Binalong, NSW - St Patrick's Catholic (10152)
Year Built: 1913
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 18/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The first church was located on Church Hill and was called the Church of St Peter's and Paul. The foundation stone of that church was laid in March 1859. It was later demolished.
The Foundation stone of the existing Federation style church was laid on 17 September 1911 by the Catholic Bishop of Goulburn Dr Gallagher. Built of local bluestone at a cost of £3,000.00.
The Architect was William Monks, and stone mason David Larcombe who were also the Architect and stone mason for the Murringo Sacred Heart Convent.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1911 -||Rev P.O. Riordan|
No other information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Paul Morris 2021
1. Trove. Click here to read the full article.