Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Year built: between 1981 and 1990


Kambah, ACT, Arawang Anglican

Kambah, ACT, Arawang Anglican

Year Built: 1988

Address: Cnr Kent & Marconi Crescent, , Kambah Australian Capital Territory, 2902

Also known as St Stephen's Anglican. A Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by The Rt Rev Owen Dowling Bishop of Canberra and Goulburn 8th May 1988 No One can lay any foundation other than the one already laid. Jesus Christ ( 1 Corinthians 3.11)".

Read More

Lalor Park, NSW - St Bernadette's Catholic

Lalor Park, NSW - St Bernadette's Catholic

Year Built: 1981

Address: 10 Gardenia Grove, , Lalor Park New South Wales, 2147

A wall plaque reads, " This Church under the title of Saint Bernadette was solemnly dedicated by Bishop Bede Heather on 27th September 1981. Rev T. Crowley Pastor Mr A. Battah Architect".

Read More

McLaren Vale, SA - Uniting

McLaren Vale, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1988

Address: 257 Main Road, , McLaren Vale South Australia, 5171

In 1849 a land grant was made for the construction of a Wesleyan Church. The original section of the church was opened on 14 April 1858by Reverend William Ingram. The transept was built later in 1897 and the front porch was added in 1898. In 1987 the 129 year old church was deemed unsafe and was demolished. The present church was…

Read More

Mona Vale, NSW - Sacred Heart Catholic

Mona Vale, NSW - Sacred Heart Catholic

Year Built: 1983

Address: 1 Keenan Street, , Mona Vale New South Wales, 2103

A Foundation stone reads, " To serve the people of God this building was blessed and opened by Edward Bede Clancy Archbishop of Sydney 17th July 1983".

Read More

Mount Evelyn, VIC - St Mary's Catholic

Mount Evelyn, VIC - St Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1990

Address: 58 Clegg Road, , Mount Evelyn Victoria, 3796

A wall plaque reads, " St Mary's Church Mount Evelyn consecrated and opened by Most Rev T.F. Little DD KBE Archbishop of Melbourne Sunday 30th of September 1990. Rev N. Oliver Parish Priest."

Read More

Narooma, NSW - Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic

Narooma, NSW - Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic

Year Built: 1984

Address: 9 Canty Street, , Narooma New South Wales, 2546

The book, ‘Our Story - Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn’ states that Narooma was excised from Moruya in 1957, but was returned to the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn in 1976. The original wooden church was built in 1895, but replaced by the present brick church in 1984.’

Read More

Nerang, QLD - Uniting

Nerang, QLD - Uniting

Year Built: 1983

Address: 4 Narang River Drive, , Nerang Queensland, 4122

A plaque reads, " Nerang Uniting Church The Opening Service of Worship was conducted on Sunday 17th April 1983 by Rev Harrison BA BD Secretary of Synod".

Read More

Numurkah, VIC - Uniting

Numurkah, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1985

Address: 5 Quinn Street, , Numurkah Victoria, 3636

A Foundation stone reads, " Uniting Church in Australia This Church was opened and dedicated to the Glory of God on 15th December 1985".

Read More

Oxley, QLD - Uniting

Oxley, QLD - Uniting

Year Built: 1987

Address: 114 Oxley Station Road, , Oxley Queensland,

A Foundation stone reads, "Uniting Church in Australia Oxley Corinda Parish This stone was unveiled to the Glory of God by the Rev Eric Moore L Th OBE Moderator Queensland Synod Pentecost Sunday 26th May 1985 Minister of the Word: Rev Burt Johns Heb 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".…

Read More

Pasadena, SA - Lutheran

Pasadena, SA - Lutheran

Year Built: 1982

Address: Fiveash Drive, , Pasadena South Australia, 5042

The church was formed in August 1935 and called the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Congregation Colonel Light Gardens. However there were several services prior to this in 1933 conducted by Pastor Dr Janzow in the Colonel Light Gardens Institute. Two blocks of land in Bond Street had been purchased in 1937 for a church building however…

Read More

Pennant Hills, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Pennant Hills, NSW - St Mark's Anglican

Year Built: 1986

Address: 27 Rosemount Ave, , Pennant Hills New South Wales, 2120

A Foundation stone reads, To the Glory of God this foundation plaque was place by Rt Rev E.D. Cameron Bishop of North Sydney on Sunday 16th November 1986. The Rev John Butler Rector A.D. McCarthy, D.S. Mason, K.I. Sinclair Church wardens".

