Armidale, NSW - Baptist
Year Built: 1918
Address: 124 Jessie Street, Armidale, New South Wales, 2350
Traditional Owners: Gumbaynggirr people
Last Updated: 29/05/2022
History and Architecture:
The first Baptist Church in Armidale was built in 1882 on the corner of Brown and Allingham Streets. The current Armidale property, on corner Rusden and Jessie Streets, was purchased by members of the Black Mountain congregation in 1918, and the current Armidale building was opened in December that year. It cost £2,500.
A Foundation stone reads, " The Lord shall guide thee This stone was laid by Charles Thorpe Esq 17th July 1918". Another stone reads " To the Glory of God This stone was laid by J.H. Burnet Esq President of the Baptist Union of NSW 17th July 1918". A third stone reads, " This stone was laid by Rev A.J. Waldock 17th July 1918".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1928 -||Rev D. G. Morse|
|2022 -||Rev Andrew Coburn|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.