Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Year built: between 1991 and 2000


Bomaderry, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican

Bomaderry, NSW - St Stephen's Anglican

Year Built: 1993

Address: W Birilley Street, , Bomaderry New South Wales, 2541

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by Archbishop Donald Robertson AO MA ThD dedicating this building to the Glory of God on Sunday the 31st of January 1993".

Read More

Charlton, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Charlton, VIC - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1993

Address: 7 Learmouth Street, , Charlton Victoria, 3525

A Foundation stone reads, "St Joseph's Church Charlton was blessed and opened by Most Reverend Ronald Mulkeearns D.D. Bishop of Ballarat Sunday April 4th 1993. Fr Denis Dennehy Parish Priest. On this site stood the former St Joseph's Church blessed and opened by Bishop Joseph Higgins of Ballarat in September 1907 when Father Edward…

Read More

Dingley, VIC - St Mark's Catholic

Dingley, VIC - St Mark's Catholic

Year Built: 1999

Address: 10 Dimar Court, , Dingley Victoria, 3172

A Foundation stone reads, " This Church of St Mark's was blessed ans consecrated to the greater honour and glory of God and the salvation of man on April 25tn 1999 by his Lordship Bishop Denis J. Hart D.D. with the dedication of the parishioners of St Mark's. Fr Anthony P Fox O.F.M. Conv Parish Priest. Fr Joseph Nguyen O.F.M. Conv…

Read More

Dromana, VIC - Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic

Dromana, VIC - Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic

Year Built: 1993

Address: Foote Street, , Dromana Victoria, 3936

The Foundation stone was laid on 23 May 1993 by the most Reverend Sir T.F. Little Archbishop of Melbourne.

Read More

Eden, NSW - Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic

Eden, NSW - Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic

Year Built: 1992

Address: 86 Calle Calle Street, , Eden New South Wales, 2551

The original church was built in 1863 and was in use until 1992. A plaque on the old church reads, A temporary wooden church built in Eden [circa 18601 damaged by strong winds in September of 1860. Rebuilt November 1860. Land granted 27 July 1863 for the establishment of church presbytery and school reported in "freeman's journal"…

Read More

Everton Hills, QLD - Hills Wesleyan Methodist

Everton Hills, QLD - Hills Wesleyan Methodist

Year Built: 1991

Address: 79 Queens Road, , Everton Hills Queensland, 4053

Hills Church (originally Everton Hills Wesleyan Methodist Church) was born on the shores of the Burnett River just outside of Bunderburg. There a small core of families from Ferny Hills gathered with the Rev. Don Hardgrave during Easter 1981. The first service commenced on December 6, 1981 at 79 Queens Rd, Everton Hills which had been…

Read More

Gracemere, QLD - St Andrew's Anglican

Gracemere, QLD - St Andrew's Anglican

Year Built: 1999

Address: 14 Barry Street, , Gracemere Queensland, 4702

A plaque reads, " To the Glory of God this building was dedicated under the name of St Andrew on 3rd February 1996 by George Hearn Ninth Bishop of Rockhampton Parish Priest J.P. Graham Freeman - Wardens W.H. Moore M Thompson".

Read More

Inverloch, VIC - Anglican Church of Ascension

Inverloch, VIC - Anglican Church of Ascension

Year Built: 1999

Address: The Crescent, , Inverloch Victoria, 3996

The original church was dedicated on 14 May 1924 by the Bishop of Gippsland Harold Cranswick. Further extensions were made in 1957 and 1981. The current building was consecrated on 23 May 1999.

Read More

Kingscliffe, NSW - St Anthony's Catholic

Kingscliffe, NSW - St Anthony's Catholic

Year Built: 1993

Address: 16 Pearl Street, , Kingscliffe New South Wales, 2487

A Foundation stone reads, " This Church of St Anthony Kingscliffe for a War Memorial was solemnly blessed and opened on 17th December 1961 by The Most Rev P.J. Farrelly D.D. Bishop of Lismore. Reverend Father B.R. Leonard P.P.". A further Foundation stone reads, " This new St Anthony's Church is also a War Memorial it was solemnly…

Read More

Kingsthorpe, QLD - Church of Christ

Kingsthorpe, QLD - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1998

Address: Corner North & East Streets, , Kingsthorpe Queensland, 4400

The Foundation stone was laid on 1 March 1998.

