Axedale, VIC - Anglican (20752)
Last Updated: 06/11/2021
History and Architecture:
The dedication service for the church was held on the afternoon of 22 March 1914 by Reverend C.P. Brown. The evening service was conducted by the Reverend Canon Watson. The Foundation stone was laid by the Lord Bishop of the diocese in June. The design of the church was by Mr John Beebe the architect. The bluestone was taken from the local quarry.
The church was closed around 2015 with the local community investigating ways of using the facility for community activities.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1916 -||Rev J.L. Rodgers|
|1920 -||Rev James Henry Ikin||Reader||1898||1931|
|1922 -||Rev Maitland Harrison Gardner||Reader||1900||1974|
|1927 - 1928||Rev James Leslie Rodgers||1882||1978|
1. Cable Clergy Index.