Booval, QLD - Sacred Heart Catholic
Year Built: 1915
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Jagera, Yuggera and Ugarapul people
Last Updated: 05/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was established in 1912. By 1914, the foundation stone for a church was laid on 4.5 acres of land, generously donated by Dean Andrew Horan of St Mary's Parish Ipswich.
A Heritage plaque reads, " Sacred Heart Church was constructed and opened by Archbishop Duhig in 1915 and from 1931 to 1997 Booval House opposite was used as St Gabriels convent for the Sister's of Mercy who taught in the Sacred Heart School".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1916 -||Father English|
|1927 -||Father O'Sullivan|
|1933 -||Father J. Coleman||1962|
|2021 -||Father Jojimon Thomas|
|2023 -||Father Thomas Varkey|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. 2023 Karl Warkus photos
1. Church website