Auburn, SA - St John's Lutheran (30206)
Year Built: 1860
Previous Denomination: Methodist
Last Updated: 03/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was formerly a primitive Methodist church. Made of stone with bluestone quoins and dressings it was built by Joseph Meller in 1869 on part of an Aboriginal corroboree ground.
After church union it was used as a Sunday school then sold in 1889 to the Orange Lodge a protestant group of Irish background.
Purchased in 1927 by the Lutherans a porch and vestry have since been added. The Lutherans previously worshiped ay Pine Creek.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2011 -||Pastor Jim Bryan||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.