Bald Hills, QLD - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1910
Traditional Owners: Yugarabul people
Last Updated: 22/10/2022
History and Architecture:
In May 1863, the first Presbyterian Church of Bald Hills was built and opened by the Reverend C. Ogg. Three years later Bald Hills was included in Reverend Alexander Caldwell’s charge of Oxley Creek and Fortitude Valley.
This small Federation Carpenter Gothic style timber framed church was built in 1910 after the previous church, constructed on this site in 1863, burned down in 1909.
The present church was erected on the same site in 1910 and opened free of debt. The opening ceremony was performed by his Excellency the Governor of Queensland, Sir William MacGregor on Saturday October 8 and a large gathering of friends and residents from Sandgate, Nundah, North Pine and other adjacent districts attended the opening.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1869 -||Rev Alex Caldwell||Moderator|
|1872 - 1874||Rev Elder Gray|
|1875 -||Rev W. D. Meiklejohn|
|1877 -||Rev C. E. Amos|
|1888 - 1889||Rev William H. Gray|
|1883 -||Rev Christopher Clarke|
|1890 - 1904||Rev W. D. Meiklejohn|
|1905 - 1906||Rev David Fulton|
|1909 - 1911||Rev J. Frew Brown|
|1915 - 1918||Rev W. S. Laurie|
|1928 - 1929||Rev W. M. Maitland|
|1930 - 1933||Rev Henry Corbett|
|1972 - 1973||Rev J. Thompson|
|1979 - 1982||Rev P. Barson|
|1990 - 2010||Rev P. Bloomfield|
|2019 -||Rev Brad Fletcher|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Centenary History of the Presbyterian Church in Queensland. Richard Bardon.
2. Heritage Brisbane. Click here to read full history.