Year Built: 1880
Address: 105 High Street, , Campbell Town Tasmania, 7210
The Church was built by funds left by Joseph Brickhill a successful local Businessman. His shop which used to be on High Street was built in 1859at a cost of £6,000 and was said to be the finest country store in Tasmania. Brickhill died in 1865 at the age of 65 after being attcked by his Alsatian dog. £1,400 was left in his estate to…
Year Built: 1858
Address: 55 High Street, , Campbell Town Tasmania, 7210
The Church opened for worship on 30 May 1858. The Church was sold in 2018 and is now a cafe and function venue.
Year Built: 1835
Address: 70 National Highway, , Campbell Town Tasmania, 7210
From a plaque at the front of the church reads, "John Lee Archer the Civil Engineer under Governor Arthur had the plans drawn up for this church and the foundation stone was laid in 1835. It was then discovered that part of the base had been laid down with no foundations and a new contractor was called to complete the building which was…
Year Built: 1857
Address: 4 King Street, , Campbell Town Tasmania, 7210
Bishop Willson rode on horseback from Hobart to Campbell Town to lay the foundation stone of the church on June 25 1856. He was assisted by six priests, the pastor John Fitzgerald and Fathers Butler, Hogan, Bond, Dunne and Keohan. The land was secured in 1857 by Bishop Willson and was consecrated in September of that year.
Year Built: 1863
Address: Corner Church & Fergusson Streets, , Camperdown Victoria, 3260
The building of St Paul's Parish Church commenced in 1863 with substantial contributions from families whose descendants still worship in the parish. With local tradesmen directing the stonework and carpentry, both the church and the vicarage were completed within four months. The Church was built in three stages with chancel and…
Year Built: 1915
Address: 7 Evaline Street, , Campsie New South Wales, 2194
Built around 1915 the Church cost 12,000 according to an article in the Sydney Morning Herald of 25 October 1927. The Church was opened by Archbishop Kelly. Romanesque style red brick Church with slate roof. Arched opening at front, small rose window, pilasters alongside walls are features. It is a typical twentieth century Parish…
Year Built: 1902
Address: Tilga Street, , Canowindra New South Wales, 2804
The Church has two foundations stones attached to it. The first was laid on 11 May 1902 by the Bishop of Bathurst the Right Reverend J Dunn. The other was laid on 27 July 1915 by the same Bishop.
Year Built: 1858
Address: Church Street, , Canterbury New South Wales, 2193
Built on part of Robert Campbell's Canterbury estate on land donated by his daughter Sophia Ives Campbell. The Church was designed by Edmund Blacket. Built from local sandstone it was completed between 1858 and 1859 and consecrated on 12 April 1860. Of Gothic Revival Church style with steeply pitched roof which was originally covered…
Year Built: 1864
Address: 4 Urquhart Street, , Carisbrook Victoria, 3464
Anglican services were first held in Carisbrook in 1851. In 1854 church services and a school were conducted in the Parish Hall. In 1864 - 1866 the present blue stone church was erected. The interior was renovated in 1966 and the vestry was added in 1972. On October 2015 St Paul’s Carisbrook was deconsecrated as a place of worship,…
Year Built: 1866
Address: 351 Lygon Street, , Carlton Victoria, 3053
The church was built in two stages, the first between 1866 and 1867 and the second between 1869 and 1870. It was designed by Joseph Reed and Barnes. The builder was John Pigdon. The tower at the northeast corner was never erected and in 1935 was substituted by the present porch and Bell-cote. A foundation stone was laid on 14 September…
Year Built: 1869
Address: Drummond Street, , Carlton Victoria, 3053
Originally a Wesleyan Methodist church it was designed by Joseph Reed and built between 1869 and 1870. The first church, seating 120 people was opened on 17 February 1861. It cost 260 on completion. This church later became half the Sunday School Hall. Construction commenced on 29 December 1860 and it took only 6 weeks to build.
Year Built: 1938
Address: 142 Grange Road, , Carnigie Victoria, 3163
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Moderator The Right Rev F.W. Bolland M.C.M.A. 5th March 1938 Rev S.A. Vertigan Minister. Architects H.H. and F.B. Kemp. Builder Norman Miller".
Year Built: 1924
Address: 371 Neerim Road, , Carnegie Victoria, 3163
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone of the Parish Church of St Peter's built for the worship of God and the teaching of the Catholic faith was laid by Harrington Clare Archbishop of Melbourne on Whitsun Eve A.D. 1924. Pasce Oves Meas. Louis R Williams Architect, R,J, Werner Builder".
Year Built: 1843
Address: 1 Liffey Street, , Carrick Tasmania, 7291
Built in 1843 and consecrated in 1845 after its conversion from a schoolhouse. Services were first held c1843 in a blacksmith's shop and subsequently in a schoolhouse, whose building was later transformed into St Andrew's. Thomas Reibey had the schoolhouse converted by 1845, though the tower was added in 1863. The church's burial ground…
Year Built: 1909
Address: 174 Glenelg Highway, , Casterton Victoria, 3311
The first church was erected in 1865 and was opened on 1 April. The second church built in the Gothic style was opened in March 1909. The Foundation stone was laid by Mr Gillespie on Wednesday 7 October 1908.
Year Built: 1858
Address: Lyttleton Street, , Castlemaine Victoria, 3450
The earliest building was constructed in 1855 as a temporary church, Sunday and day school. Designed by architect and surveyor, Clement Wilks, the foundation stone was laid on 7th March 1855. The first church building is constructed of unadorned brick and designed in a simple Georgian style. Step buttresses divide the nave into bays,…
Address: 78 Hargraves Street, , Castlemaine Victoria, 3450
The first temporary chapel was built in 1853. The wooden church remained in service until 1857 when plans for "a magnificent cathedral in the Elizabethan style" were announced. Frederick Poepel was chosen as the architect, and the first stone laid on September 13th 1857..
Address: 8-12 Lyttleton Street, , Castlemaine Victoria, 3450
Formerly a Presbyterian church. The foundation stone was laid by the Premier of Victoria, Sir James Patterson on June 22nd 1894. The Church was officially opened on 16th December 1894. The church was built by Mr Shillabeer to a design by the Ballarat architect Charles Figgis. It is a red brick building with cement dressings and a…
Year Built: 1875
Address: Corner Clarence & Kooyong Roads, , Caulfield South Victoria, 3162
The Revd H.B. Macartney purchased a small weatherboard former Methodist Church, known as St Peter's Mission Church, Camden Town, in 1875, on the corner of Glen Huntly Road and Cedar Street. After this, Messrs. R.W. B. Mackenzie, and I..J. Davies and J.H. Davies officiating as lay readers from St Mary's, were among the first people to take…
Year Built: 1929
Address: 1 Neerim Road, , Caulfield Victoria, 3162
Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), Monday 13 August 1928, page 12, CHURCH NEWS. Efforts to organise a Presbyterian Church in Caulfield are meeting with success. The Sunday evening services are held in the Courtroom, Caulfield Town Hall, and are conducted by the Rev. A. Hardie. Tenders have been called for the building of a church…
Year Built: 1864
Address: 281 Glen Ira Road, , Caulfield Victoria, 3162
The first Anglican service held in Caulfield was conducted by the Reverend Samuel Taylor (from St Andrew's Brighton) and Reverend David Seddon (of Christ Church St Kilda) in Park Street. An early English Gothic design by the architectural firm of Reed and Barnes. The Church is constructed of bluestone and was erected between 1870 and…