Box Hill South, VIC - Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Catholic
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 28/02/2022
History and Architecture:
In 1952, the property at the corner of Bentley and Erasmus Streets was purchased by Fr Timothy Fitzpatrick, Parish Priest of Our Holy Redeemer Parish, Surrey Hills. This property consisted of a large two storey house, a coach house and stable, and an acre and a half of land. In 1954, the coach house and stable were converted into the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour.
A memorial plaque reads, " Our Lady of Perpetual Succour This Church a memorial to servicemen who died for Australia was blessed and opened by the Most Rev J.D. Simonds D.D. Ph. D. 20-3-1964. John A. Kelly P.P. ".
A fuller history can be seen here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1955 -||Father John Kelly|
|-||Father Thomas Mulligan||1991|
|-||Father Ronald Merrick||2011|
|-||Father Peter Priestley|
|2005 - 2010||Father Anthony Hicks|
|2011 - 2017||Father John Dowling|
|2017 - 2020||Father Mark Reynolds|
|2020 -||Father Brenden Reed|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.