Auburn, SA - St John's Anglican (30208)
Year Built: 1862
Last Updated: 03/09/2021
History and Architecture:
A Gothic Revival church constructed form Auburn bluestone with quoins and dressings of Watervale sandstone it was built by Pike and Dale in 1862. Joseph Meller and James Scott cut the stone and Joseph Jones was one of the stone masons employed on this project. The roof is of Welsh slate while the steps are of Mintaro slate.
The Hall was built in 1908 by Bed Meller using some of the stone from the dismantled Wesleyan Chapel in Leasingham. The Foundation stone for the Hall was laid on 15 July 1908 by Mrs J.J. Duncan.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1870 -||Rev Charles Wriothesley Hawkins||1835||1896|
|1888 - 1902||Rev Edward Kelson Yeatman||1823||1902|
|1903 - 1909||Rev Frank Sewell||1873||1917|
|1906 - 1916||Rev Charles Fishbourne Hall||1877||1954|
|1916 - 1918||Rev Henry Hopton Hopton||1881||1959|
|1919 - 1923||Rev Harold Giles||1886||1962|
|1923 - 1926||Rev Harold Woolnough||1887||1966|
|1927 - 1930||Rev Henry Edward Stafford Dyson||1880||1958|
|1930 - 1933||Rev Reginald Henry Pearman||1896||1977|
|1933 - 1937||Rev Henry Edgar Shepherd||1903||1981|
|1937 - 1944||Rev Walter Benjamin Kenworthy||1892||1948|
|1944 - 1952||Rev John Ashley James||1912||1999|
|1952 - 1954||Rev George Richard Mathers||1903||1963|
|1958 - 1962||Rev Percival McDonald Smith||1903||1982|
|1965 - 1969||Rev John Siddell||1911||1992|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clergy Index.