Broadford, VIC - St George's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1912
Address: Corner High & Hamilton Streets, Broadford, Victoria, 3658
Traditional Owners: Taungurung people
Last Updated: 05/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The original church was a small wooden Methodist church built in 1895, opened on 9 June and demolished in 1912. The Builder was Mr McDonald of Broadford. A Foundation stone was laid by M McKenzie MLA on 1 June 1912 when a newer church was erected. The builder was James Sutherland.
The foundation stone was laid by MK McKenzie MLA on 1 June 1912. Built by James Sutherland, the church was opened the first week of December 1912; the preacher on the day was Rev. Professor DL Adam MA, DD.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1873 - 1878||Rev A. Hardie|
|1878 - 1880||Rev D. S. Maxwell|
|1880 - 1897||Rev J. Reid|
|1897 - 1911||Rev G. Jones|
|1911 - 1927||Rev R. Foyster|
|1927 - 1936||Rev J. F. Sims|
|1936 - 1944||Rev W. McCovh|
|1944 - 1947||Rev K. Billings|
|1947 - 1953||Rev W. Finsh|
|1953 - 1959||Rev H. Usher|
|1959 -||Rev J. S. Buck|
|2009 -||Rev J. Playfoot|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.