Adelaide, SA - Scots Uniting (30053)
Year Built: 1851
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Kaurna people
Last Updated: 18/02/2021
History and Architecture:
Scots Church Adelaide was originally called Chalmers Free Church. It was built by a group of Presbyterians who supported the Free Church of Scotland. They called Reverend John Gardner from Scotland to establish a church in South Australia. He arrived in Adelaide in March 1850 and immediately set about purchasing the land on the corner of North Terrace and Pulteney Street .
The first worship service in the building and its Official opening was held on 6 July 1851.
The tower which was added in 1858.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1870 - 1877||Rev J Davidson|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.