Read More

Plenty, VIC - Diamond Valley Baptist

Plenty, VIC - Diamond Valley Baptist

Year Built: 1984

Address: Diamond Creek Road, , Plenty Victoria, 3090

Between 1954 and 1956 several homes were used for services including Gordon and Margaret Brown in Grimshaw Street. The first church was in Hobson Street between 1956 and 1960 which is now a medical centre. A tender was accepted from J.R. and G. Hooper and completed was expected by the end of 1956. The hall was very basic, with a…

Read More

Plumpton, NSW - The Good Shepherd Catholic

Plumpton, NSW - The Good Shepherd Catholic

Year Built: 1988

Address: 136 Hyatts Raod, , Plumpton New South Wales, 2761

The Church was opened and blessed by Bishop Bede in 1988.

Read More

Seaford, VIC - St Anne's Catholic

Seaford, VIC - St Anne's Catholic

Year Built: 1982

Address: 84 Austin Road, , Seaford Victoria, 3198

The Parish was established in 1964. A wall plaque reads, " This Church of St Anne Seaford was solemnly dedicated by Most Rev T.F. Little D.D. Archbishop of Melbourne 25th July 1982. The word was made flesh and pitched his tent among us. John 1:14. Thanks be to God and the generosity of Many people".

Read More

Sutherland, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Sutherland, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic

Year Built: 1981

Address: 136 Flora Street, , Sutherland New South Wales, 2232

Construction of the current Church took a little over two years and was completed in 1982 and dedicated on 12 December 1982 by Cardinal James Freeman, Archbishop of Sydney. Architect John King of Glendenning & King, designed the church. A Foundation stone reads, " In recognition of the Ministry of Father Laurie Cruikshank 16-4-1932 -…

Read More

Tamworth, NSW - Mary Help of Christians Catholic

Tamworth, NSW - Mary Help of Christians Catholic

Year Built: 1983

Address: 72 Hillvue Road, , Tamworth New South Wales, 2340

A plaque reads, " Dedicated to our powerfull patroness Mary Help of Christians Solemnly blessed by Most Rev H. J. Kennedy D.D. Bishop of Armidale 17th April 1983".

Read More

Templestowe, VIC - St Haralambos Greek Orthodox

Templestowe, VIC - St Haralambos Greek Orthodox

Year Built: 1990

Address: Corner Porter Street & Church Road, , Templestowe Victoria, 3106

The Church was designed by Peter A. Damos Pty Ltd, a firm of South Melbourne architects, and built in 1990, by Damos with help from the church community. The church has a Romanesque basilican plan with a three-bay, barrel-vaulted porch and squat round-headed campaniles to the west front. The section is also basilican: a nave and two…

Read More

Thorpdale, VIC - Uniting

Thorpdale, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1990

Address: Johnstone Street, , Thorpdale Victoria, 3835

Foundation stone was laid on 14 October 1990.

Read More

Tuggeranong, ACT - Uniting

Tuggeranong, ACT - Uniting

Year Built: 1987

Address: 17 Comrie Street, , Tuggeranong Australian Capital Territory, 2903

The Church building was commenced in 1987 and came into use in April 1988.

Read More

Ulladulla, NSW - St Martin's Anglican

Ulladulla, NSW - St Martin's Anglican

Year Built: 1987

Address: 275 Green Street, , Ulladulla New South Wales, 2539

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was set by The Most Rev D.W.B. Robinson AO MA Thd Archbishop of Sydney 20th December 1987 For no one can lay any foundation other than Jesus Christ 1 Cor 3:11".

Read More

Wangaratta, VIC - Presbyterian

Wangaratta, VIC - Presbyterian

Year Built: 1982

Address: Rowan Street, , Wangaratta Victoria, 3677

The Wangaratta Presbyterian church was founded in 1859. The current Church was erected in 1982. The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend E.R. Pearson's on 18 December 1982. The Minister was Reverend P.W. Hastie B. Jur. B. TH.

Read More

West Mackay, QLD - St Charles Anglican

West Mackay, QLD - St Charles Anglican

Year Built: 1984

Address: McGinn Street, , West Mackay Queensland, 4740

A plaque reads, " This War memorial Church Saint Charles, King, Martyr was dedicated by the Bishop of North Queensland The Right Reverend John Lewis SSM, BD, ThL on 14th Oct 1984". Another plaque reads " A.M.D.G. This stone was laid by HRH Princess Alice GGVO CBE Countess of Athlone in memory of those who fell in the Second World War ,…

Read More

Woolgoolga, NSW - Northern Beaches Anglican

Woolgoolga, NSW - Northern Beaches Anglican

Year Built: 1983

Address: 19 Scarborough Street, , Woolgoolga New South Wales, 2456

The original St Augustine's was built on the site of the present Rectory and Church. The land was said to have been given for the purpose by a Woolgoolga citizen. An important addition to the village in the late 1890s was St Augustine's Anglican Church. Although 1902 is given elsewhere as its date of construction church documents…

Read More

Yagoona, NSW - Christ the King Catholic

Yagoona, NSW - Christ the King Catholic

Year Built: 1982

Address: 2 Cantrell Street, , Yagoona New South Wales, 2199

Read More