Ararat, VIC - St Andrews Uniting (20206)
Year Built: 1959
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Last Updated: 06/01/2021
History and Architecture:
Formerly a Presbyterian Church that was first considered at a meeting on 16 June 1858 with Mr Robert Allan, being the first Secretary. On 10 September 1858 the first service was held under the leadership of Dr Cairns.*
On 10 February 1859 the Church was opened under the stewardship of Rev William MackIntosh. The debt for the church and Manse construction was cleared in 1864. By 1875 there was a push to build a new church however it was decided to extend the existing one.*
A newer Church was eventually built about 1959.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1858 -||Rev William Mackintosh|
|1860 - 1893||Rev James Megew|
|1893 -||Rev John Spalding B.A.|
|1932 - 1933||Rev H C Wilson|
|1933 -||Rev S J. Hill|
|1940 - 1942||Rev F. T Borland|
|1942 - 1946||Rev J Stuckey B.A.|
|1946 - 1950||Rev William Howden|
|1950 - 1957||Rev J Lloyd|
|1957 -||Rev J George|
An Organ was installed in 1869 and the first Organist was Mr B Guyot. In March 1958 a new electronic two manual pedal organ was purchased.
St Andrew's Presbyterian Church Centenary 1959