Ardrossan, SA - Uniting
Address: 22 Fourth Street, Ardrossan, South Australia, 5571
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Traditional Owners: Narungga people
Last Updated: 02/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The Ardrossan Methodist Church began in the home of Mr.G. Webb. When the room was too small services were held under a large pepper tree near thehouse. Freeman's Mill later became the venue for worship. The church building was opened on the 24th. of March 1878 with a congregation of 80 and a Sunday School of 35. The Sunday School Hall was opened on 15th. Feb. 1938.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1911 - 1914||Rev Charles B. Holmes||M|
|1917 - 1919||Rev Joseph Ronald Andrew||M|
|1919 - 1922||Rev John H. Crossley||M|
|1922 - 1926||Rev Arthur T. Strange||M|
|1928 - 1932||Rev James McIntosh||M|
|1935 - 1937||Rev Stanley H. Dorman||M|
|1937 - 1940||Rev Bertram H. Phillips||M|
|1940 - 1941||Rev Laurence G. Menadue||M|
|1942 - 1945||Rev Eric J. Goldsworthy||M|
|1945 - 1950||Rev Stanley T. Harper||M|
|1950 - 1954||Rev Philip N. Potter||M||1915||2007|
|1954 - 1958||Rev Sidney H. Farmer||M|
|1958 -||Rev George Andrew Wright||M|
|2013 -||Rev Carl Chambers||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Church Website