 1988 by the Archbishop of Brisbane Reverend John Basil Rowland Grindrod KBE.

Read More

Bracken Ridge, QLD - Uniting

Bracken Ridge, QLD - Uniting

Address: Corner Bracken & Pellinore Roads, , Bracken Ridge Queensland, 4017

Read More

Braddon, ACT - St Columba's Uniting

Braddon, ACT - St Columba's Uniting

Year Built: 1961

Address: Corner Fawkner & Farrer Streets, , Braddon Australian Capital Territory, 2612

The Foundation stone was laid on 22 April 1961 by Reverend Harold G. Durbin.

Read More

Brahma Lodge, SA - Baptist

Brahma Lodge, SA - Baptist

Address: Corner Park Terrace & Cheam Street, , Brahma Lodge South Australia, 5109

Read More