Batesford, VIC - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1860
Architect: Joseph Lowe Shaw
Last Updated: 07/07/2022
History and Architecture:
First services were held in private homes such as "Darriwill" home of the Hope family. Later Reve Sutherland conducted services in a tin shed on top of Batesford Hill until he left in 1887. In December 1859 tenders were let by the Architect Joseph Lowe Shaw for the erection of a bluestone church.
A plaque on the upper section of the church building reads 1860 however a reference on the front fence reads 1854.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1854 - 1857||Rev Alexander Sutherland|
|1857 - 1866||Rev Alexander Proudfoot|
|1867 - 1876||William Campbell Wallace|
|1879 - 1882||Rev William Alexander Lind|
|1884 - 1900||Rev Alexander S. Houston|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Churches of Geelong and District Vol 2