Auburn, NSW- Presbyterian
Year Built: 1905
Traditional Owners: Wangal and Wategoro people
Last Updated: 31/08/2023
History and Architecture:
Constructed in 1905 in Federation style designed in a cruciform-shape with large plinths and a substantial extension to the rear. The roof is clad in corrugated iron which has replaced an earlier tiled roof. The Church walls constructed of face-brick with polychromatic brickwork are set on a concrete base with brick and concrete wall buttresses. Terracotta vents are located around the base of the walls.
The congregation was formed in c.1904, originally congregating in the local Town Hall for Sunday services.
A plaque reads, Presbyterian Church, this tablet was unveiled by Miss Margaret Harris on the 16th December 1905.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cumberland Council Heritiage Study.