Annerley, QLD - St John's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1929
Address: 33 King Street, Annerley, Queensland, 4103
Architect: George Trotter
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 24/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The first church was built in 1886 at a cost of £150 and their second church was built during the incumbency of the Scottish-born Rev. Alexander Duff (1885-1973) in 1929 at a cost of £3,500. Brisbane architect, George Trotter, who was also a member of the congregation, designed the second church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1915 - 1920||Rev Fred W. Gresham|
|2022 ? -||Rev Martin Duffield|
The Organ ws built by Whitehouse Bros of Brisbane in 1930. Additions were made in 1945 and 1948 by Whitehouse Bros. It has 2 manuals, 9 speaking stops, tubular-pneumatic action.
A full description can be seen here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.
2. Heritage Brisbane