Berwick, VIC - Christ Church Anglican (20886)
Last Updated: 17/09/2021
History and Architecture:
The first Anglican services held in Berwick took place in 1866 on the site of the (present) Presbyterian Church. A Foundation stone was laid on 5 December 1876.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1881 - 1882||Rev Benjamin Reed|
|1882 - 1883||Rev John Moxley Easterling|
|1883 - 1898||Rev John Heiffor Hill|
|1898 - 1899||Rev Alfred Brain|
|1899 - 1903||Rev Harry Joseph Harvey|
|1903 - 1932||Rev Alfred James Cole|
|1932 - 1936||Rev Robert Jamieson Rowell|
|1936 - 1937||Rev James Valentine Patton|
|1937 - 1943||Rev Ernest Louis Renard Panelli||1888||1953|
|1944 - 1948||Rev William Percy Daunt|
|1948 - 1951||Rev Robert Griffith Mountney||1911||1986|
|1951 - 1954||Rev Jock Lugton Ryan||1924||2020|
|1955 - 1961||Rev Patrick Edward Duff Gason|
|1961 - 1967||Rev Charles Frederick Sexton|
|1967 -||Rev Richard Stephen Cherry|
In 1914 a fund was began to replace the old Organ in the Church. There is no record of how well this appeal fared but it is recorded in 1915 that thanks be tendered to Mrs S.L. Wilson for the donation of a new Organ.
1. One Hundred Years of Christ Church Berwick 1877 - 1977 Frederick McCubbin