Belmont, VIC - St Stephen's Anglican (20446)
Last Updated: 09/01/2021
History and Architecture:
In September 1890 the Reverends John Cameron wrote to the Register of the Diocese recommending the purchase of land n the Colac road and indicating the hope that a small successful church of a permanent character could be built as the place increased in population.
An Architect's plan for a building estimated to cost £350 was drawn up in 1894. Built by James Mills it had cost just over £100. In a Sunday School was built.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1906 - 1912||Rev D W Weir|
|1912 - 1916||Rev R H.B. Williams|
|1916 - 1917||Rev W Ratten|
|1917 - 1918||Rev J W.P. Oates|
|1918 - 1921||Rev F Parsons|
|1922 - 1927||Rev W P Bainbridge|
|1927 - 1929||Rev H W Topp|
|1929 - 1936||Rev F A Philby|
|1936 - 1939||Rev G B McWilliams|
|1939 - 1940||Rev A C Donnelly|
|1940 - 1941||Rev J R Waterman|
|1941 - 1949||Rev T R Vizard|
|1950 - 1953||Rev C B.G. Chambers|
|1954 - 1958||Rev C V Doig|
|1958 - 1962||Rev D A Ganly|
|1962 - 1969||Rev D W Hardy|
|1969 - 1976||Rev J R Kainey|
|1975 - 1977||Rev R.S. Joyce||Asst|
|1976 - 1981||Rev P L Burgess|
|1977 - 1979||Rev G. Morrow||Asst|
|1981 - 1987||Rev R J McCall|
|1987 -||Rev J A Berger|
|1993 - 1996||Rev D.K. Kirk|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.