Blacnchtown, SA - Advent Lutheran (30423)
Year Built: 1903
Last Updated: 13/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The first Lutheran pastor was Pastor Peter Bonifacuis Hoefner, who lived on the East side of the Paisley river and conducted services at his home from 1896 to 1901. In 1901 Pastor Hoefner moved from the Blanchetown district to Queensland. The congregation then joined the Stonefield Parish whose pastor was Pastor J. P. Lohe. On February 20th 1901 the congregation purchased sec 512 Hundred of Paisley, on which to build a church. There was sufficient land for a cemetery.
The church was built by Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Lehmann using quarried cliff stone, lime (burnt fron local limestone) and sand. The timber, doors, windows, frames and roofing iron were purchased and arrived by paddle steamer from Murray Bridge. The total cost of the building was £160. The dedication of the church took place on 29th November 1903, the first Sunday in Advent.
Johanna Caroline Pahl carried the key for the of openning, which was conducted by Pastor Johann Christian Auricht.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1896 - 1901||Pastor P B Hoefner|
|1901 - 1902||Pastor J P Lohe||From Stonefield|
|1902 - 1922||Pastor A Sabel||From Greenock|
|1922 - 1933||Pastor L Kuss||From Lowbank|
|1934 - 1941||Pastor G Fehlberg||From Lowbank|
|1942 - 1952||Pastor T J Fuhlbohm|
|1953 - 1966||Pastor E H Proeve|
|1966 - 1978||Pastor F W Noake||From Swan Reach|
|1979 - 1985||Pastor N A Hampel||From Swan Reach|
|1986 -||Pastor A C Bettison|