Ascot Vale, VIC Uniting
Address: 60 Maribynong Road, Ascot Vale, Victoria, 3039
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 04/12/2020
History and Architecture:
The original church was Presbyterian. Competitive designs were invited in 1895 for a church to seat 600 people. 38 designs were received and that of Hillson, Beasley and Little was selected. Tenders were called for the erection of the church in September 1896 without the intended tower. The tender of Angel Bros for 3,067 pounds was accepted.
The building was completed by May 1897 and dedicated by the Rt Revd Dr Macdonald on 28 May of that year.
The church building and the organ were destroyed by fire as a result of arson in 2004. For more historical information visit the church website here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2020 -||Rev Gordon Bannon|
The organ was built in 1904 by George Fincham & Son at a cost of £410.