Beaumaris, VIC - Baptist (20997)
Year Built: 1960
Last Updated: 03/02/2022
History and Architecture:
Around 1955 two blocks of land in the central Beaumaris area had been purchased, but under new uniform building regulations, they proved too small for the erection of a Church building. Members were then led to a large block of land (100ft. by 400ft.) in Balcombe Road which was available for purchase at £3500.
Following approval of Mr. Lyon's plans, in July 1960 the Church decided to proceed with the building. A contract was signed with Mr. F. H. Jennings (a member of Oakleigh Baptist Church) for the erection of the building for £7750. Furniture and equipment were to cost another £500.
The church was opened on Saturday 25th of February 1961.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1950 -||Rev J Tomkinson||Part time|
|1958 - 1960||Rev Max Kingdom||From Mentone||1918||1994|
|1959 - 1960||Rev F Horwill|
|1960 - 1961||Rev Adam Clarke|
|1962 - 1969||Rev Sam Watson|
|1969 - 1974||Rev T. H. Searight|
|1975 - 1978||Rev Ian Emmett|
|1980 - 1981||Pastor Andrew Stelling|
|1982 -||Rev Peter G. Jenkin|
|2020 ? -||Rev Rod Holmes|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Beaumaris Baptist Church History Anniversary 1958 - 1983. LOC 286.1 BEA