Read More

Kippa Ring, QLD - Holy Cross Catholc

Kippa Ring, QLD - Holy Cross Catholc

Year Built: 1998

Address: 68 Nottingham Street, , Kippa Ring Queensland, 4021

A Foundation stone reads, " Holy Cross Church was dedicated to Almighty God on the Feast of All Saints in the Year of the Holy Spirit Archbishop J. Bathersby D.D. 1 November 1998 Fr J. McKeon P.P.". A further Foundation stone reads, " This Foundation stone was blessed by the People of Holy Parish on Pentecost Sunday in the Year of the…

Read More

Leongatha, VIC - Presbyterian

Leongatha, VIC - Presbyterian

Year Built: 1993

Address: Corner Bent & Turner Streets, , Leongatha Victoria, 3953

A plaque read, " To the Glory of God this church was opened by the Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Victoria the Right Rev Walter Zurrer on Saturday 24 July 1993".

Read More

Longford, TAS - Baptist

Longford, TAS - Baptist

Year Built: 2000

Address: 159 Wellington Street, , Longford Tasmania, 7301

A Foundation stone reads, " Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever, Hebrews 13 8 AD 2000".

Read More

Merimbula, NSW - St Clement's Anglican

Merimbula, NSW - St Clement's Anglican

Year Built: 1991

Address: 91 Main Street, , Merimbula New South Wales, 2548

A Foundation stone reads, " A.M.D.G. This stone was laid by the Rt Rev .J. Clements Bishop of Canberra and Goulburn on October 8th 1961 D. J. Dickson Rector". A further plaque reads, " St Clements Church extension dedicated by Rt Rev Owen Dowling Bishop of Canberra and Goulburn on 14th July 1991. Builder Jon Channon Homes - Architects…

Read More

Mount Tamborine, QLD - St George's Anglican

Mount Tamborine, QLD - St George's Anglican

Year Built: 1992

Address: 2 Dapsang Drive, , Mount Tamborine Queensland, 4272

Services have been held on Tamborine Mountain since 1900 and the original St. George’s church was a community hall, relocated and rebuilt on the present site in 1938. A Foundation stone reads, "This Church of St George Tamborine Mountain was erected through the benefaction of Miss Jean Evelyn Dunlop and consecrated to the Glory of God…

Read More

Rowville, VIC - Uniting

Rowville, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1996

Address: 64 Bridgewater Way, , Rowville Victoria, 3178

The Church commenced worship in the Seebeck Hall, then moved to the Kindergarten on Wellington Road before building their first Worship Centre on the corner of Fulham Road and Bridgewater Way in 1989. More information see the church website here.

Read More

Tanunda, SA - Uniting

Tanunda, SA - Uniting

Year Built: 1993

Address: William Street, , Tanunda South Australia, 5352

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 February 1993.

Read More

Tingalpa, QLD - Good Shepherd Lutheran

Tingalpa, QLD - Good Shepherd Lutheran

Year Built: 1992

Address: 125 Belmont Road, , Tingalpa Queensland, 4173

The Congregation was formed when the congregations at Carina and Wynnum merged in 1992. A wall plaque reads, " Good Shepherd Lutheran Church Tingalpa dedicated to the Glory of God 7th February 1993".

Read More

Wyong, NSW - St James Anglican

Wyong, NSW - St James Anglican

Year Built: 2000

Address: 25 Byron Street, , Wyong New South Wales, 2259

A mention of the church was made in the Gosford Times in January 1915 that the ouside and roof of the church was to be painted by a Mr Albert Warner as a gift. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1994 and a new church was erected four years later. The Church celebrated its centenary in 2006.

Read More