Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Year built: between 1941 and 1960


Wagga Wagga, NSW - Wesley Uniting

Wagga Wagga, NSW - Wesley Uniting

Year Built: 1948

Address: Corner Johnson & Tarcutta Street, , Wagga Wagga New South Wales, 2650

The Foundation stone was laid on 21 August 1948 by Reverend R.D. Doust President of the Conference.

Read More

Walbundarie, NSW - St Stephen's Uniting

Walbundarie, NSW - St Stephen's Uniting

Year Built: 1957

Address: Queen Street, , Walbundarie New South Wales,

Originally a Presbyterian church. The Foundation stone was laid by Jessie May Gibbons on 20 August 1957.

Read More

Wangaratta, VIC - St John's Lutheran

Wangaratta, VIC - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1953

Address: 3 Orwell Street, , Wangaratta Victoria, 3677

The beginnings of the church were under the auspices of the (ELCA) and the UELCA). The first divine service was held of the U.L.C.A. was conducted on Monday 7 August 1933 in the home of Mr and Mrs K.J. Lieschke and the service was conducted by Pastor J.T.P. Stolz. Services continued to be held in private homes and the Masonic Lodge…

Read More

Warradale, SA - Lutheran

Warradale, SA - Lutheran

Year Built: 1954

Address: 2 Ailsa Avenue, , Warradale South Australia, 5046

The first services were held in the Brighton RSL hall in 1954. In 1952 Messrs Zilm and A. Cheney, Elders of St. Paul's elders of St Paul's Trinity and Colonel Light Gardens respectively, foresaw the possibility of the growing Warradale area and that the few Lutherans residing in the district had no ready access to either of these…

Read More

Watsonia, VIC - Uniting

Watsonia, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1959

Address: Devonshire Road, , Victoria, 3087

The church was established at a meeting in the backyard of the home of Les and Val Miles on 30 January 1957. The first service was held on 24 February 1957 at the home of Jack and Val French, and conducted by Rev. HM Watson. From 7 September 1958, morning services and a Sunday School were held in the "old tin shed", which became the…

Read More

Weethalle, NSW - St Christopher's Anglican

Weethalle, NSW - St Christopher's Anglican

Year Built: 1954

Address: Mid West Highway, , Weethalle New South Wales, 2669

The Foundation stone was laid on 25 July 1954 by the Bishop of Riverina.

Read More

Weethalle, NSW - St Luke's Catholic

Weethalle, NSW - St Luke's Catholic

Year Built: 1956

Built of brick and timber the Foundation stone was laid on 2 December 1956 by the Bishop of Riverina.

Read More

Yangan, QLD - Our Lady of good counsel Catholic

Yangan, QLD - Our Lady of good counsel Catholic

Year Built: 1955

Address: King Street, , Yangan Queensland, 4371

The Church was opened on 4 December 1955.

Read More

Yerong Creek, NSW - Trinitiy Presbyterian

Yerong Creek, NSW - Trinitiy Presbyterian

Year Built: 1959

Address: Corner Cox & Cole Street, , Yerong Creek New South Wales, 2642

A Foundation stone was laid on 2 April 1959 by Mrs Neil Paton.

Read More

Zillmere, QLD - St Flannan's Catholic

Zillmere, QLD - St Flannan's Catholic

Year Built: 1954

Address: 194 Handford Road, , Zillmere Queensland, 4034

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 February 1954 by the Most Reverend James Duhig D.D. and he also dedicated the building on 28 November 1954.

Read More