Armadale, VIC - Baptist (20532)
Year Built: 1898
Last Updated: 04/03/2021
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone was laid on 20 July 1898 by Mrs Westmore G. Stephens. The Architect was Sydney Smith and Ogg and the builder was A Parker.
It was designed in an advanced Romanesque style in red brick with stucco dressings, dark brick diapering, chequerboard gable treatment and fleche on the roof ridge. The building was later linked with the hall, in the same style. The church retains its original timber fittings, sloping floor and stained glass.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2020 ? -||Rev Jude Waldron|
Built in 1877 by George Fincham for the Baptist Church, Albert Street, Eastern Hill, Melbourne. It was installed at this site in 1904. Restored in 1971 by Laurie Pipe Organs.